Question about the Firiona Vie server transfer.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by sentry76, Nov 10, 2012.

1. sentry76 New Member

My son has a character on the Firiona Vie server and mine is on the Bertoxx (saryrn) server. I did the 15$ monthly fee so I have a gold account. My question is if the support knowledge base article is still correct that I can move a character from the Bertoxx (saryrn) server to Firiona Vie for free. I am bringing up the server transfer window with "/servertransfer" choosing a name and it says I can't transfer to Firiona Vie only the Zek server. If anyone has any ideas what I'm doing wrong please let me know. Thanks.
  2. Trajet D'Or Augur

Most likely it's saying name taken on the FV server, you have to pick a new name in that field possibly adding an s or double vowel to your name or simply using it as a free name change to something completely different.
  3. Tobynn Augur

ServerTransfer window shows Zek as the only server to which Free transfers are currently available. The window includes a column Free Transfer and Firiona is marked No. Character name availability is irrelevant -- its still indicating pay to transfer to FV. There are a few special ruleset servers where transfers are prohibited or otherwise restricted, but Bertox isn't one of them.

One-way transfers to FV are supposed to be free, iirc.
  4. Soriano Augur

Apparently this was recently changed...I just confirmed Firiona Vie is now marked No in the Free Transfer column...and it was maybe 2 weeks ago I moved another toon over to FV...so it is very recent...probably last patch...
  5. sentry76 New Member

Just received a response to my petition .

I understand that you are trying to transfer your character to Fironia Vie using the /servertransfer command. Unfortunately, in the most recent game update, the policy was changed so that free transfers to Fironia Vie are not available anymore. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. However, you are still able to transfer your character to the FV server using a Character Transfer Token available in the Marketplace. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again!

Cordially,
    GM Aerulyn

Sony Online Entertainment, LLC
    Everquest
  6. yaddab Augur

Wow, nice to get a little notice
  7. Tobynn Augur

pwnd!

Seems someone forgot to give the playerbase the high sign. You'd think this would be the sort of thing to warrant a patch note, or a forum announcement, or a deadline, or any sort of heads up. Nope, nope, nope, and nope.

Knowledge base article regarding character transfers needs a rewrite, particularly the statement about there being no expiration date on free transfers to FV. Article shows it was last updated ten days ago -- find it hard to believe the decision was made and new policy shoved live with a patch the following week.
  8. Trajet D'Or Augur

Good to know the changes they made to increase the population of the FV server worked.
  9. Goranothos Augur

Rather odd that there was no announcement of any kind regarding this.

Are FV transfers still permanent, or can we now transfer off FV with a transfer token? I'm guessing it is still a one way trip, due to the loot rules on FV.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

glad i got the free transfers a little over a month ago would been nice though if they would of told people ahead of time that fv wouldnt be free anymore but if they did that probably lose money (sad but true)
  11. Dalmoth Journeyman

Hacked accounts were getting transferred, gear turned into plat, plat into cash. This is why it is no longer a free transfer.
  12. Buds Augur

So the hackers won't spend $20 to transfer the account? The thing I get upset about us all these stealth changes. At least put this stuff in the patch message!!
  13. Makavien Augur

There was one maybe 2 account hack that happened a couple weeks ago but the gms undid the trades that people including myself purchased in game items from. Maybe there was some people that spent real money on it and lost out but they gave the plat back in the trade undoing.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

Purchasing SC requires knowing the Credit Card Security Code every time you do it, unless they were just using built-up station cash.
  15. Kilzit New Member

Moved a few of my toons over until i found a guild i liked,ready to move the rest over but now i cant? If id known this i wouldnt of moved.