Ranger damage after PoP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nodontcarekkthxbye, Mar 17, 2019.

1. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

My question is for people who have played on a TLP recently that is further along then Coirnav, or people with a good memory.

Im curious how often rangers parse in the top 10 on raids after PoP? Im looking to play a melee dps class, and I dont care if we are top dps, but I dont want to play a class that cant at least have 1 or 2 rangers jump into the top 10 on a regular basis.

So, how often do you see a ranger in the top 10 on raid bosses after PoP?
  2. Aziuno Augur

All matters how many are in your raid and the class makeup...

Longer fights usually rogues pull ahead due to 5 min disciplines

Anyway, rangers output maybe 70-90% of the top Parsers? I think in Ro they Spike above other melee due to having more burst of power AA open up that other classes had to wait for TSS.

IMO play a class because you enjoy them, don't worry about flavor of the era.

P.S. this is all melee, bow is basically dead in raid unless you have to stay out of something or run in/out

This is from a Rogue point of view in SoD.... A ranger will probably have better insight :)
  3. Jaera Augur

I often see EoE's top ranger in the top ten during burns, and if the fight is short enough, he'll stay there. Because the melee buffs only impact half or less of a ranger's damage, but fully impact rogues, monks, and berserkers, rangers just really can't top parses unless the fights are very short or have some reason that melee can't just stand there and dump damage.

Just remember that rangers have more flexibility to stand at range and still do high damage while avoiding it themselves, and that they also buff groups with various AAs that make everyone better. They're not just straight DPS.