Ranger straight solo @100?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Khauruk, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Khauruk Augur

Hi,

I've come back into game after spending most of the last few years out w/ some occasional raiding/levelling in between. My toon is 9500 AAs, w/ Royal Mallet of Thex/Naythox's Keeper of Order, mostly VOA t2 raid non-vis and HoT raid cultural vis slots. I'll be able to get some raid rots, but probably won't be able to make active member and spend much dkp for some time. I lobby-buff to about 8500 AC and only 93k HP.

I've never spent much time just straight soloing on the ranger, and have just had the merc around, usually under-stressed as far as healing goes. I've let the healing AAs slip, but have been thinking of getting a fire/ice proc weapon for MH to utilize the new fire/ice Mastery, and putting the 5dmg/lifetap aug in the Mallet for double lifetaps, and seeing what would be good xp.

I currently burn lesson in Valley, and pull enough adds to make sure the merc stays busy. The xp isn't bad, but it's not amazing to me and I'm bored w/ it. Where would you recommend going? Anywhere other than the heck-hole that is Grounds?
  2. Ratbo Peep Augur

If you max out Headshot AA you can solo most all of the Alarans in the Valley with it now.
    Headshot maxed works on level -1, so at 100 you can HS level 99 mobs.
    Past that, if you want to gear up, you can molo the Gribble HA's in the Dead Hills.
    The gear from that currency is only a click or two under RoF raid gear, and the exp is decent.
    -Rat
  3. Khauruk Augur

I already kill in Valley, but can't tank there w/o a healer. I'm not going to root/shoot. I'm curious about me-myself-and-me tanking and killing while not molo.
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Straight solo and xp at a reliable rate for Rangers is iffy. I would try is zone in area of Erudin Burning, the erudite necromancers (they don't summon) have a quick respawn and skeleton mobs (do summon) can spawn and spoil headshot. I used to Solo not Molo here with lesson and my Vet AA imp going for heals. Though my stats match your current stats now I was considerably weaker then. I needed the HoT from the Imp and emergency heals and well placed Imbue Ferocity with dual tap weapons along with Guardian of the Forest and Bladespurs HoT effects to keep me topped up. Weaponshield saved me many times when the big bang quick heal was down. I also saved Spirit HoT AA we inherited from Druids for emergencies. I used to get an average of 30 AA's per burn.

The pyramids area in Alkabor's Nightmare may be another spot potentially as the Drachnids and Drolvargs also Headshot. Iirc both summon. I was lazy and Molo'd this when I used my Lesson after CotF came out. Was like 18 AA's with Merc.
  5. Zahrym Augur

Unless the level cap increases soon (it will next expansion) you can net about 80-120aa/hr in ferrott mission, little to no risk.

Zone in > clear temples > clear 5 brown lizard camps > should be done in 12-15m, repeat. Boring but profitable.
  6. dalead Elder

Not anymore. HS is not reliable enough to do these that quickly anymore. Can still do them yes, but not at that rate of xp.
  7. Schadenfreude Augur

The weak con Wild Naeya mobs in Shards Landing are doable solo but I suspect the experience won't be comparable (especially if you were also doing the Valley daily).
  8. Ratbo Peep Augur

If you don't wanna use a healer merc, and don't wanna HS Alarans in the Valley. I think you're SOL.
    Level 100 Rangers can solo (melee) most greens and a lot of light bloo trash. That's about it.
    -R
  9. Ratbo Peep Augur

Right. To get anywhere exp wise fast with HS, you need to be doing dark blue level 98/99 mobs.
    The slowdown is "still worth it" if your doing the high end stuff.
    -W
  10. Khauruk Augur

>If you don't wanna use a healer merc, and don't wanna HS Alarans in the Valley. I think you're SOL.
    Level 100 Rangers can solo (melee) most greens and a lot of light bloo trash. That's about it.

Tank-soloing may be worse xp, but it doesn' t equate to "SOL". I'll try the zones suggested soon, and we'll see what I think. It'll probably not pan out, but that's only 30 minutes wasted if not...it won't be the first or last 30 minutes I've wasted in this game.
  11. Ratbo Peep Augur

OK - all you can do is experiment.
    I based my answer on the part below. "Amazing" isn't gonna happen anywhere.

-R