Raid tank augs? best choices

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by juddor, Feb 4, 2014.

1. juddor Elder

Since raid mobs now do 100% strikethrough, what is the optimal augment setup/focus?

please correct me, as i have not done much research, and want this to be a discussion.

Skills ....... Heroic associated
    Dodge .. Hagi
    Riposte ... Hdex
    Parry .. Hdex
    Defense... ? not sure if anything affects or Hagi?

The new raids T3+ RoF and onward contain creatures with 100% strike through... as confirmed in another thread, and the devs don't know how to fix this or don't plan to fix this.

I believe these updated raid mobs still can be Riposted and Parried.... Please confirm

However our dodge skill is of no use... Please confirm

With that in mind.. What is the optimal setup now for raids?.. as we are seeing 100k+ hitters this something i want to understand better.

Assuming higher AC augs (38+ ac) as given... what is focus now?

Drop all Hagi augs, and go all Hdex?
    Drop all Hagi augs, and go mix Hdex, Hsta?
    Mix Hagi, Hdex?
    All Hsta?

With the shift to heavy hitters, and highish probability of being 1 rounded, im wondering if adding 120ish Hsta would out way the benefits of the hagi/dex (assuming no AC loss).
  2. Ranpha Augur

Below is last night's tanking vs. Commander Galenth:

Tanking summary for: Ranpha
    Total damage: 4887408
    Avg hit: 22215
    Swings: 341
    Defended: 42 (12.3%)
    Hit: 220 (64.5%)
    Missed: 79 (23.2%)
    Accuracy: 73.6%
    Dodged: 0 (0%)
    Parried: 27 (7.9%)
    Blocked: 0 (0%)
    Riposted: 15 (4.8%)
    Absorbed: 0 (0%)

Seems that Dodge and Block are totally broken (so much for the Shield's additional advantage of Block). I guess Heroic Dex is gonna be even more prioritized from now on.
  3. Tearsin Rain Augur

same focus as it was before, because it's not physically possible to institute a large hdex/hagi shift within EQ, so it doesn't matter.
    an hdex break point has always been more beneficial and more powerful than an hagi break point, regardless of strikethrough, so just do what you should have always been doing: use augs to to hit your next break point, then go from there.

additionally, the inherent suggestion here is that you go out of your way to change up your gear customization for a single scenario, where that change can't make an appreciable difference - but, it will be a reduction in optimization for all other scenarios.
    that strikes me as an inefficient way of setting up your toon.

that sounds like a rather monumentally poor choice, given that 120ish hsta would be somewhere around 1500 hp - that's like saying "i can tank this raid mob with Brell's, but without it i'm toast".