Ragefire status

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by FENDER42, Aug 4, 2017.

1. FENDER42 Lorekeeper

Hey guys I was wondering is it worth playing on Ragefire anymore? And if so how many raid guilds still raid?
  2. Dilf Augur

There are 4 guilds raiding PoTime currently with maybe 1 or 2 more hitting up Velious and Luclin targets. I personally think it's great there, and you don't have 25 guilds of raiders all wearing the same gear.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  3. yukan Augur

There are 7 guilds still raiding on Ragefire. 6 of them are in the elemental planes plus and the 7th is farming VT and working through PoP progression.

I think a lot of people think back to Ragefire and think nonstop competition, box armies and trains. The community has united since the toxic players moved to newer servers. Guilds have flag share agreements, enforce good etiquette in group zones, and make sure everyone has enough content for raids. I can say without a doubt that the Ragefire community is the most united of all TLP servers. We share content now, and as we progress to future expansions that will go from necessary to non-exsistant as more and more raid content becomes instanced. Ragefire took a huge hit once Phinny launched, but has steadily gained population.

We get GoD in about 5 months, we get LDON in about 4 weeks. We do not have the true box code other servers have. If you are unable or unwilling to keep up with the fast pace or low XP rates of Phinny, or if you don't want to get stuck at PoP on Agnarr, there is plenty of time left to get caught up and enjoy some of the best expansions EQ has to offer on Ragefire.

If you're looking for more info on any of the guilds, I suggest checking out the following:

Awakened Legends: American time zone, working on VT and PoP content.
    Darkwind: Euro time zone, farming EPs and PoTime.
    False Prophecy: American time zone, farming EPs and PoTime.
    Peace of Formosa: Oceanic time zone, farming EPs.
    Solusek Lotus: American time zone, farming EPs.
    Tempus: American time zone, farming EPs and PoTime.
    Yeti: American time zone, farming EPs and PoTime.
  4. FineWine New Member

Yukan explains everything very well. Come play on ragefire!
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  5. Jaime Lannister Augur

Yukan said all that really needs to be said.

The environment on Ragefire is better than it's ever been.
    If you don't have a guild or friends to level with though, the 1-60 grind is probably a bore. Not a lot of low level toons anymore. But the xp rates here are faster than Phinny so it's pretty easy to hit 65.
    Seddie, Kattria Minx and Adonhiram like this.
  6. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

"Yukan said all that really needs to be said"

I would have to say more should be said. I wouldn't put complete trust into what either Yukan or Jaime is telling you. You have to know that Yukan is in the guild Tempus, and Jamie is in Darkwind, both guilds which command what every other guild on the server does. Both guilds which basically told the other guilds they can't kill a single named in PoP for the first month PoP came out. Both guilds which kept out every other guilds from VT until PoP released. It isn't all rainbows and sunshine unless you are in the top guilds.

You also have to be in one of their guilds to get flags for content. I never once saw someone messaging in general chat asking if someone needs a flag or not.

You asked if it is worth to play on Ragefire anymore. Here is my suggestion. If you want to box with the same computer than Ragefire is a good choice compared to Lockjaw, which has a worse raid dictator. Now if you don't want to box and you want to compare Ragefire with Phinny, then I would suggest that you go with Phinny. Leveling isn't as slow as it was at the start on the server with Phinny with the advent of GoD. With raid instancing, there were 10+ guilds doing time level content as opposed to Ragefire with the four listed above. Both Phinny and Ragefire suffer from lack of lower level players. If you don't mind content stopping at LDoN then Agnarr is a good alternative as well.

TLDR: It is better than before for raiding but if you aren't in a guild than its going to suck.
  7. Yanster Augur

Tempus Darkwind and FP were in VT , Yeti join near end of Luclin .

FP proposed to Darkwind and Tempus that they should go 1st in PoP to Unlock Next expension faster .
    2 Weeks in PoP FP join PoP flaging .
    Soon as FP was done Yeti did their turn .
    Solusek join after in combinason with Peace of Formosacc ( wich was a new guild on Ragefire ).
    Awakened Legend by choices stayed out of PoP until few days ago .

