Randomized Encounter TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ProgressionFreak, Nov 28, 2021.

1. ProgressionFreak Augur

What if you had Nagafen with a Frost AE with death touch, and didn't know until you engaged? Would you prepare your raid force differently?

I'm sure this will be tough to do, but imagine a server where every boss had a randomized number of effects: 2-4
    And random effects: DT, Cazic Touch, Frost AE, Poison AE, Fire AE, Lifetap.
    I guarantee you couldn't stack splits. Would be kind of fun, don't you think? ;)
  2. Xhartor Augur

Maybe in the early expansions when the encounters are all simple and basic, before mechanics start kicking in.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Pokemon Red/Blue style encounter TLP

You can't see anything until you aggro it....
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Twin servers, only half the raids are on each and half the loot. You want a Cloak of Flames and an RBB? Get it on the first server and then transfer to the 2nd. All epics drops are split evenly between the servers. No free transfer.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Machen New Member

\\

What if you had nagafen is a level 16 with no special skills?
  6. Corydon Augur

What if wether in case depends maybe?
  7. a_librarian Augur

How on earth does someone suggest adding death touches as a way to improve the game? Randomization is a good idea they need to expand on but it needs to not make the dull and tedious early raid game even worse
  8. Tymeless Augur

How about randomized bosses and minibosses and they have to be triggered so you don't know what your fighting until you trigger it.
  9. TheTone Elder

I think something resembling the FF7 golden saucer fighting game would be cool - each mob has a "pool" of abilities / levels that are randomly chosen. Also, the abilities could be rank-ordered and, when combined with the level chosen, increase / decrease the odds of higher end loot.
    Naggy could be from Lvl 55-60, have a pool of like 10-12 abilities from which he gets 2-3.
    Speaking of FF7 - we definitely need DPG to add chocobo mounts.
    Tymeless likes this.
  10. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

Thought this would be like you and your party are walking through a dungeon then all of a sudden the screen goes blurry and weird encounter music plays and your party finds themself in a small room with 2 gnolls and one frogolok to fight