Raid Advice - Dance of the Demiurge

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Apr 18, 2023.

1. Bigstomp Augur

A good multibind helps make sure you're using the right spells in the right order.
    I feel the bigger thing it does though, is reduce cognitive load.
    As long as I'm targetting the correct target, I can mash one or two buttons and know that I'm 99% doing the right thing.
    That frees up a whole lot of mental capacity to think about the other longer refresh buttons or aa's that may get totally forgotten about but add up to a lot in the end.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

Amen from a cleric perspective. Once trained to always be mashing that multibind key it allows me to THINK about what's next during a busy event while continually throwing heals at somebody, even if somebody is wrong right at this instant.
    Kaenneth, Szilent and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  3. Dalrek_MM Elder

Sorry to revive this, but will letting boss eat the adds ruin the de-illusion achivement where you have to bane all fake adds?
    We run into issue where boss will eat an add before it goes active and can be baned. But ofcourse doesnt matter if eaten/absorbed adds dont count
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Need to be quick with your banes. Start casting right when they pop and before they go active.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We couldn't cast on them before they went active last night.

They changed anything with how inactive mobs spawn to deal with the FTE on Oakwynd maybe?
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

They better not have done so.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Nah, Im not saying you can land a spell before they go active. Just start spam casting before they go active so you land one asap after they do. If youre waiting till they start moving you risk lag making your spell take too long and they get eaten.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It seemed he was eatting them before they went active. It maybe down to the lag I guess.
  9. Swiss Augur

boss percent is what matters, if you need that achievement you can hold on boss while they go active to bane or just try each week until you get lucky. usually eats at sub 9% and heals back to 12% but there are add percents below 12.
  10. daBlubb Elder

Just to make it clear: If one add is eaten and boss is back to 12% the achievement ist lost, no matter if everything else is baned?
  11. Lianeb Augur

if he spawns 2 and you bane one and he eats one then no it is not lost. If 2 spawn and he eats 1 and you can't bane the other it is lost.
    Swiss and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  12. daBlubb Elder