RAF Experience

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Marauder, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Marauder New Member

After the patch, and after today's hotfix, my RAF experience bonus is no longer working. I've heard some reports from other people as well.

Please post here if your RAF experience bonus quit working after the patch so hopefully SOE can resolve the issue sooner than later.
  2. Vilo New Member

My RaF bonus is also non existent after today's patch.
  3. JimmyD New Member

My entire guilld, well over 60 people, are linked with raf accounts. I can say that if it is longer applied we will all be moving on to a new game. I hope this gets fixed
  4. Trickster New Member

Silly me, I was hoping that today's patch would fix this... but no RAF bonus still.
  5. Obiziana Augur

As reported in another thread, mine is broken as well. I am not moving to a new game though, though I might cry some soft tears into my pillow tonight...
    Enkel and Liliana like this.
  6. Marauder New Member

Really hope this gets resolved before the weekend!
  7. Axxius Augur

You forgot to add that everybody in your guild also owns 6 accounts. And is cancelling their EQ subscriptions if this is not fixed by 12 pm PST tomorrow.
    Githy and Sinestra like this.
  8. Symbius Augur

haha.. When RaF kiddies are sad it makes me smile. :)
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

Apparently mission flipping for nerfed too.
  10. Siddar Augur

What exactly do you mean by mission flipping?
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Purposely not finishing a mission for whatever reason and then getting another instance. Mostly people do it for uncontested mobs.
  12. maverick Elder

Mine is not working either
  13. maverick Elder

06/30/2011 19:41:11
    Subject: Invite a Friend to Play EverQuest
    Piestro

Community Relations

The only thing better than playing EverQuest is playing EverQuest with some of your best friends! With this in mind we are proud to announce our brand new Recruit a Friend program. The new Recruit a Friend program makes it easier and more beneficial than ever to help friends get introduced to EverQuest, with fantastic benefits for both Recruiter and Recruitee!

Benefits to Recruiter:

One Month of Free EverQuest Gameplay
    Receive one (1) month of free EverQuest gameplay time (to be added at the end of your then-current subscription) per new account invitee (up to a limit of twenty five (25) months) who converts to a paying subscriber within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of that friend's trial period
    Bonus Items
    Exclusive In-Game Mounts
    Choose from one of two mounts per new account invitee who converts to a paying subscriber within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of that friend's trial period. Get more than one friend to convert to get them both!
    Legends of Norrath™ Booster Packs
    Receive two (2) Legends of Norrath Oathbreaker booster packs for the first new account invitee who converts to a paying subscriber within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of that friend's trial period.
    Bonus Station Cash™ to Spend
    Receive 250 Station Cash for the first new account invitee who converts to a paying subscriber within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of that friend's trial period.
    Bonus Experience
    Once your friend converts to a paying subscriber, you will receive bonus experience* from that point forward.
    When grouped with your invited friend, receive up to double the normal experience during that adventuring time.
    If you are not grouped with your invited friend, you will still receive a 50% percent bonus to your adventuring experience.
    Group and experience bonuses only apply if both players are within close adventuring proximity of each other.

Benefits to Invitees:

Bonus Experience
    When grouped, your invited friend may earn up to three times the normal experience while adventuring.
    A Head Start In Adventuring
    What good is inviting a friend to play if they can’t join you right away? Invitees will receive the ability to create one Head Start Character, starting at level 51 with 50 Alternate Ability points. With a close friend in amongst the citizens of Norrath, Invitees will be able to quickly acclimate to life and play in the world of EverQuest. Starting at level 51 will make that process even quicker!
    Title of the Adventurous
    Upon logging in with their new character, they will receive a special in-game title made possible only by participating in the Recruit-a-Friend program.
    Legends of Norrath
    Have your friend download the free game client and receive a starter pack and booster pack for the EverQuest franchise-based online trading card game

For full details, or to get started inviting all of your friends to join you in EverQuest, visit our Recruit a Friend page here. We look forward to seeing your friends, and we’re laying the welcome mat out for them!

