Question about Silver level character slots

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Falari, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Falari New Member

I've been with EQ (off and on) since Kunark. After a sizable absence, I'm back, but I have a question regarding the number of characters I can have. The FAQ says this:

I had eight characters before (all created more than three years ago). The way I read it, I'll be able to play any of those eight characters, BUT I won't be able to make any new ones unless I a) buy enough character slots, or b) delete enough of the eight that I'll come in under the 4 character limit of Silver (or of course, c) upgrade to gold). Is this correct?
  2. Borek-VS Augur

Sounds about right. I haven't tried deleting on a Silver account, but certainly you can access all old characters. I suspect that deleting works in the same way as if you have more characters than the limit due to server merges, in which case slots won't become available until you have deleted to below the Silver limit.
  3. Tharrg Augur

you are correct you will be able to play all of them.. as long as they were past level 10.. when the wipe occured years ago that wiped all characters below level 10
  4. feiddan Augur

First, welcome back!

To answer your question: that is correct.

You can't create any new characters unless you are below your current limit, but none of your preexisting characters will be deleted and you are free to play them at your leisure.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Just so you know, you will have to actually use the scroll bar and click on the character you want to play with your mouse. The game will only allow you to arrow through 4 (or however many character slots you have bought); but it will allow you to play all of the characters which were grandfathered in; but as feiddan and the others said to make new characters you would have to delete down to below 4 to create them; and any characters created after EQ went F2P would not be playable unless you were to purchase more character slots, so that they are equal to or greater than the number of characters you have.