Raiding enchanters

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Kiliani, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Kiliani New Member

Lil help plz not sure if this was answered somewhere else or not but here it goes.Want to help my guilds raiding enchanters and would like a line up of spells/auras they should be useing during raids. Thank you in advance =)
  2. Szilent Augur

Twincast Aura up

Mana Repetition Aura
    Night's Endless Terror
    Order of Tashan
    Chromatic Alliance
    Dichotomic Reinforcement
    Mind Tempest &
    Strangulate dots
    Mindslash &
    Mindsunder nukes
    Shield of Order &
    Transfixer's Unity
    +2, potentially Mindcleave or Psychic Appropriation nuke, or Legions of Milyex/Skrizix, or Hastening of Milyex, or Chaotic Delusion if there's susceptible targets
  3. Kiliani New Member

What about this aura
    Arcane Disjunction Aura

have seen it used on raids over the mana rep aura is it even worth it to use anymore ? looked it up and its like a lvl 85 spell
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

1: Decrease Magic Resist by 76
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

if an enchanter is in a caster group they usual use if they are stationary.
    Twincast Aura up
    Mana Repetition Aura
  6. gotwar Gotcharms

These are the things I look for when evaluating Enchanter raid performance. Note that this is purely from a utility perspective and is what I'd consider the "bare minimum" to look for. This is 100% caster focused. If your Enchanters are going into melee/hybrid/tank groups, recruit more casters or fire an Enchanter (pew pew).

This ended up being a lot longer than I'd intended, but it's pretty comprehensive so... enjoy. I also take back what I said in the above paragraph; if your Enchanters are nailing everything in this post, they're doing extremely well. It's all off the top of my head so feel free to chime in if I forgot anything or got anything wrong.

Auras - Twincast, Mana Reciprocation, and Bolstering Aura. In events where the group is burning "off the top," both Mana Reciprocation and Bolstering Aura should be up and running at least 3 ticks before the event starts. Activating them later than that will result in no benefit because they take time to actually pulse.

Once the Enchanter's own ITC (Improved Twincast) has faded, immediately drop Bolstering Aura and activate Twincast. I generally keep all three of these auras on my spell bar at the start of the event so I don't have to bother with hotswapping.

The other auras are largely useless. Arcane Disjunction can sometimes have some *very* niche uses, but 99.9% of the time is wrong.

Activated ADPS - This will vary from guild to guild and event to event. Generally speaking, Illusions of Grandeur + Chromatic Haze should fire immediately after the group's Druid has used GBW. If Auspice is also running, hold Third Spire until IoG fades (if getting multiple back-to-back Auspices). If you want to get really technical, if you also have a Bard, hold Third Spire until after either A) Fierce Eye has faded or B) Auspice fades. Some groups may want Third Spire along with IoG if there is no Auspice running. Communicate with your group. Take the lead if nobody knows wtf you are talking about.

Dicho should always be fired prior to starting burns. So if you're burning off the top, fire this a second or two before the event starts. If you're burning in the middle of an event, be on top of your timing.

Your actual activated burn order should look like this: Dicho -> ITC +IoG -> Mind Tempest -> Robe Click (rotate casts if other Enchanters are using theirs) -> Chromatic Haze -> Mindslash

We do it like this so that we squeeze a little extra personal DPS out of our big primary " you!" burn, and so that the group's Druid can successfully set up two enormous DoT ticks for their Nature's Blistering Wrath DoT.

Calculated Insanity gives you 100% crit rate regardless of additional modifiers, so try to use it when nothing else is running.

I generally encourage Enchanters to take control of their group's ADPS coordination if no one else does. Understanding how your group burns and why they want things at certain times is a huge part of being a good Enchanter.

Passive ADPS - Always. Cast. Offensive. Spells. Your group members gain huge benefits from both Gracious Gift of Mana, Gift of Hazy Thoughts, and Beguiler's Synergy. If you aren't always channeling an offensive spell, you are actively losing your group DPS (and your own).

Caster order 1:
    (Dicho on Cooldown) -> Mindslash -> Mindsunder -> Strangulate
    Caster order 2:
    (Dicho on Cooldown) -> Mindslash -> Strangulate -> Strangulate

CO1 is for fulminating Alliance, low mana pools, or during Calculated Insanity (strangulate does not gain CI benefit).
    CO2 is for everything else. It is mana intensive, does not fulminate alliance, and will not use all 27 CI charges.
    This is largely preference. I swap between the two on the fly.

