Ragefire or Lockjaw?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fugly, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Fugly New Member

Hey,
    Downloading the game right now. Been a long time since I played and I am going to be leveling from scratch on one of the progression servers. Any advice on which one to go to? I would prefer to get one almost on SoL so I have time to level up before focusing on AA's. Lockjaw and Ragefire seem pretty similar in population according to the main EQ page. I will probably box or call a bud to level with me since it's unlikely I'll find an abundance of low level people willing grind out 60 levels. So whatcha think?
  2. Ethereal Augur

They're basically going to be the same. Ragefire get's SoL in a few days, Lockjaw in about a week. Fairly sure that'll be about the only major difference between the two.
  3. Gremin Augur

Lockjaw gets SoL on 28th of Nov if vote passes.
  4. Banecrow Elder

Come to Phinny and get Luclin now and instanced raiding.
  5. vardune Augur

+1
  6. superman Augur

still unsure why the havn't merged rage/lockjaw but i'd join phinny and raid when you want. Plus the population is way better, and it's more social due to true box code and exp bonus forcing people to group. It's better in every way. I'm having a blast and you will actually find a group there lvl 5-60. If you do start on phinny hit me up and i'll help ya get started a little bit. in game name is Qaos. To stifle the hate from the ragefire/lockjaw crew see below.

Disclaimer: All statements made by Superman are in/of his own opinion and are anecdotal in nature, In no way are they to be perceived as facts. Ragefire/Lockjaw may be more social at times and have a higher exp rate no matter how empty. As the hodgetwins says all this is just advice, do whatever you wanna do :)
  7. Zool Elder

Only thing you need to care about is.
    Box on one computer = RF or LJ
    Play one toon or box with two computers = Pinny
    Both kind of servers are fun.

Ragefire:
    Darkwind (EU), FP and Tempus for highend gaming.

Twilight Dreamers (EU), Solusek Lotus, AL, Yeti, AoN for more casual gaming.
    Sure there are some very small guilds around too that i do not know about.

Lockjaw i cant tell you since i never played there.

Pinny: Lots of options

Most players on RF and LJ are in a waiting state, they all want SoL atm :)
  8. Illusory Augur

While not dead, Ragefire and Lockjaw have dwindling populations! Yes, you would have a faster rate of XP, but it isn't THAT bad on Phinny if you group in areas with a high zone experience modifier. Bring your buddy with you on Phinny, create a warrior and cleric (2/3 trinity classes) and form groups until 60. You'll be there in no time, if you have the time.

Never thought I'd run into someone in the EQ world familiar with the twins! :)

<gets real close to camera.>

DO WHATEVER THE <BLEEP>, YOU WANNA DO!!!!
  9. LoyalBard New Member

I sure loved spending 4 hours in a group to get one level at level 45. /s If someone isn't going to play 4-5 hours a day on Phinigel, and isn't going to buy the 50% exp potions available, then they most likely won't catch up by the end of Luclin. You can even see it when they reply...

10. Illusory Augur

You still did it though, as did many others on Phinny.
  11. rorriana Elder

That may be true that he did, but don't mislead new posters. Not everyone playing EQ is a sad sack with no mates, so not everyone is ready to take on EQ as a second job.

If the OP is limited on time he might be better served on RF/LJ, or even on a normal live server if he only gets a few hours a week to play.
    ShoutsAtCats likes this.
  12. Gromph Elder

Population = phinny
  13. Illusory Augur

All I'm saying is the best player experience to be had is on Phinny and the XP rate should not be used as a deterrent.

For example, I restarted on Phinny (from Ragefire) early-mid September, I have playtime some weekends, and my duo is already level 45. I use the monthly allotment of station coins to purchase XP boost potions which I use sparingly. I'll admit, the XP is much slower than Ragefire, but it hasn't been a problem for me.
  14. rorriana Elder

It depends a lot on your priorities in life what is the right choice for you server-wise, people should look at their playtime and IRL commitments and choose accordingly.

If you have copious amounts of free time to level and if you are ok with the welfare raid boss instance loot pinatas then Phinny is probably the right place for you. For some people their IRL commitments or their pride might make it a bad fit.
  15. bodes Augur

If someone has lower playtime they risk the server dying before they even get to max level if they pick RF or LJ. At least with phinny you know the server will still be populated and progressing when you do get max level. Choice is theirs, in the end.
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I think most folks spoke that they would rather get welfare raid bosses on a schedule vs. being blocked by folks on welfare + mass boxers.

Or am I wrong and RF and LJ still have vibrant economies + thousands of folks playing over there? ;)
  17. Illusory Augur

I was wondering when the underlying point of your argument would come out.

I hate to say it, but Ragefire 'server first' raiding is determined by whom has the most vacation days and krono to sustain the monthly costs of multiple accounts. You can argue that, ' the days of 24/7 camping is a thing of the past,' but that sour taste remains.

Ragefire played host to MMO poachers and that sucked the life out of the true players. Let the populations speak for themselves.
    Accipiter likes this.
  18. rorriana Elder

Fortunately my statement still stands. Individuals choose for themselves what works for them. Obvious the masses choose Phinny, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to go there too. People should make informed choices, which is all I said in the first place.
  19. rorriana Elder

That seems to be a pretty common statement on the boards here 'Come to Phinny, no contest for raid targets! Why compete when it can be handed to you? Everyone gets a trophy!'.

That is not my thing, but luckily DBG realizes that and there is more than 1 server, so everybody wins! I can play on my server, you can play on yours, and the new players can pick the one they prefer between them.
  20. Silinius Augur

To the OP:

Ragefire will have Luclin about 3 weeks before Lockjaw. There is going to be your primary difference at this point between RF and LJ.

To the rest of the trolls from Phinny:

This isn't the Phinny Server message boardsl; it's the TLP message boards. The constant flexing of your collective e-peens around how amaz-balls your server is compared to everyone else is tiresome. It reminds me of the current state of politics in the US with each side flexing their muscles and touting the party lines. Give it a rest eh?

The OP posted asking for a opinion on Ragefire or Lockjaw.. not Phinny. So go back to your posts complaining of your lockout timers being so viciously taken from you because of server down time and how you deserve so much more because of your golden-child server and leave this thread alone.