Question for elite raiders

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Natal Augur

If you are using things that push mobs around you might be maximising YOUR dps, but you are sacrificing raid dps in the form of lost melee swings, which is probably far more than what you are doing.

In short, don't do it. As a tank it is extremely annoying when some idiot is pushing your carefully placed mob over your head or in a bad direction, and they don't/won't understand the issues it causes. It is up there with the idiots who have their pet taunt on and then pretend it is the tank's fault/problem.
    Vumad likes this.
  2. Allayna Augur

Send me an in game email, we now have a “push” gina package, it’s amazeballz!
  3. Axel2 Journeyman

Those statements aren't contradictory at all. An enchanter and mage should melee the mob. If they push the mob out of range, they lose DPS from procs. If you push the mob out of melee range, you're screwing the raid. No push = more DPS. Those nukes might have more "damage" (like with the bard push nuke, not quite sure on the push abilities of those particular classes) but overall they will decrease the DPS of the raid.
    Though, theoretically, you could swap sides of the mob while melee-ing to keep the mob in 1 or 2 spots while using push nukes, but then you risk not hitting melee swings or lag could push the mob further than intended. In general though, it's not worth it to do that. Just use no push stuff knowing that you're doing the raid a huge favor.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

While that might be strange to say, it's actually true. One of our mages that is very big on maximizing DPS and parsing so he's one of my go-tos for maximizing my DPS. He said that Night's Endless Terror is actually more beneficial to cast on a caster than a melee type because of how our AAs affect the procs. I did pure melee on a mob using only procs with no NET and was doing almost 10k DPS while procing nukes as high as 100k, before I was raid geared, with no bard or druid and without all my twinproc AA. I have to admit I was shocked.
    Tucoh likes this.
  5. Cailen Augur

I only use it with certain tanks that I know can hold agro because of the ridiculous taunt dopple's have. On average they add about a million damage for me and I never use poly nuke on raid or anytime really.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Ralaifin. Stratos. Smoke. Esianti. Empyr. Aalishai. Mearatas.

Every Raid in TBL is in the open or disallows pinning mobs. The "pin to wall" strat is becoming extinct it would seem.

Just don't use push on raids. Ever. And offenders should get one warning. Then get booted from raid.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You spelled "doorway" wrong, Bobby.