Race Suggestions for Necro

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Brelic, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Brelic Elder

Was curious a long time ago people claimed iksar was the "best" race for a necro due to innate health regen? Is this still the case or does race really matter at this point in the game 18 years later?
  2. Tachyon Augur

HP regen has a very minor effect in EQ these days since it's so much easier to max. Plus, with tapping hp regen isn't as important as some make it to be. Choose the race you enjoy the most!
  3. Sakuraba Augur

Your regeneration for HP gets pretty much voided if you're using Lich Form/equivalent spells for the boosted mana regen anyways. I just go with the race that I like aesthetically with the class, so ended up on a Froglok necro myself.
  4. menown Augur

Iksars also get 50 foraging at level 1. This does stack with the AA increases you get later on. Iksars start at 100 swimming. Iksars regen and AC are also a big help as a low level necro. Higher levels, it does not make much of a difference due to stat inflation. Also there is no longer an exp penalty for being an iksar. Iksars and Dark Elves have the coolest helm models.
    Felicite likes this.
  5. fransisco Augur

gnome because its a gnome
  6. Outlander Engine Elder

Guktan:
    Frog color schemes
    Poison frog theme
    Backflip casting animation
  7. fransisco Augur

I am tempted to agree with the froglok.
    Look in guk - you can be one of them!
  8. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer