Race Change Potions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Basak, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Basak Augur

I have looked all over the place for the info I need for this, did searches on the forums, and with internet searches (google) and not found my answers. If anyone can point me in the right direction to find this info, or can provide the info, it would be appreciated.

When you change your races, what changes are in effect besides the racial ones? Obviously you become that race visually and you have the racial benefits (Troll Regen, Iksar AC for example) ..,

But what about stats? Would my 75 str gnome be a 75 str ogre? Or would it default to the basic ogre stats?

If I had put 20 points into dexterity on my Half Elf, and changed to dark elf, would that 20 points still be applied, or would it roll to the default of the class of that race? Or does the race change permit me to reapply the stats? Also, does it permit the changing of how the race looks, like will I get to change the visual of the new race as if I was making it new?

Lastly, I would assume there would be issues with factions. I assume all faction work would be reset, such as my Ally dragon faction monk would be reset to the default. Also I would assume that a Gnome that got allied to a lot of the city factions then changed to Iksar would reset those factions, which would mean my Gnome SK that is allied with Neriak would become KoS to Neriak since the factions would have been reset.
  2. Potsos76 Augur

I found this post from 2009. Not official, but it may help:

You can only change your race and deity to one of the race/deity combinations allowed for your class. You keep all of your faction settings except for the race/religion adjustments. You lose Tinkering if you switch from a Gnome to another race. There doesn't appear to be a way to choose your heritage if you become a Drakkin.

Although AAs and gear inflation have made racial differences less important over the years, for certain classes race/religion can still be significant. For example, Inny-worshiping Shamans/Clerics get a snare necklace, Ogres can't be stunned from the front (Shamans love it) and lizards have higher innate AC (tanks love it).
  3. Riou EQResource

Believe it just flips the base stats and the points you put into dex for example would apply to whatever you changed to

And Factions I believe also reset to default for that Race
  4. Basak Augur

So for example. if I got say +200 faction with a Human Monk. Race change to iksar, that faction would be what it would be as an iksar plus that +200 faction or would that faction reset and I would have to rework the +200?
  5. Vekinntiynn New Member

It resets the faction back to default. Your monk would be KoS to all factions that start as KoS to Iksar. The Iksar faction would be the default faction from a freshly made monk.
  6. Basak Augur

So even if I did the faction work on a Human Monk that would make an Iksar monk Non KoS it would still be KoS and I would need to do the work again?
  7. Vekinntiynn New Member

That is correct, it rests all factions for your character to default.
  8. Green_Mage Augur

I heard that it doesn't change your city origin or your deity when you race change...which is very stupid IMO. First of all it means you can do things like make a innoruuk Iksar or an Ogre of Mithaniel Marr. Secondly it kind screws certain race/deity combinations on deity-specific gear.

And finally, why? Why not just let people pick their deity allocate their stats and change their hometown? What does it really add?
  9. Umbraeques Lorekeeper

Not sure where you 'heard' this, but it's incorrect.

You get to pick your deity from those available to whatever class you are, and race you are changing to.

You get to pick from 2 starting home cities, Crescent Reach or the default for the race you change to (so Neriak for a DE, Cabilis for an Iksar, etc...) - this is the "Origin" location. Your main bind location does not change - its wherever you last had bind affinity cast on you. Though it does leave your secondary bind location to the starting location for your original race/class, which only really matters if you're a wizard or druid.

The only thing I don't recall getting to do is change the starting stats; but honestly with the gear available these days, a couple points in any one of those will make no difference at all anyway.
  10. Enigma Maitreya Augur

I am probably going to switch my Eurdin characters to Gnome as I am tired of not being able to get into places without an illusion or potion. One good spot enter Blackburrow from Everfrost, you can not get past the first turn right no matter what you do. Enter the Guild Hall and you can not get past the Gate thing again no matter what you do.

It is kind of a shame really as those characters have been that Race since EQ opened up for business. But it is just an enormous PITA.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

:eek: necro post! ahhhhh
  12. Anhari Augur

Well since someone necro'd this and I haven't had my 2copper:

Are you mounted when you are trying to get into these places? I find that even my High Elf has some problems in the Guild Hall if mounted.

Just get off your high horse, and unless you are wanting to kill Gnolls in blackb, then just run to the entrance to QH and then remount. Problem solved and you can continue to be Euridite (or is that Dantless? Can't remember!).
  13. Enigma Maitreya Augur

They were only examples of what I consider .... disconnects. I carry Shrink potions exclusively for the purpose of navigation.