Ragefire Naggy/Vox have not died in many months-Request Level Cap removal please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DryalRmog, Jun 8, 2016.

1. DryalRmog Augur

On ragefire Vox/Naggy have not died from Feb/March respectively.

Nobody wants to keep geared out ready level 52 toons (8 levels under current cap) just to kill these 2 raid targets.

As such, content in game is not being used.

Red scales and White scales are pretty rare on Ragefire, because nobody wants to force a 30-50 man raidforce to level and keep level 52 toons up to kill these dragons.

Can we get the level cap taken off these?

Thanks
  2. Finley Augur

I don't play there, but I think that is a solid idea. The level cap on the mobs was almost certainly put in place so people weren't "forced" to buy an expansion to have top end content. Everyone who plays on Ragefire/Lockjaw already has Kunark and beyond.

In the meantime can you kill Gore and Talendor?
  3. DryalRmog Augur

Tal gets killed on RF all the time. Not many guilds mess with Gore because the slow / massive aoe / ect. Pretty much need lots of bards and decent raid force and or many casters (Right mix) to even bother with her. By far hardest mob in Kunark now.

Scales are not the point of the post, the point is content doesn't get used, because of the level cap on Vox / Naggy.
  4. Obsessed Journeyman

This is a can of wurms.

Remove level restriction and watch the same 24-36 man box teams race for it (2-3 people).

Remove the MoTM and it becomes a legit fun mob for 1 monk alt to kill. (just like live, still only one person.)

Leave it as is and they wont die again, Trakanon and Gore are pretty much the same, the only time Trak dies would be if someone pays an RMT boxer to kill for UDB. (not worth killing him 25 times for a mana robe.)
  5. Qoolong New Member

pull to BW zoneline , load all caster alt bind rush
    20+caster can easy win . with 100+ corpse
    F*** -150 check ae & F*** -40 resist aura
  6. Chuuk Augur

Honestly, if they lift the cap, Naggy/Vox would not be up for more than 30 seconds on any given day. There's at least 20 people on the server that box 10+ toons who will undoubtedly camp these guys to death. As we heard from phinny, you can basically single group them in Velious gear at 60.

They would probably have to re-tune them and we all know what road that leads down. I guess a quick fix would be just to make them exactly as difficult as Talendor and call it a day...but I'm not sure what that would entail.
  7. Aaramis Augur

Implement a level sync/scaling as other games have done, and old world targets would never lose their challenge.
  8. Kahna Augur

What is wrong with them dying in 30 seconds? Old content naturally gets easier as you progress. Stuff doesn't have to stay difficult forever. The gear is sub-par these days, why shouldn't it be one-two groupable? As for a group of boxers killing it? Isn't that what Ragefire/Lockjaw are about? I thought you guys liked that sort of thing, the challenge of killing stuff alone with your boxes. Isn't that why people still play there? Because they can box?
  9. Chuuk Augur

Not sure I understand the bitterness of your post, but I wasn't implying that I had a problem with boxers killing anything. The only thing I was getting at is that these guys wouldn't be "raid targets" if they simply lifted the cap, because they would be too weak.

Vox and Naggy are the original gangsters of Norrath and to see them drop to a single group is a travesty. In terms of loot, CoF still has highest droppable haste...but I guess Vox's loot is mostly average besides the dragon scales.
  10. Kahna Augur

I'm not bitter, I actually have a couple of mega-boxer friends on RF/LJ. But I often hear about people complaining about the mega-boxers on RF/LJ, they are the price one pays to multibox on a single PC. I just don't see how them dropping to a single group is a travesty. They drop on Phinny to single groups, the world hasn't ended. If they actually were buffed to still require a raid they would likely die just as often as they die now. Who want's to get a full raid together to go kill mobs that drop "group level" loot? They rarely die on Phinny these days, even when they can be killed in instances by level 60's, they just aren't worth the time to head out there unless you're bored and messing around.
  11. Kiani Augur

When Kunark originally came out, Naggy and Vox doesn't have level restrictions, and started being killed by single groups at 60. The player base at the time was a lot more spread out in levels, so the restrictions were added. It made sense at the time, to allow people to experience those 2 dragons as they were intended when there were high populations and not many raid targets.

This level cap mechanism has never been repeated for any other mob. If you want to go back 20 levels on and solo a lower level raids mob, you can. There is really no reason why Naggy and Vox arts still special in this way. Originally, they were still being killed will into Luclin, now they're ignored when we're still in Velious. On Phinny, you can get an instance for them without the restriction, but I don't think many people actually bother.

If they're one grouped by level 60s, it's that a big deal these days?
  12. Stune Augur

I haven't killed them yet.... i am still level 18, turning 19 so when i get there will you want to help my little group?
  13. Stune Augur

There is a point it becomes useless after, most way after pop it never pops unless for some quest or to help someone out with something important.

I liked the old mac K quests in pok they added after underfoot.
  14. Rhodz Augur

Guess since the loot has become immaterial the mobs live.
    RF has a good xp rate, unlike Phin, so alts are fairly easy.
    Just a case of the loot not being attractive enough to motivate.
    Pretty much working as expected.
  15. Tunare Lorekeeper

:rolleyes:

Its been lvl 52 for the life of the game. If you need a red scale, go to Skyfire or the Hole. So basically people don't want to put in the effort, they want it easy. You can three group Nortlav in the hole FYI.
  16. DryalRmog Augur

I dont need or want a scale. I think its sad content like Naggy or Vox, don't get killed for 6 months (Feb to July) on an ~ one year old progression server.

Its not people being lazy, its the level cap + MOTM.

Agree level cap has been life of the game, but now we have MOTM which is new,

Also Phinny can kill them in instances without the cap. So things have changed...

At what point does MOTM go away? Or are Vox and Naggy just going to be the mobs that never get killed again on RF?
  17. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

It really isn't though. Naggy and Vox should either have the level restriction or MotM. Pick one. Simple.
  18. Finley Augur

Was it publicly announced why the level restriction was put in in the first place back in 2000 or whenever it was?
  19. Ladysoth Augur

So what?

So what?
  20. Kahna Augur

I am pretty sure motm isn't ever going away, while it may not be placed on new mobs eventually, I don't see why they would ever remove it. I don't think making it easier for you to faceroll old content is high on their priority list.