Random Aside

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kyreth, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Kyreth Elder

We've been renovating a really small bathroom in our house, and there's an area walled off next to the shower that we have no idea what's behind it or why the wall is there. Last night as I lay in bed pondering that wall, I suddenly had the half-asleep thought that if I just shrunk myself a couple of times and stood with my nose pressed against it, I'd be able to see through it and solve the mystery. Then I realized that I've probably spent too much time playing EverQuest over the last 13 years and was kind of annoyed at physics.

If you could transfer one aspect of EverQuest over to the real world, what would it be and why? Or, alternatively, what real world thing would you like to see in EverQuest? I vote kittens.
    Petts, Mykaylla, beryon and 5 others like this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Make a Vah Shir beastlord. Shrink your pet. Tiger kitten!
    Kyreth likes this.
  3. Axxius Augur

Teleportation, hands down. I would really love to portal to places all over the world. :)
    Petts, beryon, Enkel and 6 others like this.
  4. Uuvin Augur

the small boxed in area could be a chase for wires. or the pipes for the shower body. Ideally you can cut the sheetrock out in way so that you can put it back and either spackle / paint or put up molding so its removable. an access panel for the pipes is a good thing to have.

I would like the cure disease ability. resurrection would be neat, but if a person dies to age and you rez them, they die again soon anyways.
    Kyreth likes this.
  5. Ratbo Peep Augur

See invis.
    Now, before you laugh:
    Without this skill, how do you know that there's nothing there to see anyway? :D
    -R
    Petts, Anglesy, Oxgoad and 1 other person like this.
  6. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

the ability to levitate over water. I live right by the ocean and I would love to just walk out on a calm night and lay down a few inches above the ocean and look up at the sky (with out getting wet or the rock the boat feeling) it was also make being a pool boy a lot easier
    Petts and Kyreth like this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Especially when I'm running late for work and the traffic is gridlocked!
    Kyreth likes this.
  8. Edrick Augur

Grow, but only if I can target specific body parts.
  9. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

10. silku Augur

Bard fade. Can you imagine being able to wipe everyone's memory of you and simply walk away invis?
    Kyreth likes this.
  11. Enkel Augur

True, if I could bind myself outside work and then gate there, that would be perfect. Also, if I had fade (like silku mentioned), I would become extremely rich.................................. so................................................. that is a tough one.
    Kyreth likes this.
  12. Edrick Augur

Why would you bother binding and gating through traffic when you can just beam kite all the cars? Oh wait. You can't. Ha ha.
  13. Enkel Augur

I just hire a berserker to furious ramp/ decap them all, still pretty effective.
  14. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

If you go with my Levitate theory you could make your car levi over the others...
  15. SaderakhBertox Augur

I'll take a GM ability. I want to type in or mumble some code and spawn females.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Rez.

[IMG]
    Kyreth likes this.
  17. Moklianne Augur

Faction reset potions. You know, the spouse kind.
  18. Fendy Augur

A few years ago while working in England I had the chance to visit Stonehenge. I tried and tried to port home, but it didn't work. I told the tour guide it was broken and as a druid I should know. He just gave me a very funny look. I think he was a wizard who was upset that they didn't have a wizard spire.
  19. mogur Journeyman

Perfected invis. Think of the possibilities!
    Kyreth likes this.
  20. Kyreth Elder

Haha.. I think teleportation would have to win for me.. but perhaps the power to sing and play instruments that make people faster or feel full or mesmerize them or give them horrible diseases would also be interesting. In the end, though, I didn't need a super power! I was able to remove the shower knob and look through the hole to see that there's nothing but a big empty space back there that was walled off simply because the shower was too small for the space. Now if I could just right click and delete the wall, and enlarge the shower...