* Experience bonuses work as follows:

When the recruitee is a lower level than the recruiter (and they are ungrouped) the following bonuses occur:
    The recruiter receives a 50% exp bonus.
    The recruitee receives a 200% exp bonus.
    When the recruitee is the same level or higher (and they are ungrouped) there are no exp bonuses.
    When the recruitee and recruiter are grouped, they receive the following bonuses (but only if there are within 1000 feet of each other in the same zone):
    The recruiter receives a 100% bonus.
    The recruitee receives a 300% bonus if lower level than the recruiter.
    The recruitee receives a 100% bonus if the same level or higher than the recruiter.

7/19/11 Two edits to clarify how certain experience bonuses work.

Message edited by Piestro on 07/19/2011 17:00:07.
    Report this post to a moderator

07/01/2011 15:03:21
    Subject: Re:Invite a Friend to Play EverQuest
    Buc

Defender

Piestro wrote:

Bonus Experience

Once your friend converts to a paying subscriber, you will receive bonus experience from that point forward.
    When grouped with your invited friend, receive up to double the normal experience during that adventuring time.
    If you are not grouped with your invited friend, you will still receive a 50% percent bonus to your adventuring experience.
    Group experience bonuses only apply if both players are within close adventuring proximity of each other.

So if the players aren't in "close proximity" (what does that mean? 100 range? the whole zone?), there is no bonus to anyone?
    Do they have to be close in level for this to apply?
    And this stacks with Lesson and other bonuses (double XP weekends and so on)?
    07/01/2011 15:08:11
    Piestro

Community Relations

The experience bonuses are permanent. In order to recieve the out of group experience bonus you still need to be in close proximity to the recruited friend. Level differences do not matter for the out of group proximity bonus, and it does stack with other experience bonuses. In addition the experience bonus for recruit a friend is applied after fellowship sharing.

Message edited by Piestro on 07/01/2011 15:09:54.
    Your browser does not support iframes. Iframes are a requirement to see a user's signature.
    07/01/2011 15:21:48
    Malacath

How long exactly does it take it to go from Trying game to Rewarded after a friend enters his credit card? its been 2 hours since mine said he entered his credit card and it still says trying game

09/12/2011 08:26:53
    Subject: Re:Recruit a friend. Can my friend cancel and I still get xp ?
    Piestro

Community Relations

The eligibilty for the bonus is permanent, however you still have to fulfill the criteria (depending on relative level of the characters) to recieve it. This involves both characters being logged on.

I found this , i am still looking for the end result where we were told that if we were subbed on FEB 26 our benefits would continue on permanantly as long as we stay subbed
  14. Moklianne Augur

"Gameplay is subject to change"

Would be nice if it was confirmed one way or another by a dev though. I would imagine its a bug though. Lots of rage quiting would ensue otherwise.
  15. fransisco Augur

I highly doubt any of them are gonna quit. They are just blowing smoke.
  16. savrin Augur

I was under the impression they took away the xp bonuses when RaF went away due to boxers exploiting it too much. I don't care if they quit they got bonus xp they did not deserve so its about time they got rid of it.
  17. Demendred Lorekeeper

1/18 mine worked this morning.
  18. maverick Elder

What do you mean "they did not deserve"
    RAF was paid for, RAF also did most of what it was intended for SOE, RAF generated more revenue.
    Also a bunch of people that would have let their box go silver after FTP have kept subbed (like myself) for the promised continuance of RAF bonuses as long as sub did not lapse.
    After a huge thread of complaints of how all RAF participants felt they were cheated(rightfully so in feeling this way after we were told this was a permanent bonus by Piestro,as indicated in the post of mine copied and pasted above, that caused many people to either sub alts or recruit actual friends who would have not subbed the alts or friends if they were not told beforehand that the bonuses would be permanent)
    After the thread of complaints by the RAF holding player base finally an agreement was reached and the upset was calmed.
    This was reached by telling the RAF participants that they would continue to receive the paid for permanent bonuses as long as all connected accounts that desired to keep the bonuses into the permanent(as promised) future were subbed on a day told to us by a member of SOE and did not lapse from there on out.
    I and all connected participants to me that wanted to continue on the RAF program have not let our subs fall from GOLD since yet our bonuses have fallen off.
  19. maverick Elder

I found it

02/13/2012 09:06:06
    Subject: Re:Re:RAF Program Stopped?
    Piestro

Community Relations

lonestar wrote:

anyone heard an anwer on if we can get the RAF status on an account that was not subscribed yet when they announced it was gone and so my friend didnt subscribe because the linkage and bonuses was gone?

