Raid lockout timers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ofearl, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I took a large break around the time OoW and crap ended/started ish.. when ever lvl 75 was new... So here is my question, why 4.5 days on most raid lockouts and not just 5?

I think 5 days would be cool.
  2. Lianeb Augur

4.5 allows you to raid it again on the 5th day, at generally the same time.
    A 5 day lockout would shift the time slightly every win and would end up being a 6 day raid lockout for most
    Slippry and Gundolin like this.
  3. Maedhros High King

I think it was originally so the Antonious Bayle guilds could be competitive.
  4. Allayna Augur

So why not 4 or 5, what’s with the half day is I think what he was asking...
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

First post already answered it... if you choose a lockout time divisible by 24 hours (like say 5 days) that would interfere with starting the same raid at the same time 5 days later. There's actually a few older raids that have lockouts evenly divisible by 24 hours, and it's quite annoying for raid scheduling. Ikkinz raid #4 for example has exactly a 7.0 day lockout for some reason. This means if you start Ikkinz #4 on Monday at 7 p.m. your lockout will begin from the time you win the raid - maybe around 7:45 p.m. Then when the following week comes, you can't start the raid until 7:45 p.m. This week you run it again, and again it takes you 45 minutes to win the raid, and the next week you can't start it until 8:30 p.m.

You end up in the cycle of chasing down your lockout, until you just say screw it up and push it back another day. Then your 7 day lockout becomes an 8 day lockout. Choosing lockouts that are not divisible by 24 hours (or very close to it) prevents this problem.
    Slippry likes this.
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

This I understand, now my early pre-coffee mind wonders how many wins till you are @ day 6....

I can get behind this answer and maybe that is the official EQ answer..

Yes, was getting ready to go to bed when I made this and the thoughts didn't flow from brain to fingers fully.

Chasing lockouts wouldn't be fun, and next raid cycle I'll pay attention to lock outs, but typical tasks/missions the timer starts at request. This isn't the case on raids I assume as a win causes the lockout.

*side note* I looked thru in game Calendar and EQResource, didn't see anything about half lockouts HA's etc coming up. Anyone remember when that happens before I start the google challenge?
  7. svann Augur

4.5 days divides evenly into a metric month.