Every single raid target that dies in PoP the guild that kills it offers flag to other guild who have killed it with "Guild Only" .

2 Weeks after PoP - Darkwind and Tempus were in Time .
    4 Weeks it was False Prophecy .
    6 Weeks Yeti
    8 Weeks - Solusek Lotus / Peace of Formosacc.

Sever could be easily controlled by 3 guilds . If we had the desire . No , how we went is 1 month before PoP we started with TS meetings . We prepared how PoP would be done , so not everyone would try for mobs and slowing down everyone .
    When a guild started their flaging , they had a free road ahead of them and they could "plan" raids .

Yes flags are only proposed between the raiding guild , wich are in rotations with all the Elemental zones + VT .
    All zones but Sol Ro and Planes will be level based in less then a month anyway , if you arent the "raiding type" of player .
    Seddie and Adonhiram like this.
  8. Kloven Elder

Ragefire is healthy in my opinion and worth playing on. As Yukan originally explained and Yanster added, you have options if you want to join a casual guild that raids or a raiding guild.

In Awakened Legends we just added multiple new members in the mid 20 level range, this seems to happen every month or so. Perhaps folks choose Ragefire for the exp curve, or the expansion release timing, maybe they just like our sense of humor. As stated a new character will have trouble finding exp PUG until level 40+ unless they join a guild.

I've also met and still keep up with players who chose to play with their group of friends, with their own guild (i.e. 6 guild members made up of 2-3 players). I've not heard them complain of how the current era content is managed by the raiding guilds.
    Seddie and Kattria Minx like this.
  9. Yanster Augur

Anyone can add more comments .
    Would really like to have a larger input on how the server is viewed .
    How all the work done by the officer / members of the raiding guilds to create an healthier server as come to .
  10. Xanadas Augur

It's a sharing agreement between guilds, not a free-for-all. If you want to get free flags, join Solusek's Lotus. They often take people who just want to "level up". As long as you have the guild tag, you are able to join in for free backflags.

The reason flags are not announced in general is because there are a few larger groups of people on the server who do not want to follow the agreements set in place for friendly sharing of pop raid targets, therefore we don't just allow anyone in general to get flagged or we'd just be slowly allowing these groups to cause disruptions in the higher-tier pop targets as well.
  11. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

It isn't friendly at all. The rotation is put in place to make sure that the top guilds have a majority of the loot and are the best prepared for the next expansion. It is only "friendly" to the top guilds. According to Yanster's schedule both of PoF and SL should be in Plane of Time by now, but only one of them has killed an elemental god as far as I know. The optimal thing would have been to flag their own guild for time and the let others piggy in for the flag as the guilds kill them. That way every guild could kill in PoTime as soon as possible, but the downside (and real reason) is that it would force Tempus and Darkwind to share more of the elemental loot. We can't have that now can we? I predict SL and PoF won't be time flagged until after LDoN releases as they have to compete for elemental planes targets with guilds have literally been killing there for MONTHS.

Yanster even said 3 guilds could monopolize PoP targets, however he didn't admit that any sane person would get tired of killing MB ad infinite without going insane, especially given the fact that the monopolized Luclin targets so thoroughly. Hence why we see the lower guilds "given" the "opportunity" to kill lower tier PoP content with the requirement that they have to allow their alts in to get flagged. Most of the top raid guilds have their dkp/raid list as public information. It is easily noticeable that there main focus has been time and the elemental planes with an occasional trip for backflags, my guess when they have exhausted higher end content and need to kill some time for the raids.

Just because a guild or raid force doesn't want to play by the rules you set up doesn't make them automatically unfriendly.
  12. Yanster Augur

SL was farming NToV as of 2 months ago . Pretty sure SL is happy to have acces to all Elemental planes .
    PoF came from another server Lockjaw ) and 2 months into PoP they are in EP .

SL AL had free access to the Luclin raid targets .

You cant be serious mentioning other guilds toon would simply be invited for flags when that guild asnt shown they can kill the target by them self .

