raid gear + trash mobs. Capitalizing on HA system

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Goth, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Goth Augur

i know you are just bating me with this.

i dont care if you call it raid gear, group gear, ledgedary gear. I have been done with CoTF for over a month now. i have no reason to do HAs i have no reason to be gold.

I have nothing to spend marks on so why play? ill just be FTP and do old content for fun.

lets just say your entire guild had no loot left to get from raiding. would you still raid?

Everyone in my group has all they need nothing to chase after for the remainder of the expansion.

dont you think it would be logical for chase items to be on the vendor? Chase items that are worth going after? im not talking going after T1 RoF raid items which for many classes are not all that much different than group gear and surly not worth grinding 30,000 points for as someone clowning around mentioned.

lets face it you already have T4 RoF items dropping on trash mobs and are tradable for some reason. so you already know how the devs feel about raid loot for group players.
  2. Bleed New Member

The RvR should stay, and I agree with that T2 bit. Still, just because raiding is more challenging on a people management as well as content level, well its doesn't mean if you raid that your poop doesn't stink.

Ammeren's post seems to reflect kinda a pee-poor attitude though that accomplishes nothing other than to reiterate what most people already understand about some members of the elite raid community. It really doesn't do anyone any kind of service and sometimes puts all of the raiding community in a bad light. Most people who raid don't care past their own enjoyment and feel no need to dictate to others as far as how to enjoy their time in game.
  3. Thancra Loladin

Everquest has some group content and raid content, if you choose to only do one part of the game, it seems logical to only get one part of the items available in the game. If you're running out of things to do, they added tons of achievments, you can do them (Missions conquests, Hero's journey etc ...). I fail to see why chase items should only be "raid gear", you could ask for rare clickies, rare ornaments, whatever. This has the good side to not trivialize the next tiers (and next expansions) when they release.
  4. Ammeren Augur

Honestly it really doesn't matter, I mean SoE took the achievement feeling away when they started giving AA's away, now raid gear. I'll out DPS any Mage, raid gear, no raid gear..I don't care..

I just think that you casuals feel entitled to this gear that you don't work for, think that doing missions you can solo/molo/box through should get you raid gear at the level a lot of current raiders are still wearing.

This is the casuals on this thread, " I want raid gear, but I don't want to raid. I want to be able to spam the same mission over and over again till I get all my gear ".

This is the raiders on this thread, " Don't you suppose you should work for that raid gear like everyone else?"

Lets be honest here, who does it seem is crying here? Like I said, either way I'll win on what really counts to me, I just don't think that giving anything away ever helped or solved anything =/. Being made to earn your way always provides better later in life, that applies to rl and EQ and if you don't think so, you're a slacker.

Period.
  5. Harabakc Augur

So make HAs a 3 day lock out, and make the currency on the same par as raiders. Congrats, you have parity.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Here's what you're missing. On raids one doesn't ask for EVERY single thing that drops because it's a statistical upgrade. Many wait a tier or two because spending points on 3ac 60hp is a poor notion. I'm wearing plenty of t3-4 rof gear and raid 100%.

If we had more content this would matter less...but we don't. This stuff is the 2nd best slot in the entire game and will be for at least a few more months. *thats* what many raiders object to.

Fundamentally overall, a mob that reqs 40-50 to kill is always harder than something anyone can molo at level 85. You can cite exceptions on both sides of the fence all day but it doesn't change this fact. Solo/group farming content requires little/no: organization, scheduling, coordination, class balance, leadership, etc etc. raiding requires these to have any success.
  7. Bleed New Member

What I see is a bunch of people who feel they have the right to tell others how to spend their time in game. If the devs put in something you don't like, but doesn't effect your ability to carry out what you do in game, than what is the big deal really? You could mind your own business and have fun or you can be bitter about stuff you don't have any control over.
    Orphenn likes this.
  8. Harabakc Augur

Welcome to Everquest. This has been a content TINY expansion. Go join a raid group, or start one. Tunare has a vibrant open raiding system with 2 different groups doing it.
  9. Goth Augur

and how many time do i have to remind you. people will not be getting these items in mass. ok most people at best might get 5 of these items. more than that im sure they would cut their wrist as the grind is impossible.

