Raid Exp Loss

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Caeelar, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Caeelar Journeyman

I was wondering if it would be possible to spread xp loss from individual deaths in the raid across th entire raid. Warriors take a huge beating when learning new content (and knights to a lesser extent) and it would be nice to spread the loss across the entire raid so they take less of a loss each night progression is worked. Basically, if one person on the raid dies... the amount of xp that person would normally lose would be spread across everyone in the raid. I know this would be a coding nightmare, but sure would help all tank classes alot.
  2. Narye Augur

If you look at it another way - changing exp lost across the WHOLE raid would make people pay attention, and freaking heal better!.. oh and ASSIST!

*edit* excuse the ire, my boss decided to yell at everyone and I got the short straw :(
  3. Apoc Augur

pop lessons and run a few dh missions
  4. Brudal Augur

New marketplace idea: Locked Xp potion

Similar to the locked faction potion, the locked xp potion should last 4 hours, persist through death and prevent any loss or gain of xp.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  5. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Check the guard that issues the 4x random daily heroics in Ethernere Karana. Pick an easy one from that list of four. It'll probably take you half an hour to do the mission and completion will be worth about 10%. Pop Lesson of the Devoted before the final hail/click, and get about 20% regular XP instead for a half hour of work. That's a LOT of death penalty recovered.
  6. Triconix Augur

While this idea is benevolent and sincere, I think most warriors accepted the fate of massive exp loss during new content. After many years of raiding, I worry more about my character's diminished brain functionality than I do his exp ;)

The idea doesn't hurt anybody - except those who will grumble about their exp loss from war deaths - but I don't think it'll make it very high on the DB priority list.
    Elricvonclief and Mayfaire like this.
  7. Mayfaire Augur

I go into every raid saying "Today is a good day to die". lol Honestly, I don't care how much exp I lose, as it is incredibly easy to gain that back in today's game.
  8. Andronicus Elder

It's kind of funny, someone worrying about exp loss from raiding.

You should have seen the OLD days...when there were no instanced raids just regular zones, and getting ANY exp was a total pain, and AA's well that seemed to take weeks for just a few AA's. Ah the good old days. o_O
  9. Leex Pewpewer

How would this help tank classes "alot"? I think the fact you guys generally die more then any other class in raid gives you something to do when you aren't raiding. I know sometimes I'll skip a rez just so I have some exp grind to work at later on.

My point of view regarding this is, if a tank dies...Why should I lose exp? Does the Tank lose exp when I die? No? How is that fair?

Sounds like you just had a bad night or a few bad nights. Time for some better Clerics!
    Elricvonclief and Eriadoc like this.
  10. Qbert Gallifreyan

This idea doesn't make sense. Warriors already get an experience earned bonus just for being warriors; the game designers knew warriors would die more often than others, and accounted for it up front.
  11. Brogett Augur

I must be a tank then given how often I die in raids. :)
    Leex likes this.
  12. Axxius Augur

Dying a lot is a part of any tank's job description. When you choose to play a Warrior instead of a Monk, you already know that you will die a whole lot more, don't you?

Xp is so cheap right now. Not the best time to worry about a few deaths IMO.
    Esero, Elricvonclief and Leex like this.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Was that a Star Trek/Klingon reference?!

Also if doing this should be a sliding scale. Melee die more than most but not all casters!
  14. Syrup Augur

I say we go the other way with it... no more in-combat exp rez's whatsoever.
    Only out of combat exp rez's should be available.

If you want a rez in combat; 0% should be the only option.
  15. Grummy_NB Augur

how about this idea.

First tank death, nothing happens
    second tank death, 1 person gets a DT
    third death, 2 DT
    on and on, the key to win, don't die.
  16. Vlerg Augur

I did let some warrior-knights tag along after raid in order to leech some XP back ( wizard kiting in combine dredge) altho not many ask for it.

on another note, as a DPS i glyph on every fight during progression ( and sometime during farm mode... depend if I care enough about meters on that day) while tank dosen't ( atleast to my knowledge... pretty much because they don't have any good glyph to use).

does that even up things?
  17. Cicelee Augur

We should go back to the old way. Where only one group got the XP on a kill. Being a raid leader back in the day, and having the ability to create the perfect DPS group so that I (or whomever I chose) got all the XP = $$$.
    Silv likes this.
  18. Tour Augur

If you sign up for the class role that pretty much be definition is designed around having things beat on you, and if things are not beating on you, getting their attention so that they do, you shouldn't be surprised that your mortality rate is comparably higher than average.

Get better gear.
    Play your class better.
    Have your healers play their class better.
    Have dps play their role better.
    Have dps play their role better - yes I mention this twice because whatever the named can do you, the probability of you taking a killing series of RNG, gets far less if the mob dies faster, and you spend proportionately less time under weaker / no discs.
    Have the MA do their role better - same reason as above.
    Have everyone else get better gear so they die less too and do their job better.
    Have crowd control, support, off tanks and utility roles do their job better.
    Don't ignore event mechanics.
    Change your raid strategy. Have everyone know the plan cold.
    Improve communication.
    Change the dynamics for how your tank team / healers work together, as well as the raid as a whole.

All that will help you far far more then any other game exp altering mechanic. More time trying to figure out how to die less in the fist place, less time trying to come up with ideas to make the exp loss hurt less when you do. No reason you can't "one tank" modern content. Maybe not every night, every event, but more then perhaps you are at the moment.

And besides, do you really want to spread exp loss to everyone? How happy are you going to be to take an exp loss, even a very small one, cause someone missed an easy emote? Or got ramp that should not have? Or was in AoE range when they shouldn't have? Or was standing in the wrong spot? Or generally just didn't play well?

Work on everything in the list above. Maximize all that, if then you're still dying inexplicably far more than everyone else - somehow - then can bring up changing exp loss in game. Till then, plenty of work to do.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I don't raid, but I find it hard to believe this is an issue, unless you're getting 0XP rezzes. When you die, you lose about 10% of a level, and a 96% rez gets you 9.6% back, so you've lost .4% of a level. 10 deaths would be 4%, which can be recovered easily from one mission or quest.

And once a week (or every several days, I forget the timer), you can use the Vet AA that gets you 100% XP rezzes for all corpses. So no XP loss at all for those days.

Tat
  20. Brogett Augur

It already happens that way. Tank dies, 2-3 random dps insta-gib. Repeat ;-)