Ranger weapons

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Thraxxus, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Yther Augur

At 60, defiant will be better than any 1st level twink weapon, ratio-wise, which is what is important to a Ranger.
  2. Questoften32 Augur

At 60 yes, but I thought op was 32? Even so, like I said that would be more useful if it was a absolute new character. At 65 there are some really good ones but around there you should be doing your 1.0 anyway.
  3. Borek-VS Augur

He reposted in the middle of the thread saying he was 60. He's probably at least 65 by now :).
    Yther likes this.
  4. Borek-VS Augur

They are all best bought in the Bazaar; it's not until current expansion that it's the best option to kill stuff for your armor. The Bazaar options at 92 are pretty good, and are both plentiful and not too expensive (which goes together, really).
  5. Ratbo Peep Augur

/agree
    -R (got his Fear Touched in Bazaar as well)
  6. Vanlaven Elder

Wouldnt he be better off just grabing a cheap lvl 100 bow now that he can get endless quiver and such given that you get full dmg off bows reguardless off lvl req? (Just no stats from it)
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

Only if he was trying to PL himself. Melee skills would fall way behind.
    -R
  8. Yther Augur

You should qualify such suggestions as being against the EULA, since the rec. level dmg is a bug, and exploiting game bugs is against the EULA, even if the GMs aren't enforcing it for this particular bug.

Just been bothering me, no one has mentioned it. Don't want newbies to do something they didn't know was against the EULA.

Yther Ore.
  9. Vanlaven Elder

Oh I didn't realize it was against the eula tbh. Would not have suggested it if I had known, sorry. It has just been around so long (like atleast luclin / pop era i think, if not earlier) I figured it was well known and just unbalanced but not exploitative as u can actually equip any gear that reqs any lvl u want, just happens that the way archery dmg is calculated you happen to get full dmg.
  10. Yther Augur

It's just a technicality but still there. Also, the old bug was fixed for many years. This one has only been around a few years this time, but seems to be ignored or shoved to the side as not an important or game breaking problem. Just thought the warning should be there. Some people like me, don't like breaking the rules even if such is ignored by the GMs for the most part. I've seen too many friends be unwittingly wrapped up in stuff and get banned, and have to fight for months to get back into the game, so I don't risk knowingly doing anything that breaks the rules.
  11. Eluwenie Augur

I have seen some recommendations for epic weapons, honestly I've done 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 these are extremely difficult for a low level, some can be done solo, but as you get closer to getting each one they will actually require a small raid. I do not recommend this. I started from level 1 back in 2002 but I know weapons improved since then also the bazaar has too.. I do recommend to do some grinding for plat if you don't have much in zones you know that will help you at 32. I farmed older zones since PoP wasn't out yet, but I know there are more options now (which I don't know about now since I'm level 85 and not a Heroic Character). Once you find the spot to grind some half way decent plat. keep doing that and if you want weapons for you're level with the bazaar it will help and make sure you specify you're class, race and level. If you want to do other quests to get other weapons, if you find it too hard soloing you will need a group. I solo 100% of the time now, in group or raids I die too much and I know what my character can handle.. but it's all up to you on what you want to do. You will need some plat. anyway to get things later on in the game if you don't know anyone who makes speed pots or mana pots.. just my 2 cents.
  12. Yther Augur

I'm starting to wonder if people actually read more than the original post in threads any more. Last the OP posted, he said he was 60 and that was 8 days ago, so he's likely much higher by now.

Yther Ore.