Question about Kael 2 raid sacrifice mechanic

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Fian Augur

Kael 2 raid is very similar to the Kael group mission with some additional mechanics. One of them is a sacrifice mechanic. A banner shows up and the raid is asked to sacrifice one person by clicking on the banner. If no one clicks, I think I have seen between 3 and 5 random people killed in the raid instead. So that is the basics, however I have noticed some other things after clicking.

First time I clicked it told me I was not worthy and weak for volunteering. 2nd time it rejected my sacrifice entirely killing 5 other people besides me. Is there a way to be viewed worthy? I wasn't called to bend the knee in the upper section - would that have made me worthy? Also, is there a way I could volunteer a 2nd time? Could two people alternate on clicking, or is it click only once for the duration of the raid?
  2. Fullwin Journeyman

Once you've sacrificed yourself once on the raid, you can't do it again or it's considered a failure. I'm not sure if the list resets if the raid resets, as I haven't seen that happen yet. Main things to be careful of are to remove any "Second Chance" type abilities that don't let you die (so not good for priest classes to click) and to make sure you don't get rezzed back in until the success message is given (I think it's he "acknowledges your sacrifice" or something like that).

I don't about the text that you saw the first time, but if you died from clicking and five others didn't then that's a success I would think, maybe just some flavor text.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The not worthy and weak thing is normal. Run up, die, wait until you get the all clear message before taking your rez.

Not looking forward to doing the no sacrifice achievement more than once, not gonna lie.

And yeah, you can only sacrifice yourself once each event. We use bards, then monks if it gets that far.
  4. Axxius Augur

The fail mechanic that happens when you fail to duck in the first part of the event, or when you fail the sacrifice and 5 random people are selected to get killed - it's just some scripted damage. You don't die when you use runes, cleric aura, growth and w/e other means of increasing EHP. That's why casters can ignore the duck emote. And when you fail the sacrifice you often see less than 5 people die.

This design flaw was pointed out on beta but never fixed.
  5. Magickon Augur

Have you guys knocked out the achievement where no one sacrifices themselves? It's some grade-a . Seems like it's the worst designed achievement requirement I've seen in a while.
  6. Axxius Augur

Agree on the worst design: 6 sacrifices = 30 deaths to get the achievement.

But the implementation is flawed, and you can have your Enchanters put runes on the entire raid before pushing the boss to the fixed % where he wants the sacrifice.