The raid force that "doesnt play by the rules" is controlled by 2 person . If you want to allow these over guilds played by 40 60 even 130 real player then i dont get how you think .

The initial 2 weeks of Darkwind and Tempus going 1st was to unlock the next Expension faster . Tempus and Darkwind did it in 2 weeks . How this would have played out if all raiding guild wouldnt have cooperate . 1 month ? 6 weeks ? makes no sence .

In 2 months you have 6 guilds in the EP .

How did that play out on Fippy ? How many guilds are in EP on Lockjaw ?
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  13. Jewelzz New Member

Rofl. A server rotation is in place because you guys are worried about 2 boxers? Thank god I'm on Agnarr now.

I'm surprised to even see this given that Plane of Time is instanced. I can't imagine the boxers even care about anything under Time.

Darkwind and Tempus still seem to be the joke of the server.
  14. trollivesmatter Journeyman

The initial 'monopoly' was to get the Gates expac opened ASAP, and since then the smaller guilds have been working through the content.

Well, all except one. I'm going to guess by the palpable that you are the one who shall not be named ( not sure what it is this month anyhow ) that every guild on the server teamed up to stop. I see nothing constructive in your posts, only moaning about how unfair it all is. Very much like gen chat every time you pop in and pretend to be the super cool friendly guy for an hour, before bashing on guilds and their leadership. I did get to see your post on that other website before PoP launched looking for other mega boxers to send in their 'resumes' lol, and your plans to sell PoP flagging and loot for kronos. Oh how lovely that would be, sure sign of a healthy server, right? You'd be the first guy to monopolize content if you could, but you can't. So you hang out and just piss and moan about how unfair it all is, that all the guilds on RF are working together and sharing content. Oh the horror!

When the whole world disagrees with you, maybe you are the problem...

To the OP, yes Ragefire is the best it's been in the 2 years I've been on it, server has had an influx of new players recently with PoP as well. Pay no attention to Phil ^
    Xanadas likes this.
  15. Machentoo Augur

Not sure why the question, but... I don't think the answer supports the argument you are trying to make.

www.bkfippy.com

Fippy had 3 guilds in time after 2 months (TL/Citi/Asc). Two more guilds made it into time in the following ~two weeks (DB and RG). At that point, 2.5 months in, there were three additional guilds that were in the EP's (Austerity had full access, Qabal and Midnight Pyre both just needed Sol RO to finish full ep access.) Unfortunately ~2.5 months is right when the owner of bkfippy.com stopped doing updates so hard to be sure what happened after that point.

And this was with no one working together, guilds fighting tooth and nail over everything and actively trying to lock everyone else out, and the content a fair deal harder than it is now. So despite the competition and the lack of cooperation, Fippy had relatively similar results to what you all have done.
  16. Yanster Augur

Server rotation has nothing to do with the 2 boxer .
    Its so everyone can see all planes , plan raids etc .
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  17. -wycca Augur

Didn't play on Fippy, so your post was great for helping see how PoP played out there. TY for posting.
    Machentoo likes this.
  18. Semah Augur

Frankly, I don't care why there's a rotation. Maybe it's because after Luclin everyone decided to play nice and be able to sleep. Maybe it's because we're all secretly Saytonic's boxes boxing their own boxes pretending to be different guilds. Maybe it's because Yukan is secretly dating+satisfying MULTIPLE DIFFERENT pairs of nubile sisters from Darkwind, False Prophecy and Yeti. Maybe it's all of the above. Doesn't matter.

I sure am glad there's a rotation, though.
    Seddie and Kattria Minx like this.
  19. Kattria Minx Augur

Ragefire is great! I love the way the guilds work together to share content.
    Seddie and Semah like this.
  20. Turinbar Augur

If you are starting a character brand new, be prepared for enormous downtime in LFG. Most characters are max level and those who are leveling up are box crews. My advice, box a 2nd char because the leveling scene is almost non existent. There are only a few guilds actively raiding, I'd say actual server population is below 1500 individual accounts.