Raid Changes coming in July

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Kumidor Journeyman

This is exactly what is wrong with these forums. There is so much bull$hit people spew out. You are here making wild accusations about topics you know nothing about. Instead of helping and being constructive, you are filling these threads with lies and slander. DBG should honestly ban you!

I want instances. I also think DBG is trying their best to come up with solutions that does not completely alter the original game. I also think that DBG has never been so forth coming with its community as it has been with us on these TLP servers. Previously, SOE would never have even bothered to as you questions, it would be here is the server....good luck. I personally am much happier as a customer since they lost the SoE title, and became Daybreak Games.
    Frenzic likes this.
  2. Frenzic Augur

Why? Sounds pretty spot on to me.
    Porygon likes this.
  3. Flandersian Augur

Hex is speaking from past knowledge and reason. Knowing what the EQ Progression Server experience is and what it was designed to be years ago.

The rest of you are speaking out of personal wants and preferences. Trying to change what EQ Progression Server experience is and was.
  4. Ootax Augur

I didn't read through the 18 pages of doodoo, all I want to know, is there going to be some sort of vote on Kunark???
  5. Finwen Augur

Evolution for businesses, governments, and species. All bad things. I've been saying this since day one.
  6. Ltldogg Augur

Thank you for the effort, time and listening to the players! It might not be a perfect system, yet, but it is a great change that can be worked on down the line and will help not only TLP servers, but hopefully all servers and other games down the road :)
  7. rekais910 Augur

That is why people are asking for the instanced content. Right now part of the work is gathering up so many people to beat other guilds in DPS races. If any other guild shows an interest in moving in on a raid target someone in one of the guilds eventually begins to turn it into a sock. Also I hope we get instancing simply because I have been one of those raiders (post below)

And I know for a fact that it's more about might in numbers which doesn't do anything for putting in time. Trust me instance raiders put in plenty of time on the content. More time for those who aren't as skilled as the ones who know what their doing. The amount of time that I was willing to spend raiding hardcore was insane. My raid attendance was something along the lines of 97%+. I socked. I mobilized extraordinarily fast (faster than plenty of TL on fippy) and I boxed a cleric in velious to help with heals and a shaman later on. This isn't classic EQ. If it was then people wouldn't be complaining about the storm of crap because the GMs would have put the boot to the trouble makers and the rest would be afraid to cause it. Logging in and racing to the raid target the second it spawns doesn't take nearly as much time. This is a matter of when that time is available for everyone. Hardcore on time constraints is very much possible, which is why every game including everquest supported it. Plane of time was instanced after the fact at the request of players.
  8. Maxe Augur

Yet another TL forum trying to convince the devs not to instance raid content so they can continue to monopolize it.
  9. Captainblood Lorekeeper

They can still ask for it. These companies change their minds all the time. And your "competition" is more like an oligopoly. You can't expect much competition at your status, so saying you would welcome it is very easy to do. If you want competition, join a live server (zek) and work your way to the top.
  10. Flandersian Augur

Right, right. Evolving by...playing a 15 year old game for what is almost purely nostalgia. Gotcha.
  11. Flandersian Augur

TL knocked down the Towers!!1! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!
  12. Bumpkin Augur

They are gonna lock their own raid thread it's gonna be great
    Flandersian likes this.
  13. a rusted heart New Member

I'm not saying the dude was polite in what he said, but he's not totally wrong.

Everyone has a goal when they play the game. If you want to spend your two hours making small bowls, foraging, swimming from one side of the ocean to the other, have at it. However, if you are trying to get into the raid scene on two hours a day it's not going to happen.

Prepping for raids, gathering forces, buffing, making the plan and executing the plan all take a load of time. Then you have people crashing, AFking, disconnecting and generally not paying attention on raids. Wipe, reset, re-try. Time, time, time. Good luck.

Do you know how much time people spent camped at Vox last week, and at what time that was? It was a couple guilds at least. There was another boss last week that had three guilds engaged on it. Time and effort was seen.

