Raid Exp Loss

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Caeelar, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Mayfaire Augur

Well, I loves me some Worf (and TNG), so no doubt that's where I first heard it.
  2. Mayfaire Augur

I glypth. I use Glyph of Genari Might.
  3. Brudal Augur

As a tank I figured your druids or shaman would keep growth on you. 15k > 2.5K
  4. savrin Augur

I feel that I lose plenty of xp on raids. Tanks are going to lose xp just because it's their job to take lots of damage. When the tank goes down, lots of others can die too. A melee dps will die if they are doing their job and healers die often also from healing agro. Casters can easily get summoned and one rounded. The only ones that are safer than most are fd classes that can lose agro entirely once they notice a tank goes down. I do think the xp loss is very reasonable and well spread out among all raiders.

I am able to easily get my xp back from using gribbles and LoTD.
  5. Foxxbott Lorekeeper

If they did that, the poor rangers would never get invited to raids!! :oops:
    Esero and Elricvonclief like this.
  6. segap Augur

Seriously? Someone just bored and making a new thread? Takes me 40 minutes a month to recover all my raid exp losses. And most of that goes towards AA for glyphs. Exp loss is a joke these days and the rate that you can earn it back is even more so.
  7. Khat_Nip Meow

I do a fair amount of tanking in raids and honestly any time I die I'm never conscious of how much xp I've lost. It's immaterial to me, especially since I know it'll be gained back in relatively short order.
    My only concern is getting back into the fight after a death.

At the end of the night I may glance at what my current xp is relative to what I started with really just out of curiosity. Regardless of how minor or great the difference might be I'll get it back and then some simply by playing as I normally would.

Certainly you're more likely to die on events that you're learning as opposed to those you have on farm but in that respect I'd say the biggest thing is getting a reasonable buffer so you don't de-level.

I can appreciate where you're (OP) coming from and it would lessen the burden on your xp bar but if one little jackelope in the raid simply dies repeatedly it's not exactly fair for the other 53 to suffer the consequences when they themselves had been making a concerted effort to not end up horizontal. (Not to mention it wouldn't even make much sense in the lore aspect).
  8. Mayfaire Augur

That may be true before the fight begins, but I don't expect them to do it in the middle if I have died. I am happy if I can get skin. lol Plus, I don't care if it gets overwritten, as I have been max aa for years, I will just get it back in a few minutes the next day. I have guildmates who use Glyph of Indeterminate Reward just do have something to do, lol. :D <New campaign now please please please>

I also use Glyph of the Cataclysm on those very rare occasions I get to just dps.
  9. Repthor Augur

Guess it depends what kind of guilds your in. I struggle to die enough for the exp loss to make any diffrence what so ever. I take 90% rezzes all the time 0% rezzes from time to time. Takes me less then 10 minutes to refill any lost raid exp for a full week. This week on raid i died 1 time. Like i said it depnds on guilds i guess and when your learning events and even then it dosent matter much if you have high play time and good preparation then the loss of exp dont matter

for progression bank up mission exp rewards to fill you up as u raiding if your haveing a hard time with raid learning and like others have said do a HA after raids with lesson if u got it. Plan around your deaths if you expect to die alot when your learning events make sure you plan on exp sessions after raids or b4 raids.

Last part : you rolled a Tank you will die more then most ppl on the raid even when its not your fault(its frustrating when this happenes but not cuz the exp loss) , tough it up and accept it
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  10. Silv Augur

I'd be more concerned with trying to get changes done to reduce melee downtime post-rez due to rez effects etc. than worrying about XP for the bazillion reasons already posted here. IMO, OP had an interesting idea but it's completely unnecessary. I'm also betting that the new content release this Fall/Winter will not be a level cap increase making the idea even less of a (non)issue.

And after learning events the death curve decreases dramatically. If you're still dying as much on a farm event as when you learned it then I think there are bigger issues at play.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  11. Ravengloome Augur

Knights get alot of use out of Cataclysm and Lost Secrets. I think I would glyph atleast once an event, depending on the event dictated which of those two I used. I mean theres really no reason not too.
    Silv likes this.
  12. Caeelar Journeyman

Browsed through a few responses... I think I'm being misunderstood. The xp loss would be shared for any death. If a wizard dies, the entire raid gets an equal share of that xp loss the same as if a warrior dies. It's not about how easy it is to get xp back, it's more about being fair.. xp earned is shared, why wouldn't xp losses be shared as well? Yes, XP can be easily gained back... if you have time. Some folks have just enough time to raid, then they have to get to bed and get up for work in the morning.

Not sure why all the hostility, this idea isn't overpowering anyone.. it's just spreading the burden of new content around the entire raid.
  13. Caeelar Journeyman

Oh yeah, and for the record.. I don't actually play a warrior. I play a paladin. I die plenty, but it pales in comparison to what warriors sometimes have to deal with. I feel bad for those guys... sometimes on a new script, they drop 5% xp in a night trying to get a win on a new script cause they get back in asap.
  14. Repthor Augur

beeing raid readdy is a part of raiding if you have time to raid you accept that beeing raid rdy in apart of that. if not then you shouldent be raiding cuz you just dont have the time

5% is nothing i think my record in 1 night with 96% rezzes have been 20%. and even then that was less then 30 minutes worth of exp after raids for me with lesson and full group of guildies

beeing a warrior you know this will happen when new stuff comes out its "normal"
  15. Elricvonclief Augur

I've seen losses of 5, 10 and even 15% a night when learning/racing new content. It's to be expected. (and OH the catcalls if you delevel during raids :p)

90% rezzes midfight are to be expected (and you'll be yelled at if you click no).

While I understand the OP's idea, I don't agree with it.
    Iila and Silv like this.
  16. Iila Augur

17. Makavien Augur

I haven't cared about raid exp loss since oh velious ? If I ain't dieing I ain't trying. Us warriors kinda do some crazy things when we need to
  18. Lianeb Augur

Well I can tell you the running joke in my guild is how much XP can the MT lose in a raid week, with taking 96% rezzes every time. I think i hold the guild record at 24% in 4 days of raiding. Granted most weeks i average about 10% but there are still a lot of deaths as a tank. Frankly that is a minor loss compared to DPS classes that are burning 5AA Glyhps like candy.

I find the XP loss gives me something to do on non raid days, I just find a group of DPS that also needs to refill up on AAs for glyphs and we go at it till all are re-maxxed out.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Growth has a base duration of 2.5 minutes that can be extended via AA and the hp it grants decays overtime which means that they will be rebuffing you with it as the event goes on, so the only reason not to have it after a death if the spell is not ready to cast again.
  20. Mayfaire Augur

What I meant was, I don't expect them to take up a spell gem for that buff once the even has begun. Again, even if they do and mine gets overwritten, I don't care. It gives me a little something to do. lol :eek: