Question on Velazul Dragonbrood focus effects

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by JacLuc, Aug 27, 2018.

1. JacLuc Lorekeeper

The focus effect on the Velazul's Dragonbrood tunic does not seem to be working. At least, there is no message about it coming alive when I cast any of the spells in the Frozen Toxin line. I tried Frozen Toxin rk. 2 (didn't expect to work from the description on the item), frozen miasma rk. 3, frozen cyanin, frozen venin rk. 2, and frozen venom. Should there be a message saying the tunic comes alive indicating the focus is working from the velazul tunic on these spells? If I put on a scaled dragonbrood tunic, I see a message from Cyanin up to toxin.
  2. Jaylin Augur

They are different spell effects. From what i can tell only one would actually give any message (on the spell it focuses) One of them increases the base effectiveness which doesnt show focus i dont believe, the other is an actual focus which does

Velazul bp
    BST New Frozen Carbomate Damage 7
    Slot 1: Increase Base Spell Effectiveness by 7%
    Slot 2: Limit Spells: Frozen Miasma Poison
    Slot 3: Limit Spells: Frozen Carbomate Poison
    Slot 4: Limit Spells: Frozen Cyanin Poison
    Slot 5: Limit Spells: Frozen Venin Poison
    Slot 6: Limit Spells: Frozen Venom Poison Rk. I

Scaled group bp
    Slot 1: Increase Spell Damage by 7% (Before Crit)
    Slot 2: Limit Spells: Frozen Toxin Poison
    Slot 3: Limit Spells: Frozen Miasma Poison
    Slot 4: Limit Spells: Frozen Carbomate Poison
    Slot 5: Limit Spells: Frozen Cyanin Poison
  3. JacLuc Lorekeeper

OK, I was hoping there was a way to see if it was doing anything on the Frozen toxin level of the spell or if it stopped at frozen miasma. i guess I could parse with it on and off and compare damage totals, but then that wouldn't be exact without something close to it that just didn't have the effect on it. But thanks for the information.
  4. smash Augur

A specific focus that work on a spell serie will only work on that expansion or earlier spells. It has been that forever.

So eok bp will not worl on ros spell.