Ranger AA Suggestions Feb 2014

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Tadenea, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Tadenea Augur

2. Bartlesen Lorekeeper

An AA that allows double damage on rooted mobs. This is antiquated considering how much damage other classes can pump out with little to no risk while kiting/root rotting.

An AA that decreases the chance of a DD spell/proc breaking root.

Have camo/shared camo skill up divination ala perfected invis.

An AA that allows carve whistle to be used in current content. I know most didn't use it, but I had a lot of fun with that spell when it came out. Could make tedious and dull camps entertaining if you had a shaman along to cast feralize.
  3. Schadenfreude Augur

It's a shame. Most of the - ahem - new generation of Rangers don't even know the spell exists but as you say many a tedious camp was brightened up seeing how many single target buffs you could land on Boo Boo to see if his DPS could be boosted into double figures.

Unfortunately fun fluff like this gets shouted down as it's perceived that the miniscule handful of AAs that it would add to the overall mountain [tm] somehow 'take away' from the usual 0.03% extra DPS lines.
  4. Tadenea Augur

also the pet summoned by whistle only has life span of 30min about before it dies
    onething I like about it was how at first pet will look like the mob you used it on, till you zoned of course

downside to it was
    Lack of dps
    have to get close to an animal to use it
    has level restriction, cant use it on animal above certain level
    Duration of its life

This would be more of an Spell Request update then AA request, But I will post it in Eqoutrider AA section maybe other rangers want AA version, but remember we are not a pet class
  5. Bartlesen Lorekeeper

All I know is back during SoD having a flying shark pet follow me around on land made the jonas dagmire aug quest bearable.
  6. rangergateexpert New Member

Would love to see some AAs that turn rangers into a bow class instead of a melee dps class. would also like to see AAs that remove the humanoid only for HS. expecially now that it has been nerfed. the problem with rangers now is they lack an identity. we can't tank, not the best dps class, can't slow, CC not the greatest. Honestly what are rangers the best at? when you think ranger what do you think of? the Bow skills and Headshot. make them a viable weapon for rangers please
  7. Tadenea Augur

and yet some rather be melee dps class
    removal of humanoid from HS will not happen, (Devs already put there foot down on that, they said they rather restrict decap to humanoid only then removing restriction on everyone else)
    group game we can tank (minus names), raid game not so much
    Epics are what we slow with (works well with ferocity when in a pinch) - still hoping for AA version
    CC not the greatest, hmm we are better then you think, we are good if you know what your doing.
    (very good when rootable, not so much if not)

When I think of Ranger headshot is one of the least things I think of
    and personally I rather go melee in group setting, and bow in raid setting
  8. Khauruk Augur

>Would love to see some AAs that turn rangers into a bow class

Oh please no.
  9. Sakuraba Augur

TBH, from what I've seen so far on my ranger, we need more ABILITIES that encourage bow usage, if not AA's. Nothing like Headshot, but instead something like a Shot that consumes 3~4 Arrows to multi-hit for significantly increased damage. I thought I read somewhere we had an AoE bowshot but I know I won't be seeing that personally for awhile if we do.

Would also be nice to have something like the unique 1HS weapons for SK/Pal, a type of bow loot that is solely our own, and fires significantly faster, maybe w/ a spell+ mod, give us more of a reason to stay at a distance while meleeing on occasions.
  10. rangergateexpert New Member

I understand you ant to be lazy and melee in a group setting, but myself I am usually the one doing the pull and CC for my group, and yes I know how to play a ranger been doing it a long time. it has been my experience that i spend more time using my bow and my weapons as I am the one responsible for lining up the mobs. I pull better than bards, or monks in the right settings, and yes I know we can slow with epics, that are not worth getting. I have tank both in groups and raids. not the current content COTF/RoF and rarely get out DPS by other classes. FOR ME using my bow and getting more DPS from it would be way more beneficial. I don't want my class to be like every other melee class out there i want it to be unique. sounds like you may need to learn to play the class. AS for Head shot they turned a useful tool into something that is barely an afterthought. Reduce the damage on it, let it proc more and on all mobs up to level 99. this turns it into a dps tool, which is what rangers are not a novelty item that's a joke in its now current state. they got it wrong when they capped the procs they should of capped the damage.

also if your a ranger that likes to stand behind a mob and swing away while the monk or sk pulls and the rogues do dps with the casters might i suggest switching classes you are under utilizing a ranger and please do not post suggestions for the class.
  11. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Melee has been and always should be a Rangers Main form of damage, archery is a fall back mode when things push us that way. (oh by the way i been playing this same toon for 13 ish years and some odd months, if they push me into a archery is the only way to go or mostly the way to go i will cancel my account, that's about the only thing that would cause me to do so too.)
  12. Schadenfreude Augur

Feel free to visit EQOutrider and be educated.
    Tadenea likes this.
  13. Engineer Augur

I don't know if HS will be tweaked, but at this point I'd rather they just do away with it completely and replace it with a passive damage boost (crippling blows, archery mastery, dropped arrows!, etc.) to equal our melee and double bow dmg on rooted mobs. It wouldn't be overpowering, would be a heck of a lot more useful than archery/HS is currently, and would allow us to switch between melee and archery regularly without sacrificing dps.

I'm pretty satisfied with our CC abilities. It's light years beyond what it used to be a few years ago. My only gripe is when grouped with a merc tank, they chase after blusterbolted mobs if I'm not designated puller. Mercs really need more intelligence for root CC.

