Raid zones instanced?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oshnappleton, May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oshnappleton Journeyman

anyone know if raid zones will be instanced? Being a filthy casual, this might actually make me want to play, given that I too might be able to get some loot one day, instead of just twisted legion.
    Elkay, Trosh, Tamier and 1 other person like this.
  2. Diemond Augur

If you find out let us know since they haven't said what zones they are adding yet.
  3. Glistarian Augur

If they aren't initially, people will just whine until they are.
    Gknight, Trosh, RetronX and 2 others like this.
  4. PikleInajar New Member

So we go ahead and start Whining now!? Good idea!? haha
  5. Diemond Augur

Funny thing, the ones that are whining that they are instancing at all will all be in those nice new instanced zones leveling up.
    Darkening and Tamier like this.
  6. Glistarian Augur

We won't have a choice since the whiners got everything instanced.
    RetronX likes this.
  7. Diemond Augur

Sure you do, just go to another zone with the same level mobs or always choose the highest populated instance to ensure less mobs for you to kill.
    Tamier likes this.
  8. Glistarian Augur

I'm just hoping I can play a panda when the server is back up.
  9. Ratlanta New Member

Can anyone fill me in on the arguments against instancing raids? I thought it was just a technical reason why they aren't doing it.
  10. LittleBrumski Augur

If they can come up with a good way to prevent people from mass farming multiple instances, I think it will happen. It is in DBG's best interest to do things that will keep people around. If the server progresses into a RMT farm for a select few, the server pop will crash by the end of the year.
  11. Jaxarale01 Augur

Damn right we did... took 4 months and a few thousand people but the few that started this battle (check the sig baby!) Months ago could not be more pleased!

If it takes "whining" to get the right decisions to be made so the majority of people can enjoy this game... then count me as a "whiner"

Now its time to turn up the raid instancing crusade!!!
    Genoane, Gythlen, Numiko and 3 others like this.
  12. Hateseeker Augur

Now, as much as I hate to say this, that's not a fair argument. The agenda for many anti-instancers is (not all of these apply to every anti-instancer) to keep the leveling slow due to mob underavailability, loot item value up due to underavailability, or to simply be able to remain the best geared for as long as possible (because every mob you take yourself is one less mob anyone else can take). I'm sure that there are some anti-instancers that actually enjoy the "contention", such as it is, and yet don't actually embrace the other things, but I'd guess they are somewhat rare. Them choosing the highest populated instance won't do anything to cause the rest of the playerbase to experience the overcrowding. Much like stripping your gear off and running to your corpse won't cause everyone else to have to do the same.

Daybreak's official line is that it changes the "contested" atmosphere of early EQ (i.e. they want it to be underavailable, despite the toxicity it creates).
  13. Glistarian Augur

OK, you're a whiner.
  14. oshnappleton Journeyman

It seems like they're going to have a hell of a time instancing solb. They can't use the current functionality, otherwise tl could just pick zone and kill naggy 8 times. I doubt we'll see something wildly different since that costs time and money, which leads me to believe that solb and other "raid" zones will not be instanced. I do think that guk will be instanced though, however, I really hope DB dazzles me and releases some way to instance raids and keep things fair. Here's hoping; go casual gamers with jobs and families!
  15. Ratlanta New Member

I didn't realize that "contested" atmosphere of poop socking was something they actually sought to recreate. I have to give them credit for standing behind a design decision that will anger the vast majority of players and benefit no one.
  16. Hateseeker Augur

Not so fast...you have to also understand that EQ's expansions in 2003 and beyond became nearly 100% instanced (nearly 100% raid instanced, and increasingly group instanced). Thus, they changed their design decision 12 years ago; it's coming up now because back in 2003, they didn't retroactively instance Classic through Planes of Power (except for PoTime I think).
  17. Vaclav Augur

Posting out reasonable explanations of hazards, pitfalls and how to address them is "whining". Answering well reasoned arguments and logic with "feels" and hyperbole on the other hand is legitimate posting behavior.

I'm guessing you weren't on the debate team were you?
  18. Diemond Augur

I know i wasn't, I was out getting laid instead.
  19. Gortar Augur

To me, the fighting for mobs and content was part of the original experience. I thought that was part of why we wanted the TLP? Mob races could be quite fun (as long as ppl stayed calm and didn't rage).
  20. Kopuz Journeyman

Please please instance raid zones!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.