Question about kunark gear..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by captnstudy, Sep 16, 2015.

1. captnstudy Lorekeeper

I was just wondering if the planar armor is still going to be better than the majority of the Kunark class-specific gear. If I remember correctly, the gear only has AC on it except for the chest and legs.. so outside of tanks, where AC is usually king, is it planar armors pretty much best in slot in kunark too?
  2. Jaxarale01 Augur

Some of the planar armor is crap compared to regular gear. Planar boots compared to GEBs come to mind off the top as an example. Pretty much you will need to do a piece by piece for you toon and compare. If your maxed int/wis and the group hear has mana then I would go mana etc.
  3. Urshulgi Augur

My question about Kunark gear mainly has to do with the auction channel. Half the people are selling Lamentation, Bloodpoints, fungal tunic, fungal staff, jade mace, all for laughable prices.

There are some really good weapons from easy camps that aren't being sold. Jarsath Trident, for example. Feels like there is no middle ground for weapons and gear on sale right now. It seems like the highest priced pieces are being overfarmed, because I'll usually see the same guy auctioning that expensive lamentation for the entire 3-4 hours that I'm on in one session. Cane of the Tranquil=750, and there are loads of them. Everything else seems to start at 5000 and only goes up from there.

I think I'll wait a week or two before the auctioneers start trying to undercut each other and the prices naturally go down. Apparently mages can't use bloodpoints or lamentation, and the box groups overestimated the demand for weapons that are primarily useful to classes that aren't overpopulated on RAgefire.
  4. Jaxarale01 Augur

Well the prices have dropped considerably just in the first week. Day 1 people were trying to get 10 krono on a fungi tunic Lammy etc...
    Fungi is now 2 krono all day, you still see an outlier trying for 4 but they are usually laughed at and drop their price to the going rate.

I would give it a week or so and things will have bottomed out pretty much. But you have to be ready because thats when they start with the fake: wtb fungi paying 5 krono from their second third and forth accounts to artificially inflate the price back up.
  5. Rhodz Augur

So grab your wallets and lets go play buy some EQ...
    Meh
  6. Urshulgi Augur

I've been warned about this tactic. I'll guess I'll just politely explain to them that one guy auctioning fungal for 2 krono and another guy auctioning wtb fungal for 4 krono can't be spamming the same auction channel without real buyers experiencing cognitive dissonance.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Never buy gear early on in a new expansion the prices are always crazy and come down like a rock in 2 weeks.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.