Question on "Dem Bones" collection in Chapterhouse

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Any hints on this one? ZAM says the items drop anywhere in the zone, from a list of mobs shown there. I've now killed about 30 of them, and no drops so far. Are the drops really that rare?
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Definitely mob dropped...I think I got all of mine from the downstairs area. But it's been awhile.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks.

Finally got some to drop, even on the main, top level. Have three now, of the eight, and two dupes already. The drop rate is pretty bad.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Any skeletons in the zone can drop it.

They aren't uncommon. As someone that did xp there, there is a reason I have like 80-90 of each of them on an alt atm.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Any skeleton? Per the ZAM pages for the individual items, none of the "of Marr" skellies are listed. I've killed about 25 of them, and haven't gotten any drops.

For the ones listed on ZAM, I went through almost 30 before i got my first drop, even from them. Since then, it's been about 1 in 8 mobs (about what I was expecting). Just had some bad RNG before that.
  6. Uuvin Augur

I also farmed the zone - in my case it was for oath of marr x 8. I found that this collection set dropped from the knights. I rarely went downstairs ( only if someone else was up top), so I cannot speak to drop rates and types down there. But for the upper floor, I also never got them from any of the Marr skellies. And that's why drop rate seems so low. If you could kill only knights it would feel better. If you are on Povar, send game mail to Shuraz and I will give you a set of 8 or whatever you still need. ( I have 70+ of each banked like yepmetoo)
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm on Tunare, so can't take you up on your generous offer.

I have been killing >mostly< just the non-"of Marr" mobs upstairs. I bought a bunch of IVU pots, so I can roam around the upstairs to get to just the mobs I want, with the occasional roamer getting in the way.

Wow! I just looked up Oath of Marr! You must have been there a very long time to farm 8 of them :)
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, just killed 19 more knight mobs, got 8 drops, including 4 of the 5 I need! Just the Pinky Toe is left, now.

The RNG giveth, and the RNG taketh away!