Question for caster vets.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sinistersrage, May 25, 2016.

1. Sinistersrage New Member

so played a enchanter wasn't my cup of tea don't get me wrong good class but kept dying solo is there a class out there that is good survivability, yes I know enchanters are suppose to be and at times I was great but wouldn't necros or mages be better for a solo non boxer player?
  2. Xikteny Augur

If you had major problems surviving as an enchanter, you might be disappointed with the survivability of other casters.
    Geri_Petrovna, Vdidar and Sindaiann like this.
  3. Sinistersrage New Member

I did well at times even kept runes up but at times would run into a lot of mobs that would be where I would hunt a lot not mezzable or couldn't charm that being said a lot of times I would do great I've read some posts that have said necros and mages are great solo casters. I've seen some awesome enchanters which is why I wanted to make one but also have seen some awesome necros and mages .
  4. Sinistersrage New Member

5. Sindaiann Augur

Necros if played right are very strong. That said it takes alot more effort and work to play a necro than it does an enchanter. I have zero problem tanking anything group related in tbm, including all named.
  6. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Necro's have always been considered to be the alpha solo'r. I see no reason to dispute this.

Chanters and Bards are only as good as their last song/charm.

A piece of advice I have seen many posters over the years claim their "blah" never has troubles. Sounds great until it is revealed they only fight LOW Light Blue / Green con mobs.

So their statements are 100% true they don't have problems.

In the end the class that fits your perception of how you want to play and your "realistic" expectations of playing will determine what class will perform best for you.
    Sinistersrage likes this.
  7. Sinistersrage New Member

tried the necro with his dots and fd,sit,cloak of shadow kite moves last night ok im liking this
  8. Arcainos Augur

It's looking like you're trying to judge these caster classes after too little play. Your first post asking about chanters was the same day as the post about you trying out the necro class.

I would take a look at the skill sets, what you want to do in the game, and stick with a class for at least a month before deciding which one you want to commit to.

Unfortunately, a level 1, or even a level 85 heroic toon, is not that great an indication of class potential.

There are enchanters out there that seemingly haven't been killed in years, same with wizards, mages, and necros. A well played caster is an incredible thing. Except for mages (jk).
  9. Sinistersrage New Member

so the kiting is easy mode encroaching darkness AA start off then burn them down with like 9 dot spells FD at times sit/cloak of shadows right behind one another get space refresh DoTs seems to me the main job is to not get touched in turn pet can tank it a good bit with J5 healer assisting keeping me and pet alive.
  10. Sinistersrage New Member

I have played my old enchanter for over a year so not just playing a small bit and quitting my question was what vets thought was a good solo able caster class exclude chanters cause I've played them
  11. Critts Augur

I think all classes have a good ability to solo. There are some stand outs tho. NEC is probably the best out of all casters for solo, but like the enchanter the NEC will run into problems with some names or areas or even zones ( less then the Chanter tho). Mages come in a close second because they are tuned to be more social. A wiz can kill pretty much anything as long as it doesn't summon and you can root it or at least snare.
  12. Ravengloome Augur

If you didn't like an enchanter's ability to solo, I think perhaps the problem lies within how/what you were doing.

I can't think of a many if any things in recent content a chanter couldnt solo more easily than a necro.

But good luck on the necro or whatever.
  13. gotwar Gotcharms

Enchanter is, by far, the best solo class in the game.

If you are looking for a "less squishy" caster class... Roll paladin.

Trolling aside... It sounds like you should just pick something you like and get it to the level cap. Learning your class well and enjoying it matters far more than how well you can solo.
  14. Siddar Augur

Enchanter = Superman, Necromancer = Batman, Mage = Spiderman of soloing/moloing.

Play the one you like most but in raw power it isn't even close as to which ones is the strongest.
    gotwar and RPoo like this.
  15. Xikteny Augur

But everyone knows Batman can beat up Superman. :p
    Sancus likes this.
  16. Geri_Petrovna Augur

Monk. Aquaman of soloing. We can't even molo 4 mobs at the same time.
  17. Nolrog Augur

Wizards solo really well too.
  18. Riou EQResource

So you are saying monks are useless? :p
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I'll read your posts when you start playing the sentence and paragraph class :)