Random encounters for players sitting or doing nothing.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Burdi, Jun 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retty Lorekeeper

your idea is bad, and you should feel bad.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There is a benefit if you put your AFK tag on that the Dev's put in the game.

Look on your option screen. Under General. Bottom right. It says "auto merc passive"

What this does is if you put it on the auto afk then after a period of time you go afk and your merc will go passive and stop charging you in case you forgot.

There is one to the right for auto tribute off but that one is to turn it off when logging out and has nothing to do with auto afk.

Putting that aside there is already an auto AFK kick timer in the game. I think it got so many complaints they quit using it. It only exists to help queue timers on server launches but even then players are upset since they are usually in the middle of something when it was kicking them off.
  3. Burdi Augur

Guys before this turn to a bloody online confrontation.
    (I am not available as a witness, i am located far from both of you.)

Please mind that I started this thread as a prank.

I have not played for quite some months now, and i did not started a group either.

The reaction to my post were so strong that i felt, it would be quite embarrassing for the posters, if i revealed that it is not meant to be so serious.

Of course the army of afk toon is a nuisance, but that is not something new or requiring immediate punitive measures.

My feelings was more like how can you complain so loudly about group difficulty, while so many of you are this passive?

And Also i see here many judgmental post about the right way of playing EQ.
    That I felt that i should do something about it, by showing a staggering example of it.

Sincere apologies.

Now please move on.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ok, you should know then that trolling is against the forum TOS.
    Im not calling you a Troll, but saying the thread was a prank could be interpreted as an admission of trolling.
  5. cadres Augur

Erm, those folk have mostly PAID to play the game. Having paid, they can sit in Pok or spend their time learning how to climb trees - who cares?! It's their game. One of the great things about EQ is there is so much to do and so many different things to do, or not.
    Many people also log in just to chat to friends and guildies - perhaps get yourself some of those and you'll be less worried about what others are up to
    Skuz and Ozon like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

And there is also the illusion "tree" that you can have. Trees don't move. So would you also ban someone who is a tree?
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Iven the Lunatic

So just a prank; is this an excuse or the truth ? ;) At least it was funny because the original post was so unrealistic and some people took it way to serious. :D

Of course you don't call him a troll because that would be trolling. :rolleyes: Maybe mini-moding should be added to the trolling rules.

I just did red the rules about trolling and have to say that about 90% of all posts are trolling just because the rules do not allow disputations and are very unrealistic to follow in practice. The forum would be dead if the rules would be strictly exerted.

8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

So you want to scold players going to use the RR, cook dinner, beer run, pick up the family member that said '' help, I've fallen' and I can't get up '' ?
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.