Cast Dicho on cooldown. This spell should never have a fully refreshed gem.

Demand that people pay you in Krono to receive Night's Endless Terror casts. Only accept payment up front. No pay, no play.

Debuffs - Assign one Enchanter to keep Deluding Constriction on whatever the big bad boss you're fighting is. Work a Mental Contortion rotation if you have 3 Enchanters for 100% uptime. Assign one Enchanter (usually the newest one) to cast Demolished Consciousness (this is a level 97 spell) on the big bad boss in order to proc Somnolence. The spell itself doesn't matter, just the Somnolence proc.

Assign someone to cast spell Tash on bosses, or if your guild is very slow at killing adds. For most guilds, Bite of Tashani (AE AA Tash) will work on adds.

Only Tash is 100% necessary, but it's good practice to know how to execute on all of these debuffs. This is especially relevant for guilds who struggle with content, or during the initial expansion race when everyone is wearing last expansion's gear.

Buffs - Clarity + Haste on everyone. Might as well have one person hit Glyph Spray before an event. The rest is situational and varies by guild/event. Pick the most ambitious Enchanter to spell/dot shield the raid.

Hit Reactive Rune if your group is getting pummeled by AEs or DoTs. If things get really bad, keep up a spell/dot rune on the group, because only Necros can DPS when they are dead. Be aware that your entire group will lose DPS if you have to do this.

Also note that there is no current content raid encounter that requires you to maintain a spell/dot shield on your group if your group has a body temperature of 98 degrees. If you're consistently having to do this to survive, have a talk with you group about not dying so much.

Give your best Beastlord Horrifying Visage. Do not tell them you did this.

Rebuffs - I'm... not really a stickler about this. The responsible way to do this is to have one Enchanter assigned to haste recasts, and one Enchanter assigned to clarity recasts. Refresh Clarity on your group or clerics if they die, it's not much but w/e. Make a judgement call on re-hasting melees. They're 100% after a death, you putting haste on them will make them 95% . Weigh time to completion vs time lost casting haste.

Crowd Control - Know how a stun rotation works (not going into detail here, it's not hard to figure out). Practice crowd control in nasty situations. I like sending applicants into tough zones and tell them to work from point a to point b without invis. Howling Stones is great for this. Don't ever punt something unless you are 100% certain you know what you're doing.

Use your head, CC is the easiest thing we do.

Gina Triggers - Gina is really helpful for Enchanters. I think a lot of classes can get away with not using it, and in a lot of cases Enchanters can, too, but I use it on every raid.

I have a mostly updated GINA pack publicly available here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/file3.guildlaunch.net/518180/enchanter_trigs_4-3-2017.gtp

It's 34 Enchanter-specific triggers. This is not a "plug and play" package. It requires some setup because it makes heavy use of timers. This is the (old) example image I use to show where everything goes:

[IMG]

It's very rare that you'd ever have all of those running at once, but that's where everything goes. CC related breaks top-center. ADPS timers right-center. Debuff timers lower-right-center. DoT fades left-center. GoM/Haze Center. NET timer upper-right-center. Stun timers (for stun rotation coordination) bottom-center.

You can set yours up however you'd like, that's just how I do mine and what I feel is relevant to track during a raid.
    RPoo, IblisTheMage, Drogba and 7 others like this.
  7. Kiliani New Member

Really appreciate the help all Thank you!!
  8. Verily Tjark Augur

There's some good advice here, but after the latest nerf, mana conservation needs to be a priority, depending on the raid of course.

All your enchanters should have audio triggers for Gift of Mana procs. I know it is probably mentioned in the GINA trigger pack ole dude shared, but you can have a lot more fun downloading Street Fighter wav files and making in game audio triggers.

I like to time my Dicho casts after a GoM proc. It turns it into a free mana proc for the group. The good thing is the lower level GoM proc works on Dicho.

Strangulate and Mind Tempest are great to cast after a GoM proc. It saves a ton of mana, and if you are actively nuking and what not, you will get plenty of procs.

Make sure they are clicking their BPs too... and for pete's sake, hit your TB before you engage lol!
  9. drizerker Lorekeeper

10. Cailen Augur

rarely used but can be useful in certain situations, always twincast or augmenting and mr when in a dps group