Do you expect people to leave a raid target up until someone else can come along? Do people leave AM / Lord / Efreeti, etc up when they spawn? These things don't happen. Even in instanced dungeons where these named mobs exist.

This server is a Time-Locked Progression server. The top guilds have to down current high tier content and maintain geared players in order to be ready for the next content release. Their forces are massive, and growing. They put the time in and it is not just TL either. Rosengard, Reign of Insanity and Apokalypsis all put the time in to raid. This is what they want to do, so they make the time to do it.

Coming to the forums and calling people out because of whatever is poor. If people cheat they get caught. Just as in the real world. It may not be right away, but it happens. Use your time to be helpful and less of it whining. Constructive advice creates newer, better worlds for everyone, while negativity and bickering destroys communities.
    Porygon, Gknight and Frenzic like this.
  14. Finwen Augur

I keep trying to understand what this is supposed to mean so maybe you should spell it out for me.
  15. Flandersian Augur

I took your post to say that EQ should evolve to meet it's consumers' demands. I replied by saying that your purposefully choosing to play in an older setting, on an older platform kind of negates that. You guys wanted Max Nostalgia, you got it. Now you want it to change, but don't want to change some things. Just the things that will make your personal experience better.
  16. Diemond Augur

You know what, I am not in TL and I would be happy if they instance raids and happy if they don't instance raids. I am one of the Leaders of RoE Reign of Eternity not to be confused with Reign of Insanity we are in no way a part of them. And since the server opened we knew what TL was going to be and what they were going to do. Have we been sitting idly by hoping for some dev to take pity on us and allow us to raid? No, we have been working our butts off growing our population and getting the leveled up.

Our members have been grinding and grinding away at leveling with the little time they are able to get on each day. Our leaders and officers have been working their tails off recruiting and talking to other guilds. Our guild as a whole has been diligent about making sure that the type you hear about from TL and Apok do no and will not find a home in RoE.

And you know what, it is paying off greatly, we started off not even being known to now we are being recognized as one of the top guilds on the server. Even better, TL is soon going to feel our presence as we are about to go up against them for the actual raid targets we have more than RoI did when they tried. Whether we win some kills or not isn't the important thing right now (we know we are more than likely going to lose more than we win). What is important is that we are going to show TL and the server that you don't just sit on your hands waiting for a hand out, if you want do to something you put the work needed into doing it. By the way we are not a hardcore guild either, most of our members have been struggling just to reach raiding level but now their hard work has paid off and we have a force that is ready to go and we didn't have it handed to us.
  17. Hecula New Member

I like the changes personally with reservation on what the spawn rate will be changed to. There are probably around 3-4 classic servers crammed into rage as it is so maybe spawn rate x4 is in order. Still doesn't fix other issues and aholes will be aholes unfortunately. With no community policing like there was back in the day, no real repercussions for bad behavior and it will continue. Just have to care less. Honestly folks, take some time and stop farming and go visit. Buff some newbies and give out some gear. The race is bad not good which is why I'm against early Kunark. Take some time to make this server something other than a throwaway. If some of the racers check out for the next 5 months because of "nothing to do" is that bad or good? Honest question.
  18. Scyclone Lorekeeper

And Max Nostalgia is not what we got, but thanks for playing. Max Nostalgia would imply that the server population was quartered, at best. But hey, once 75% of the people playing right now quits due to Daybreak catering to very specific minorities, maximum nostalgia will be attained. After all... very few guilds actually had to deal with the issues we currently deal with. Double that by factoring in guilds never really had to deal with instantly dead raid bosses either...

But hey, claim to say it is nostalgic, by all means... I can use words I don't understand too :)
  19. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

20. Flandersian Augur

The "racers" aren't the ones complaining. The "enjoy the ride" crowd is entering the high end and encountering the "racers". And They.Are.Pissed. The "racers" will farm for a long time. The ones who don't have the super high play times and won't poopsock are the ones that will get bored and leave.
    Gknight and JemAsEQ666 like this.