Raid Warrior gear upgrade

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Windance, Apr 20, 2022.

1. p2aa Augur

Everyone, whatever his heroic choice, is doing more dmg than before, so this is not changing much the results. HDex tanks won more HDex, HSta warriors won also more HDex, etc.

Well, here you go, I decided to go back read the thread, and as I expected it, you linked a sentence, without linking the context behind it. I was discussing the choice between HAgi and HSta for a raid tank, this has nothing to do with "Shield AC has no use". So yes, I was not discussing of Shield AC.

Here is an extract of what I said :

Are you resorting to basic trolling attempt now ?
  2. Gorgasm Journeyman

Are you suggesting that gaining +500ac on your character sheet from a shield is different than gaining +500ac on your character sheet from hagi (or from non shield gear)?

Because character sheet AC is after diminishing returns, so shield ac ignoring the soft cap, and other forms of ac not, has already been accounted for. Your character sheet AC is what it is, it doesn't matter where it came from at that point.

Certainly it will take more non shield AC to gain +500ac on your character sheet, but that's not material to your statement.
  3. The real Sandaormo Augur

Anniversary raid - Dual Wield. In a tank group War Cler Cler Pal Pal so don't really get to show dps though ended up around 500k dps with no adps in group.

Close the Gate on a long fight where I am off tanking the first half and on the named holding him till we are ready to kill him, move him and have multiple other adds and stuff going on around me. I went Shield.

Can say I'm wrong all day but we win raids so /shrug
  4. Tucoh Augur

Agreed with all of this.