Random question about pets

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by quakedragon, Mar 30, 2021.

1. quakedragon Augur

So I believe the spells for shaman, beastlord pets is "Summon X".Summon Halasian Battle Bear
    So wondering does spells like ward summon work on shaman and beastlord pets?
    description says "A burst of holy power that inflicts between 5 and @1 damage to a summoned target."

Just my random thought today.
  2. Annastasya Augur

i believe the damage to summoned spells do effect pets. But, i know for sure that the same line of spells effects monsters that are flagged as summoned type, like elementals and others i can't think of off the top of my head. They should not cast at all if your target is inelligible.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

"damage to a summoned target" only affects creatures Summoned from another plane of existence. The game uses 'summoned' too often and can be confusing.

Mage pets are Elementals summoned from another plane, and ARE affected.

Beastlord and Shaman pets are animals, or more accurately Spirits, along the lines of animal spirit guides. I guess you are imbuing a normal animal/creature with a Spirit. Should not be affected.

Necro and SK pets are Corpses that have been 'raised' or 'reanimated'. We imbue life-force or attach a soul onto a lifeless corpse. Should not be affected.
    Annastasya and Vumad like this.