Fixed Internally Rares spawn too frequently

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by realistic, Dec 20, 2019.

1. realistic New Member

I am out in ew in your expansion I am literally camping ph's name will not stop spawning ever, we paid for an expansion with challenges the gear is coming at a rate eq will be finished in 2 days named your achievements for named kills is a joke your killing the game
  2. Prathun Developer

The spawn chance relative to the number of placeholders for some rares in Eastern Wastes does seem a bit out of whack.
    Thanks for letting us know!
  3. Riou EQResource

Unless the rest were changed in the patch this kinda seems like a thing for almost every named in the expansion :p
  4. realistic New Member

ya should be fixed now
  5. Prathun Developer

Yeah, we will definitely audit them all. :)
  6. Kinadorm Augur

Right now there is a bonus chance for rare spawns for Frostfell. When looking at the number of spawns and any changes be sure to account for that so they don't become too rare when that bonus isn't in effect.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Riou EQResource

That's not a thing until next week (the 27th)
    Herf likes this.
  8. Crystilla Augur

Seems like Magidror is not yet fixed and chain respawning as the named (I'm told). Great Divide named I guess?
  9. Poote Lorekeeper

Somebody get realistic some cheese for their wine. "WAAAAA Named are spawning to much, /cry"

Some of us have alts to feed, tradeskills to pay for, money to make in the bazaar and don't find camping 75 ph's for 1 named to spawn to be fun or entertaining (and that was with daybreak's bs rare spawn chance increase)
    Herf likes this.
  10. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I’m sure the OP has been camping it non-stop since servers came up and is now looking to get it fixed so that the prices on the gear/spells don’t drop too fast to make a bunch of play in game. That, or someone else has been in the camps and he can’t get it. I presume the thread complaining about the /pick threshold in GD being too high was likely motivated by the same desire.
    Hitty likes this.
  11. Gillthanas New Member

Or maybe he's just concerned with the longevity of the expansion.

Margidor is spawning every pop. Each 6 minutes. Thats a piece of gear, armor, and possible spell approx every 6 minutes. Thats 480 pieces of loot each day of the weekend. Because of that people camping him are sitting on full rank 2 spells and selling his loot for 50k, full suits of t1 gear are going for a krono. Spells are already dropping in price.

The expansion has to last a year. There's no GMM to save it.
  12. Orbital101 Augur

Think you gave all the love to all the rares but 'a velium horror and Neemzaq in Velketor. We know they spawn but the spawn rate is insanely low.
    Pano and Jondalar like this.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is really important to keep in balance. Thanks for reporting it OP
  14. Tucoh Augur

Xalgoti in ToFS and Dire Fang in Kael are very common.
  15. Hitty Augur

There are only a small percentage really out of whack. Some others are spawning really rare. Better to say which one are bugged/intended as honey pot for the buyers instead generalising after getting their toons filled up...

The only one which came over my feet was Margidor as a chain spawner. And if it was really a "rare spawn bonus weekend" then the OP should not name himself "realistic". If any other named should spawn more often, tell me so I can kill it :p. But Margidor is permacamped, so sounds more like having a problem not getting the camp. And some others in EW are perm-up because nobody dares to get a wipe again like this giant in EW in the fort who eats groups for breakfast...

Like every year/expansion their is a bit cannon fodder for the "early birds". TBL was Mearatas camp...