Ranger hot keys 1 - 12

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Kindaaniel, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Kindaaniel Journeyman

I was wondering what the Rangers out there use for keys 1 through 12Here is my list and I'M sure there is a better combo/use.
    1= Shared Camo
    2= /autofire (hot keyed)
    3= Storm/Focus of blades
    4= Banestrike
    5= Tracking
    6= Blusterbolt spell gem
    7= Grasp of Sylvan Spirits
    8= Entrap
    9= sit
    10=Harmonious Arrow
    11= Forage
    12= Bladeswhisper Chain Vest of Journeys (that's the BP from COA) has a 5 minute recast

By no means am I saying this is the best combo or way to do it. It's just the way things played out for me and I am sure that there is a more efficient way of setting the main hot bar up.
    Thanks for the time
    Kindaaniel of Sol Invictus, Bristlbane :D
  2. Yther Augur

I use lots of pages. Page 2 is always stuff that won't drop invis though, for when travelling. Sucks to knock a bottle of soda over and hit a key and lose invis in the middle of raid mobs. Forage is almost always Page 2, button 2 just out of habit from when I started. I use multiple sets of buttons too. Mostly skills and emotes and AAs on button 1, with mostly AAs and discs on buttons 2 and 3, and some pages for particular events with instructions or what not. For Rng, I use mostly Ctrl+# for discs though, as there aren't more than 6 needed to be up at any one time.

I got lots of info macros, but most of those are just in the macro window (Ctrl+M - Socials tab) and not on hot bars, except when they are new and frequently requested.

Yther Ore.
    Kindaaniel and Rukkuss like this.
  3. Khauruk Augur

1 - Attack
    2 - kick, banestrike
    3 - Assist key 1
    4 - Jolting kick line
    5 - Assist key 2
    6 - ranged attack (I use autofire program for burns)
    7 - Shared Camo
    8 - agro kick
    9 - snare
    10 - taunt
    11 - Harm. Arrow
    12 - Epic 2.0

page 2 - tracking, hott hotkeys, corpsedrag, invis, lev, rarely used discs
    page 3 - hidecorpse key, passive clickies
    page 4 - bandolier sets
    page 5 - gating keys, merc stances
    page 8 - vet AAs
    page 9 - MGB stuff
    Hotkey bar 2 - Weaponshield, main dps discs/AAs, Cover Tracks
    Bar 3 - O. Evasion, forceful rejuv, mgb spice key, secondary dps AAs, tunic click, etc
    Bar 4 - Circle of X clickies, glyphs, 7th vet AA, Staunch, Armor vet AA, raid-specific macro keys, etc

Basically, defensives are lined up vertically on the left side of bars 2-4 (I keep all 4 bars stacked), and move rightwards on the top bar. Offensives occupy most of the middle ground, clickies to the right, and glyphs/very long reuse stuff at the top.
    Kindaaniel likes this.
  4. Gladare Augur

1) Track
    2) Forage
    3) hotkey for taunt, kick, focused storm of blades, hate kicks, ferocious kick
    4) hotkey for kick, focused storm of blades, jolt kicks, ferocious kick
    5) VA/GA hotkey with a /timer 1800 and channel message
    6) Cover Tracks
    7) Camo
    8) Entrap
    9) Shared Camo
    10) Autofire hotkey
    11) CoP 3
    12) Entropy of Nature

All dps spells bound to X. Keyboard shortcuts for casting anything else.
  5. Kindaaniel Journeyman

Thanks for the responses folks, interesting hot bars. Gladare what is VA/GA ? and Do you tank a lot?
  6. Gladare Augur

Volatile Arrow and Glacial Arrow. Debuff that causes your target to take increased damage from fire (volatile) and cold (glacial). I do tank a lot, but I am raid geared.

I forgot I swapped my mount for Entropy of Nature. Edited above.
  7. Kindaaniel Journeyman

Oh, yeah I use va/ga. What's the 1800 timer do?
  8. Kindaaniel Journeyman

Maybe I should also mention that I'm raid geared max AA and I use all 10 hot bars. I have them shaped into squares and they run along the near bottom of my screen. This way I don't need to use for instance hot bar 2 page 3 . Pretty much everything I need is on the 1st pages of the ten hot bars think my screen is 24"
  9. Gladare Augur

It simulates the 3 minute refresh. The hotkey is depressed and counts down like any aa on cooldown. It's like the pause command. The time is measured in tenths of a second.

I only keep 4 hotbars up personally. About 2 pages worth of keys on each.
  10. Bartlesen Lorekeeper

When grouped/solo:

1 - Autofire
    2 - macro for kick, jolting adjective kick, banestrike, focused storm of blades
    3 - entrap AA
    4 - macro for called shots, focused whatever of arrows, fire nuke, ice nuke, mountain dew
    5 - storm of blades
    6 - dot macro
    7 - cover tracks
    8 - track
    9 - innate camo
    10 - shared camo
    11 - attack bunny
    12 - epic click
  11. Khauruk Augur

Nothing that I do would ever work for you then - I touch the mouse as rarely as I possibly can, and rely on keyboard and memory for my typical actions. The mouse only comes out for clicking stuff that I'm not using constantly (and really, I should get more of that onto later hotkey pages).
    Kindaaniel likes this.
  12. Kindaaniel Journeyman

Would you mine posting those macros here so I can see how it's set up, please?
    Ty