Raid currency vs rare items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Straahdx, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Straahdx Augur

I may be wrong about this, but wasn't the point of raid currency to give players a way to get that "stupid rare item that just won't drop"? Yet, with RoF, I know of at least 1 T2 item that isn't available on the vendor after beating the raid. Those hard to get items need to be put on the vendors, just give them a high purchase price, say in line with BPs or even a little higher. Just my 2cp..

Edit to add: Could even create some type of invisible flag so you have to do that particular raid X amount of times then it becomes purchaseable from vendor.. Just a thought.
  2. Trajet D'Or Augur

Basically they made raid currency and some people complained that everyone had all the same items so nothing is special so for RoF they made items not everyone will have.

If they made a flag to make something purchasable on the vendor it would probably be completing all the raid achievements for the raid that drops the item and all RoF raid achievements for Burden of Truth. Vulak loot on vendor for completing all those achievements.
  3. Hatsee Augur

I forget the exact reason they said they put it in, but I think the RNG was part of it.

Which items are missing? Unless they are NToV items, those were I believe 'bonus' content. Even if some is best in slot for the time being.
  4. Trajet D'Or Augur

Heartguard Shield Slot: Secondary
    AC: 265 HP: 3051 + 4/tick MANA: 2817 + 3/tick END: 2934 ATK: 35
    STA: 26 + 12 STR: 23 + 11 WIS: 20 + 10 INT: 20 + 10 DEX: 30 + 15 AGI: 27 + 13 CHA: 23 + 11
    Heal Amount: 22 Spell Dmg: 22 Clairvoyance: 33
    Proc Effect: Heartspike
    1: Decrease Current HP by 1500
    Slot 1, type 8: empty
    Slot 2, type 3: empty
    Slot 3, type 20: empty
    Required level of 100.
    Class: WAR, PAL, SHD
  5. Xirtket Augur

I don't think any of the T2 prices need to be higher than they already are, even if they add in missing items.
  6. Straahdx Augur

This is the one I was referring to.
  7. gnomeboss Augur

what happened to the chase items that each class would want to have but would either be obscenely rare or cost a /boggle amount of raid currency?
  8. boukk_sebilis Augur

Those are special rare items, they re not "RNG victim rare items" ,they're just designed to be rare, having them on vendor would just defeat the purpose.
    There s 5 of those if I am correct:
    -lvling head slot (got 7 of those drop, they drop on any rof event)
    -shield with 1500dmg proc (drop of evantil , got none of those)
    -Clicky 1000HEM (1 droped for us, matter of life and death event)
    -Clicky stun proc (drop of grelleth , got 0)
    -Clicky 1 charge tc (drop of X3, got 0)

Nothing wrong with intended chase items.
  9. savrin Augur

I'm almost certain in voa the devs said the reason for currency was so people could obtain chase items and not get shafted by the rng. That was the whole point of it. So deciding to make the chase items exempt from vendors is either an oopsie or a flip flop for the devs.

I am okay with powerful items being rare. But they should be on the vendors just more expensive or it defeats the original purpose of raid currency.
  10. MrGPAC Augur

The purpose of currency had nothing to do with chase items. The point of it was to prevent people from getting entirely screwed by the RNG. An example of this is 15 raids in Beasts Domain without a single monk/bl weapon dropping. That kind of thing happens...currency helps in this scenario, as the monk/bl weapon wasn't meant to be unattainable...RNG was just streaky in this situation.

These new items are ones that ARE meant to be unattainable. Putting a currency value on them, even of extreme values, would completely devalue them.
  11. boukk_sebilis Augur

You're wrong, the currency was put in place for unlucky rng or high demand items so people got a chance of accessing them when they re not supposed to be out of normal rare.
    Those items are supposed to be rare, so don't count on them being put on vendor.