Question about Prestige Items

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by MAllen22842, Apr 16, 2014.

1. MAllen22842 New Member

My wife and I just started playing again after quite a long break (about 3 to 4 years). We are silver members. My question is about Prestige Items. Are we, as Silver Members, still unable to get the full benefit of equipping a prestige item? And, how does that work? In that the entire item's stats are not applied when equipping it?

Thanks. :)
  2. moogs Augur

That's right. It's like wearing nothing in that slot.
  3. MAllen22842 New Member

So only Gold Members benefit?
  4. Crystilla Augur

Yes. When the game went free to play, SoE had to determine what benefits gold gets versus what benefits are no longer available if someone stops paying the way they used to. Gear is one of those areas.

That said, the first tier (and in some cases first 2 tiers) of each expansion's gear is wearable by non prestige members. So for example, if you are wearing the tier 4 SoD gear, you could wear tier 1/2 of SoD (but why go backwards!) or you can wear Tier of Underfoot or Tier 1 of House of Thule or Tier 1 of Veil of Alaris or Tier 1 of Rain of Fear or Tier 1 of Call of the Forsaken (depending which expansion you have). And for some of those expansions you can wear Tier 2 as well (but tier 1 is attunable which is why I mentioned it since it can be traded and purchased in bazaar).

Augment wise, HERE is a full list of all level 70+ augs in game that are not prestige.
    moogs and MAllen22842 like this.
  5. moogs Augur

Unfortunately. I feel it's the largest drawback to having a free account. But it's free, so there isn't too much room to complain. Coming back Silver is the way to go. Takes a while to get used to all the changes and get back in the swing of things. It's like an extended free trial. Welcome back.