I'm level 100 7kish AAs and not raid geared, but I think our general passive defense could use a boost. Maybe I just need to camp more AC augs, but with 6500+AC and CA/CS maxed, I still get manhandled by anything blue. In any case, I think being a viable back-up/emergency tank on group namers shouldn't be too far fetched as a hybrid with warrior heritage.
  14. Daegun Augur

Ranger was my first main years ago (classic until late GoD launched). I was never happier with the class than I was on luclin when AM3 and Endless Quiver went live. WE with velious chain, helm of the tracker, and me trusty bow of doom.

Imo the ranger class would be well served by boosts to archery that get it closer to (borderline comparable) to melee potential to give more versatility to the class. Play whichever way you prefer, but make it viable. Not viable with gimmicks like headshot, but rather passive and always there. On the flip side it'd be nice for melee discs to be increased to comparable output relative to the trueshot disc line.

Ranger needn't be 'archer' or 'pseudo melee'. Nobody wants that. I don't see why it can't be both as long as they're balanced close to each other and not overpowered.
  15. Aamain Journeyman

For pulling I'd still like to see another tier to Cover Tracks that with all the Quickened and Hastened AA to it ties it to our Endurance Bar, it then would but us on par with Bards for pulling as they do have a punt and lure AA's which with their Fading Memories as long as they have Mana they can fade...

I'd like to also see an Upgrade to Trueshot / Bullseye Disc as the last one is with the HoT Expansion at Lvl 90, any new player that ends up raiding with a current raiding guild, if the guild isn't willing to go back and do HoT content and no open raids are available then the player at best would have rk ll, which for raiding in VoA and above would seriously hurt them for the Boost in a Range Burn...if not adding an upgrade then possible allowing an AA to boost the last disc to a more current standered maybe another option?

also I'd like to see an Extended Vinelash AA to match Druids, and either or both granted FoE / FoE A, which would help lessen the load for requests to Druids for it (when Spirit of the Shrew and Pack Screw came out Rng's & Bst's recieved those)

just my 2cp...
  16. Tadenea Augur

Back on January 3 if you look at eqoutrider some spells were posted that turn up in spell database that shows a new disc
    This is not Spell Suggestion list but AA list

There was also a new defensive proc listed
    Whether these make it in is too early to tell

For FoE most rangers will tell you NO, our Run Speed is already higher then what FoE give and would only slow you down
    and most rangers rather not buff that. We got SoE and hardly use that nowadays on others. Lessen the load on druids really?
    Aamain likes this.
  17. Aamain Journeyman

Thnx for the info, now lets see if it ever makes it live...lol
  18. Ayochak New Member

Random suggestions & new ideas:

-More ranks: Shield block

-More ranks : Finishing blow

-More ranks: Flaming arrows, Frost arrows and poison arrows

-Final rank: Entrap AA made instant cast

-New AA: Weapon shield discipline activation triggers a Protection of the spirit wolf on a separate timer.
    -New AA: Weapon shield discipline activation triggers an Outrider evasion on a separate timer.

-New AA: “Chameleon’s cover” Cover tracks activation triggers a 2 ticks Chameleon's Gift on you.

-New AA: “Cover tracks Mastery”: Your channeling of Cover tracks can’t be interrupted.

-New AA: “Hastened Grasp of Sylvan Spirits” ranks. Actual reuse timer is 30s.
    Final reuse should be under around 10 seconds, on par with all root spells (Elddar 6s, Vinelash 7.5s).

-New AA: “Guiding the lost”. Activates a Find feature that gets from a group member to yourself. It remains active as long as it’s not canceled.

-New AA: “Echoes of the Earthcaller”. Imbue your weapons with the fabled power of your Earthcaller.
    (Slow + DoT) Focus: Earthcaller.

-New AA “Spirit of the hives” : Remove the Fizzle time from all our DoTs.
    (Like on Swarm of Bees)

-New AA “Form of the roamer”
    Self only, black wolf illusion, shrink, 100% move bonus, fixed invisibility and Skylight Sagacity vision. (Note: So if you become visible, the buff will drop.)

-New AA “Identifying the prey”
    This effect will return you the target’s Body Type, Race, Class and Level.
    (An Orc pawn: Body Type : Humanoid Race : Orc Class : Warrior Level : 2)

-New AA : Summon hunter companion
    This summons a relatively weak wolf pet (without the need to carve a whistle or whistle at animals).
    It can attack on command, guard, sit…
    Also the pet looks like a wolf (and not a bear). And it has 7 hours duration.
    It could be on the familiar buff slot and maybe adds some hit points.
    It could add X% to tracking skill or give some other class lore based bonus...

19. Ratbo Peep Augur

I like it, but it would have to be very weak - more for show and "fun".
    IMHO "just plain fun" stuff is getting forgotten.
    -Rat
  20. Khauruk Augur

Shield Block - would love.

Arrow proc AAs - These need some serious huge growth to be worth casting, devs. They're a few hundred dps at most, and not worth the trouble. They need to become thousands of dps to be worth the mana cost and AAs.

I'm not sure they can do that, but a second, different defensive disc would be wonderful. Increase Melee Mitigation by 65/70/75%, 3 ticks, extendable. 18 minute re-use, different timer than WS. WS is awesome, but OP while it's up and recast is too long. Spirit Wolf and Evasion are just so extremely weak.

This would be so very very awesome. Excellent convenience, and I'd buy it before anything else. Well, except for more Spell Casting Mastery!