so ranking wise, which im sure this is a big topic for most of you that sit there and stare at magelo seeing were they rank, you will not be in any jeopardy of loosing any spot to some grouping machine that grinds HA until their eyes are bleeding.

just because items are available does not mean people will automatically have a full set of T4 raid gear. as some of you seem to think will happen.
  10. Bleed New Member

Would rather gets augs, clicks and so on that could last forever than things that will have a limited shelf life regardless of the current controversy. One year from now, this gear will not be anything special and the debate will move onto the next crisis.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

What exactly does a casual or hardcore grouper have to complain about in regards to these? (Some are already finding reasons...but I digress). They're getting a huge boon for a lot less effort if willing to put in the time.

If the devs said you couldn't access an end zone again without raids, you wouldn't see many raiders complaining either.
  12. Sinestra Augur

That's not really the way the raiders are coming across. It doesn't help to lie about the situation.

I'm fine with no raid items dropping, I'm fine with T4 or T3 or T3 dropping as well. It doesn't concern me really as I am likely to never see any of it at this point. I like chase items, but I loathe grinding almost as much as I loathe the joke that is raiding. I'd prefer to not do it, and I'm fine with not having raid gear.
    Bleed likes this.
  13. Tarrin Augur

I only brought up Magelos for one reason, to show that some of the best geared people still have plenty of T4 RoF Raid gear.

I am not implying that anyone will be in full RoF T4 dropped gear. That isn't the point.

The point is that anyone can get gear that top end raiders are still wearing, by not raiding.

Rankings have nothing to do with it, other than showing that people high in the rankings are still using the same exact gear that many want to hand out merely for boxing a bunch of HAs.
  14. Ammeren Augur

Blood, you think I'm an elitist? Well thanks I guess? I think people should earn what they get. I know what the devs are doing and it's something to appease the community at large. If they had more content to release and better content you can be damn sure that they wouldn't be adding raid gear to casual's loot table.

I think it's funny you rag on me for stating how I feel, yet you come here to tell me that. Don't be a hypocrite.
  15. Bleed New Member

Not much fact to really back that up. It is still more efficient to raid if gear is that big of a concern. There is still currency being earned and so on. Eventually you will be able to just buy something off a vendor even if you have limited dkp. There is still the RNG to deal with these zone drops. The average odds are what...1 in 5000? Someone might get a drop after killing two mobs and someone might kill 1 million mobs and never see a single item. Huge boon? No. I think not. Especially if they become No Trade and the items go to rot. A Year out, they become obsolete for anyone in the current game but still decent for people languishing behind compared to where the rest of the pack is.
  16. Goth Augur

what RVR is being taken away from raiders? seriously 36 guilds are farming CoTF alraedy. bringing in 150+ items a month plus everyone in the raid are getting 320 raid points a month which could be as much as 2 vendor items a month.

what RVR is being taken away from people that are getting gear that you raiders are dying to upgrade to better stuff in CoTF?

its not like they will be getting the best CoTF raid gear from doing this. and for the 100th time they will not be getting this gear fast.

and lastly you act as if these items are excluding raid players. they too can take advantage of these items if they see fit. if you need a couple items here and there that are older than T4 then you can get them without having to use your precious DKP.
  17. Tual Augur

Orphenn

Went right over your head.
  18. Bleed New Member

LOL, all I have is an opinion just like you. I can't actually influence any outcome. The Devs will do what is in the best interest of the game as a business IE. what their bosses tell them to do. If telling you to mind your own business is in fact an example of me being a busy body, well OK..I'll play your game. Call me a hypocrite. Its not like there have never been any of those on the Internet.
  19. Harabakc Augur

And there are groups still progressing through RoF. Our open raid group is about to start doing T3.
  20. Goth Augur

yes i can do old achievments but like i said i do them for free. i dont need gold to do old content. what good does that do Sony EQ as it is a loss of revenue?

rare clickies - i have enough of those
    rare ornaments - i dont care what i look like. unless it looks better than my epic i could care less i can buy that junk if i wanted to on the market place
    whatever - what else is there? Gear - i have all i can get so i need something worth chasing. Augs - again i can farm those FTP and really they only benifit me if im gold doing content that requires gold account.