RAF XP Bonuses?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Zaxamaphone, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Zaxamaphone Augur

Can someone please explain the Recruit A Friend XP bonuses to me? The way I read the website says that the recruitee gets 300%xp bonus if grouped and within 1000ft of the recruiter and the recruiter gets 100% bonus xp if grouped with the recruitee. All of that is dependent on the recruitee being a lower lvl than the recruiter.

When I group with my recruited friend his xp goes down by half... and he is lower level than me.

Am I misreading the bonuses or is it just not working?
  2. mage101 Elder

both gold subs?
  3. Zaxamaphone Augur

Both are silver accounts. The fine print on the SOE website says the account must be in good standing... Not Gold standing. Both accounts received all of the RAF /claim items.
  4. Derd Augur

First thing that pops to mind is, when did you do RAF, if your just talking about this now you may not be in the RAF program. The recruit a friend program that is currently being advertised has no xp bonus it does have some claim items and such but that is really all. The old RAF program which you would have had to have started umm 2 years ago ish I really cant remember but its been awhile did have bonus's and such but that program was discontinued and only those grandfathered in and with current gold sub's get the xp bonus, and yes the bonus is still active as I have a RAF account.
  5. mage101 Elder

gotta be gold if you want to use first version of RAF benefits
  6. Zaxamaphone Augur

Yeah these are both newer accounts. I think the SOE website might have some older data still contained in the fine print, I'll see if I can find where I read it.

The great RAF program that used to exist started and ended while I was away from EQ for 2 years. This new program seems pretty lack luster for the recruiter. As recruitee it is nice having some free gear and a somewhat fast mount and some xp pots. As recruiter though I get the choice of one reward.. 5AA.. a 4 hour 25% xp pot.. or some loyalty points. Seems rather... meh. And that is only after the recruitee has spent $10 on Station Cash.