Quinting vs Charming, when to switch?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Kraymerica, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Yea it is an 8 target limit. I'd really love to see that limit removed... The wind shouldn't stop blowing just because more than 8 mobs are present. It should have no target limit IMO. Then it would be more useful.

But I see lots of hate for WoW... I love it personally. Not a high priority but it is useful. Pull 5 mobs to group, Vinelash, Entrap one, Wall of Wind. Due to stacking, Entrap blocks WoW and it will punt the other 4 out of range and leave you the single entrapped mob. Paralytic spore and you can single another. Entrap/WoW will be up after those two die for another split, etc. I don't like lulls in grouping, I prefer pulling 20 mobs, vinelash locking them and doing this.

It also goes through walls which has its uses. To aggro mobs you can't see for example.

And yea for quint kiting, I would use it as a fast way to ball stuff up. Snaring each was too slow. So just aggroed 8 and WoW then kill. Aggro more when snare ends and repeat.
  2. Tarrin Augur

I guess I am just never in position to need to use it in the ways you list. I can def. see how it can be useful, I just haven't yet needed to use it in those ways.
  3. tinywolf1 Journeyman

Thank you Darchon for the info on WoW esp the cc stuff.

Pretty nasty bug (?) which can port all the mobs right back onto me, if, from personal experience only, I move too far from the mobs after I WoW them. I'm not a huge fan of that, I guess, feature (?).

I currently situate myself near the ship in EW, but I find myself running out of mobs sometimes, roamers included. Am I in the wrong place, or should I be more aggressive in expanding my camp and grabbing more distant mobs?
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

That bug is a warping issue.

Basically it means they get too close to you before you were able to land WoW on em. I would guess it has something to do with server lag. Something like.... "The distance the mobs would have covered in the 1second they are actually being pushed back by the spell, they would have reached your hitbox"

I have myself bound to the... east of the Ry'Gorr fort I believe. What I find is the more you try to expand the less you are casting cause you often get out of range of your mobs.
  5. Tarrin Augur

If you look at the map, I am most often in the area between the [zone in point and the npc "Kedd the Frostbitten"] and ["A Homesick Turmoil Toad"].

My kiting will be pretty fluid. I won't stay in one spot, constantly slowly moving my kite bunch to where I see more mobs.