Ranger Pack Hunt (ranks 7/8/9)

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Falos, May 29, 2013.

1. Falos Augur

Is it just my imagination or are the final 3 ranks of the ranger swarm pet aa exactly the same, i haven't bothered to parse it extensively but a few things of note:

the max hit for the pets in ranks 7 and 8 are 125 (i havent bothered to get rank 9)
    the pets at those ranks both con green to level 100 (not a big deal)

but most importantly:

Rank 6:

[16573] Pack Hunt
    Classes: RNG/254
    Target: Single
    Range: 150'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Casting: 0s
    1: Summon Pet: packhunt6 x 5 for 120s

rank 7:

[32360] Pack Hunt

Rank 8:

[32361] Pack Hunt

Rank 9:

[32362] Pack Hunt

I realize this is a very very very minor aa line for the ranger class (hence me not really stumbling across this on my ranger alt until recently) but I tend to look at swarm pets for each class more closely than the other classes I think because swarm pets benefit my main (mage) more than any other class in the game actually benefits from their own swarm pets.

It looks like the 3 swarm pet ranks that were added to rangers in alaris literally do NOTHING different and are merely copy / pastes of rank 6

I can't help but feel that the new ranks should either have gotten a level increase + dps increase attached to them or their duration should have been extended by 5-10 seconds per a rank..... or it also may be possible that the ranks were never intended to go live I don't know. I didnt have a ranger when Alaris launched so I do not know the whole history on it.

Am I overlooking something or are the final 3 ranks literally not even a tiny upgrade over rank 6?
  2. Gladare Augur

No idea, I never made a hotkey of that aa. I only purchased it because I'm an omgz overpowered ranger with game ruining headshotting abilities.
  3. Tadenea Augur

never really noticed either till you mentioned it, Rank 9 same thing low 105 about
    I mentioned it to Elidroth and he said will look into it
  4. Tadenea Augur

Elidroth found the problem, ETA currently set for July Patch
  5. Badname0553. Elder

at least yours got continued, some of the pet classes didn't even get their aa pet lines extended in rof.
  6. Tadenea Augur

7. RangerToss New Member

So am I reading that correctly? You only get the pack for 2 min and then can't use it again for 15? I've been looking for this and glad I found it here, but that sounds crappy :(
  8. Gladare Augur

Pack hunt rates just higher than aa's such as innate hp regen and innate resistances. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  9. Hatsee Augur

The fact they do like 200 dps is even more crappy. At least they don't push mobs around anymore.
  10. Tobin Augur

This is coming. It is on test now.