Raid - Ikkinz: Trial of Transcendence

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nuttann, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Nuttann Elder

I know that no one cares much about the ancient raids, but this is the one past raid that we only did once years ago and I didn't get to loot one of the bone piles before they were gone. Since I did all the other stuff and have all the other pieces, I just wanted to finish it off rather than delete my other artifacts.

Perhaps I am missing something, but from what I read, I should have the right stuff. As I said, my old guild only did this once and it was many years ago, so I am not sure exactly how it went and it is one of the raids with very little info on it. The major steps listed were all done. This seems like either I am missing something or something about my situation that exposes a bug.

I have run into an issue with this raid twice the past week hoping that the first run was just messed up. I get to the final door and it won't open. I have looted the Rock Essences and done the combine and it states that "You do not carry the proper components to open this door" when I try. I could expect that something else needs to be done at same time, but then I would have expected something different than not carrying the proper components.

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

I see a really old post with a similar claim - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3463 . I saw no reply to that. The last time I had an issue where most others did not, but mine was repeatable, it was a Z-axis thing for 1st mission in City of Bronze. In that one as a Halfling, it didn't trigger upon entering unless I did an illusion that was taller. It doesn't seem likely in this case since I get a message stating that I don't have the proper components. But, I didn't try before quitting the exp. I would have believed that some patch messed it up, but the post above was from 2006 and it looks like people were successful after. So it makes me wonder if there is some unposted step.

This last time I waited until I got to the door and tried it both before and after combines. Here are some lines from today's attempt.

[Sun Jun 29 17:02:48 2014] --You have looted a Rock Essence.--
    [Sun Jun 29 17:05:49 2014] --You have looted a Rock Essence.--
    [Sun Jun 29 17:09:22 2014] --You have looted a Rock Essence.--
    [Sun Jun 29 17:11:08 2014] --You have looted a Rock Essence.--
    [Sun Jun 29 17:11:38 2014] --You have looted a Rock Essence.--
    [Sun Jun 29 17:21:15 2014] You do not carry the proper component to open this door.
    [Sun Jun 29 17:22:52 2014] You do not carry the proper component to open this door.
    [Sun Jun 29 17:22:55 2014] You do not carry the proper component to open this door.
    [Sun Jun 29 17:22:57 2014] You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Solid Glyphed Essence.
    [Sun Jun 29 17:22:59 2014] Solid Glyphed Essence cannot be dropped, traded, or sold because it is No Trade.
    [Sun Jun 29 17:23:02 2014] Solid Glyphed Essence cannot be dropped, traded, or sold because it is No Trade.
    [Sun Jun 29 17:23:08 2014] You do not carry the proper component to open this door.
    [Sun Jun 29 17:23:09 2014] You do not carry the proper component to open this door.
    [Sun Jun 29 17:27:47 2014] You can't reach that, get closer.
    [Sun Jun 29 17:27:50 2014] You can't reach that, get closer.
    [Sun Jun 29 17:27:52 2014] You do not carry the proper component to open this door.
    [Sun Jun 29 17:27:52 2014] You do not carry the proper component to open this door.
    [Sun Jun 29 17:35:18 2014] Item Lore: He who transcends can rain down fire upon non-believers.

I tried it with item in hand, in each of the top inventory slots, and in a bag. I even tried right click. I did try an drop it inventory slots, but as expected it won't equip in any of the slots.

I have popped through the door or gotten a mage pet through the door. The mage pet will basically fight without an issue and between its damage and DS was able to spawn the golems. However, if a player gets through the door, they get ported back to zone in.

Note: This one requires a raid format with 6 groups. Yes, one player in each group is enough to request the raid. Failing at the point I did puts a lockout of about a day on it, so I can't repeat over and over the same day trying different things. I'd like to reduce the number of times I get people to join just so I can request this.

----
    Of course I have an Ancient: Starfire of Ro scroll in the bank that is listed as Druid(60) with no race restriction, but it claims that I am not of the proper race to use this item when I try to scribe it as a Halfling Druid. So I wouldn't be surprised if something is bugged in this raid too. Or maybe it is just my char. :)
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

Hold the finished product on cursor and hit U to open the door.
    is what I think is normal.

sorry dont know, i would think it should work like the door were you lev'ed? were all the mobs dead in the zone? was the entire raid(6min) at the door?

does the person who combined fo the door do they have to be up to the level of the quest to request raid #3? some hidden flag check?

Did the combiner win Raid#1 and Raid #2?
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/qgen/KodTazBrokenTrialGrounds.html
  3. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I ran through this raid yesterday and had the same issue. I was able to aggro and train most of the zone through the locked door, but couldn't get through to loot the flag piece at the end. If you illusion through the door, you get ported to the zonein after a few seconds.
  4. Nuttann Elder

Thanks for the ideas. I was lev'ed. I did not have 6 in zone so may try that assuming I can get people to run there. It is possible that having 6 is required in zone, maybe even multiple classes or types so that the mechanics have to be followed. Maybe that is why this seemed to require 6 groups and not ust a raid format with one group of 6. When pet/DS killed and spawned the golems it did the emotes for druid and even the mage I had in zone that time. It didn't emote for any other classes.

I was the one to request raid (flagged up to there, have wins and pieces up to there and have all parts past it to finish off GoD progression) and I was the one that looted and did the combine. Basically, I have done everything in Gates including this raid except looting the Artifact of Transcendence.

P.S. I would just skip this but OCD is something that cannot be ignored ).
  5. Lighteningrod Augur

I can confirm you don't need six, nor do you need all archetypes present to complete the instance. If you get an emote for a non-present class or archetype, you'll have to wait for the message to cycle or kill the golem until you get a message which matches the Characters present.

To open the door, change your camera view into first person (not scrolled out), get as close to the door as possible without getting warped back to the zone in and press "U" by default, or whatever hotkey you have mapped in Options -> Keys -> Use Item.
  6. Nuttann Elder

Hmm, that's distressing. I was standing with my nose to the door and tried both clicking it and the U key and both gave me the message that "You do not carry the proper components to open this door" when I tried. Had it not given me any message, I could expect I was standing in the wrong spot. However, it seems clear that it knew that I was trying to open the door. I had tried from different distances as indicated above when I backed up and got the "You can't reach that, get closer" when I tried. I almost exclusively use first person and in that instance was only using that. So I am still not sure what was different.

But, thanks for the clarification that you don't need six. Now I won't try and get others to come to zone since they are not needed. It also seemed to know which classes that I had in zone because when I had Druid and Mage, it only gave me those options after Mage pet killed the final one to spawn the golems. It kept switching between the two.
  7. Lighteningrod Augur

Just to clarify, you do need six (5 + 1 in raid format) to get the DZ; however, they do not have to be present in the zone. It's much easier to get the extra bodies to pop the DZ if people know it won't interfere with their AFK buffing in the lobby.
    There is an event somewhere amongst those trials, Ikky 4 if I recall correctly, where the Golems are able to select a non-present archetype and do not cycle. It is possible to get stuck in that case. Options are to get help from a real person, shroud one of your toons to the appropriate class, or drop the DZ and wait out the Lockout for another attempt. Last time I shuffled toons through Ikky 4 progression, I kept getting stuck on the "melee" message. I would send a toon to PoK for the goblin shroud, campfire back, and proceed to play whack-a-mole trying to get the junk shroud to have the final blow.

Regarding the keying issue, you can compare the steps your following to the walkthrough on this site. The information here is multitudes better than 'Zam in this case. God forbid the person ever takes it down. Perhaps, you missed a mob somewhere? I dunno, your step-by-step explanation sounds right to my recollection.