Question to DBG - will mobs be re-nerfed later?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Weebles, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Asheran Augur

Actually, we have fewer mages than either Faceless or AD at this point. We haven't used petwalling to kill the queen bee, or any other mob, in quite some time.

That said, our kill with 63 was a bit more involved than just petwalling. That kill took more planning, prep time, and concentration than any other fight on TLPs thus far.
  2. iMugatu Elder

God help us if they increase the HP of the high-end Luclin bosses. Emperor/Lord/Vex Thal mobs all have ridiculous amounts of HP and bane-required weapons to even damage them already. They should stop buffing bosses at Velious. Hell Citizen could barely even kill Emp. If they buff those mobs, they may be un-killable.
  3. Asheran Augur

Even Velious mobs don't really need the health increase. The Kunark bosses effectively have ~160k health, when you factor in the mitigation. Avatar of War and Vulak both have ~800k.

Give Velious mobs a slight dmg buff (~30% maybe), and call it a day.
  4. lockjaws Augur

I just want to see the part where mobs have AE Rampage versus pets only. ;)
  5. Weebles Augur

Agree 100%. I still think that they should retroactively un-buff mobs down the road. Reverting Plane of Sky when Velious comes out would have no negative effects. It would allow people to enjoy the zones, as they once were, without needing 10+ groups of people to complete the content. Not everyone wants to raid with 60+ people.

Would greatly appreciate a dev response on this.
  6. Asheran Augur

I would go a step further, and say that the buffs should be removed as soon as the next expansion opens. When Kunark hits Lockjaw, there is no longer any real reason for classic bosses to have the buff. When Velious hits, Kunark no longer needs the buff.
  7. Weebles Augur

I mean I would vote for this personally, but I can see how it might irk some people when an xpac opens, 18 man teams are killing mobs that 24 hours ago it took an entire guild to down, and getting the same loot.

Let's be honest though. All the buffs really do is encourage you to bring even more people to the raid. Is an encounter really harder if the mob does double dps? Maybe a little, but all it really means in reality is that guilds bring twice as many clerics and decrease the time in the ch rot.

There is a subset of smaller guilds that want to experience unadulterated content without a giant raid force, at their own pace, 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 expansions behind. (It's the only option some of us have if we don't want to answer batphones).

Most of all, this change won't effect the end game guilds, because once the new xpac rolls around, they care much less about old world loot anyways. I legitimately don't see a downside to unbuffing.
  8. Weebles Augur

Bumping for response.
  9. -wycca Augur

Then you will want the buffs to stay.

These mobs are not hard, they don't require giant raid forces even now - let alone in 1-2-3 expansions.

The buffs also help make sure that some 6-boxer or farmer has to really work to get them dead, so that's another plus for them for smaller guilds raiding old content.