I mean i sent him and Invite to play and we was playing to make sure he wanted to join and then the F2P and raf stuff come out and scared him away and he didnt subscribe before the 14 days so he is now lapsed. If he subscribes today since he is past his 14 day trial will the RAF bonus still apply?

Honestly in 14 days causual play he went from 1 to 35 then made a 51/50 and went to I think 73 and like 140 aa. No we are not rushing or anything but he was enjoying his time playing together but at the same point he was allowed to catch up very fast. Ideally he wants to play with me but without RAF bonus the way we play It could be a year getting him to my level of playing. RAf allows him to get the basics of his character and catchup within months. No he will not have 5000 aa like the rest of us but in terms of levels and being able to play current content he would still be able to enjoy time together.

The uphill burden has been the biggest reason he hasnt joined me yet and I have been trying to get him to play for a year. So thru this trial I was hoping to show him he could get caught up quick like say a month or 2 tops. Without RAF it would take 60 months the way we play to get him to a level to play with me and you say six months and he doesnt want to even attempt it.

RAF though abused is an awesome IDEA. He wouldnt even mind paying to get the RAF bonuses after it goes f2p so to be able to catch up and play.

If RAF opens up my little brother 29 was even going to come back and play. Sadly he learned about RAF to late. He left back in GoD and after talking recently thought He would like to give it a shot. I think his old toon was like 42 or something and with RAF bonus and the 51/50 option we explored Ideas of a 3 man group with our friend 3 nights a week.

Peistro can we get an answer please?

RAF benefits are being continued through a specific code exemption that will be put in place on a specific date, not a long term solution for the RAF program in general. It's just not compatible (for code reasons). We can't keep the current RAF program going (without rebuilding a huge portion of it).

This also means we need to allow any accounts currently in the RAF program a chance to cycle through. New accounts that started now would not necissarily have sufficient time to do so, creating even more problems down the road.

We'll have a new RAF program at some point in the future, what benefits it will offer I can't say. It'll be designed to work with Free to Play, in a way that the old program doesn't. We'll certainly post articles on the EverQuest website and forums, as well as probably send out emails when we do so.

Message edited by Piestro on 02/13/2012 09:10:16.
    02/13/2012 09:12:35
    Subject: Re:Re:RAF Program Stopped?
    Piestro

Community Relations

Piestro wrote:

Hey folks,

I've got some good news! JChan has put in a lot of time over the last week or so, both digging through code and working with other SOE teams to create a solution for the Recruit a Friend bonuses. RAF bonuses will be grandfathered in, but there are some fairly specific limitations in how we can do this so please read this thoroughly! We'll be reposting it, but I wanted to get this answer out to the folks in this thread as quickly as possible.

In order to be guaranteed eligibility for Recruit a Friend benefits after Free to Play, players will need to have been actively subscribed on 2/27/2012. We will take a snapshot of the program on 2/27/2012 and this list will be used to determine eligibility for Recruit a Friend benefits.

In order to receive Recruit a Friend benefits both the recruiter and the recruitee will need to have gold status. If either account slips from gold status, benefits will be suspended until both accounts are Gold again.

So there we have it folks, we've found a solution. Enjoy!

Thanks,

Reposting this for those who have missed it.

02/15/2012 14:04:53
    Subject: Re:Re:Re:RAF Program Stopped?
    Piestro

Community Relations

leeanni wrote:

You know, I don't believe the SoE folks know just how many new paying accounts they could add if they would just continue this program as it is. After reading all of the posts of many disappointed gamers, I think the amount of extra subscriber accounts would be quite large. Something for them to think about.

This was anticipated. However to make the benefits continue to work we need to stop new accounts from entering in the program so they are all in a final state by 2/27.
  20. Toquillaw Augur

The RAF program as they had it plus the Kronos would bring a lot of (paying) people into the game. Let's hope this is only temporarily broken.