Raid Changes coming in July

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Equanimity Journeyman

It seems like the gameplay you desire involves denying everyone else what they desire. The "might makes right" mentality leads to nothing but endless strife. Enjoy your servers while there's anyone left to stomp on.
    equinox23 likes this.
  2. rekais910 Augur

I actually raided because I wanted to experience the content (yes loot) as well as the storylines and the fights themselves. You can go online and read about the events but it's not the same. you can go on live servers and go solo old content but it's not the same. You can fight for the kill on these servers but it is not the same as it was in classic. There is too much interference.

also what is wrong with TL members having to spend less time actually having to do this excessive raiding or poop socking either? It sounds like the only thing they want to do is to dominate others. The ironic part is that instancing as Jaime Lannister mentioned actually brought the games he is talking about alive. Time constrained individuals could STILL be hard core raiders. Seems like the only thing that makes the difference is the amount of time willing to be spent
    Jadefox likes this.
  3. Equanimity Journeyman

That was my point. In classic there were rules and standards that people adhered to. It was a society of laws in a way. This is not, it is anarchy.
    Jadefox and Shadva Del`Shai like this.
  4. Jaime Lannister Augur

I agree with this to be honest, except for the last part. I'd put money that the non instanced was just as popular as the instanced.
    I'd still be fine with two servers with different rulesets.
    Fallfyres and Gknight like this.
  5. rekais910 Augur

That quote says something to me. I've already seen TL members saying they don't want to sit on mobs either. This would remove the time constraints behind things and allow the "casuals" to actually become hard core raiders. This is a game not a second job. As I said earlier it is possible to have a home life and still be a hard core raider. Unfortunately it isn't possible in this toxic environment. Basically this evens out the amount of time that raiders are required to spend instead somewhat. Better guilds will be able to get through the content while lesser guilds still would struggle. It doesn't make the fights easier. They are doing the same content, they just don't have people who have insanely high amounts of time and forces standing in their way.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  6. Smilesmage Lorekeeper

If not TL it will be someone else. The rules determine the actions of the players, not the other way around. As of right now, the rules are being perfectly designed for poop socking. If you think it won't happen with the current rule set you're just being naive.
  7. rekais910 Augur

Now that I think about it. There is one thing that a lot of people over look when it comes to instancing. Instancing actually puts more emphasis on the quality of the players over the amount of players and zerg tactics. The best guilds are going to have high quality players and beat the content with a smaller amount of people than the lesser guilds. The guilds that beat the content with less players will have more loot per player. This actually makes it all seem more about might by numbers than quality of player when it comes down to it.
    Jadefox likes this.
  8. Vaclav Augur

Yea, RoI had 1 tracker in zone and someone called out to your guild that a poopsock was on... that sounds quite unwilling...
  9. Silentchaos Augur

Could be good doubt anyones gonna want to poopsock 5 different targets 24/7 for 5 straight months if they do I'll be sufficiently amused by the fact that they just wasted 5 months of their life that they'll never ever have back.
  10. Gknight Journeyman

Main problem was people fighting over planes mobs and stuff like efreeti being locked down.
    This is a fix for both. Increased spawns of planes gear and instanced efreeti. This is good update ...but people won't even give it a chance before forum ranting.
    arwilly likes this.
  11. Jaime Lannister Augur

But they want a CoF bro.
  12. Frenzic Augur

I don't know how I feel about these changes. I'll try to break my opinion down, topic by topic.

Pickzone for SolB, Perma, Kedge= A very nice!
    No bosses spawning in pickzones outside of prime= A very nice!
    Increase boss difficulty= A very nice!
    Change to spawn time varience of bosses= A very nice!
    Lowering raid bosses spawn timers= A very nice!

Now you might be thinking to yourself... Frenzic, you like everything, why aren't you sure about how you feel?

I'm glad you asked! The reason is because these changes were meant to help with the competition. While I agree that some of them will help with competition, overall this will not help casuals at all. The dev's don't seem interested in helping casuals, they simply want to help competition.

These changes will benefit the raid guilds that are currently contesting content, no doubt. These changes will not benefit the casual player looking to get a free shot at the raid content.

I think a better solution would have been to full instance raid zones, one expansion behind current. Put lockout timers in ect. This current solution will help guilds compete against TL, no doubt about it. It is good in that way.

For those that thought this change was going to give casual players a free shot at the raid targets... Well this patch isn't for you, plain and simple. This patch is going to help casual groupers and light raiders via hate/fear and pickzones, but raiding the bosses? Nope. I feel this was the intention of daybreak though. More competition between the guilds willing to compete, not free hand outs.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  13. Detheb Augur

[IMG]
    Flobot likes this.
  14. Detheb Augur

Just to clarify, aside from instancing which they already said wasn't going to happen.

You wanted Hard Mobs - Check
    You wanted Multiple Instances with only One instance spawning boss - Check.
    You wanted something done about Pets/monks - Check
    Lower Respawn on Planar Mobs - Check

Yet, you're still crying? C'mon man
    Gknight, Sskefka and Frenzic like this.
  15. Nenton Augur

Disappointed but not surprised by this. This is the same team working on EQ responsible for the mech guardian anniversary disaster. There hadn't been uninstanced content in EQ Live for years and what happens when the devs put it back in? Total cluster like it was in the old days.

It's not fun for people to get griefed. It's not fun for people to not be able to make productive use of their spare time if they choose to spend that in a video game.

The worst part is, they'll probably have to go back on this (or release Kunark and Velious and Luclin and PoP early to ease the raiding strife) and like all their heavy handed nerfs on live, all it will do is cost subscriptions in the interim.

Siding with the less than 200 people at the top rather than the veritable thousands of other players who would be taking advantage of raid instancing (playing with their friends, guildies, taking down raid challenges which you have stated you're going to actually deploy) is financially unconscionable. The subscriptions will lapse. Everyone loses, including those at the top when no one is left to buy their locked down loots.

Sad day here. Sad day indeed.
    Rhiyannon and Praxxos like this.
  16. Glistarian Augur

What they've said they've done is what they have actually done.

Thumbs up from me on that front.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  17. Equanimity Journeyman

This is the essence of the problem. There are many guilds, most guilds above a certain number of members, who are capable of killing Nagafen, Vox, Phinny, Innoruuk, Cazic, etc. They are just not willing to "compete" to get them. In this context "compete" means maintaining a raid force online 24/7, cheating, being extremely lucky, or all of the above. Most guilds just aren't willing to do that.

When the nostalgia wears off and people reach the end of the content that's allowed to them they will have to decide just how far they are willing to go in order to progress. Most people aren't willing to "compete" in that way. I am certainly not willing to cheat or step on people to get what I want.
  18. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

The only thing stopping 'casuals' from getting raid targets is themselves.

There is NOTHING the developers can do, short of a loot lottery, that will allow people who play less often, for shorter times, and with less skill than others to advance as effectively.

If there is an advantage to be gained, a smart, dedicated player will gain it, that's the way ANY game is supposed to be; not free loot just for logging in.

This isn't kindergarten soccer where everyone gets a trophy, this is a serious game that requires time, effort and equipment.
    Frenzic likes this.
  19. Frenzic Augur

Getting a free shot at a raid target is not what the devs want, that is beyond clear. What they did was allow a greater chance to get the target, but you still need to scout and mobilize. I don't cheat or play anywhere close to 24 hours a day and I can still see content.

Have you actually tried to compete or are you just going by what you hear and what people whine about?
  20. Skum Elder

Overall a good update. With these type of things no one really wins, but the scene will definitely be better.
    Gknight and Glistarian like this.