Question about EoK AA --Companion's Aggression

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mell, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Mell Journeyman

Silly question I know,but what does this AA do actually??

Is it just another crappy AA that increase pet's ATK
    or
    Is it the super AA that increase 50 more damage point in every hit of pet's melee attack??
  2. Derka Power Ranger

3. IblisTheMage Augur

I would argue that you need all the atk you can get on the pet, if you are using the pet to tank, since aggro generation will be very important.
  4. Brohg Augur

Atk has nothing at all to do with agro. Not even the slightest little bit.

Atk does increase the damage done, pretty solidly. It doesn't directly increase damage per hit; what it does is make the pet hit on the higher end of its range of damage more frequently.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Won't an increase in the damage done increase the aggro generated?
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

Also my thoughts. I didn't mean direct aggro, I meant bumping up pet dps, and generating aggro that way.
  7. Felicite Augur

Most recent source I could find with quick Google - https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/understanding-taunt-and-aggro-tables.222853/

If the above is true, aggro is based on "stock" weapon damage times swings - not "actual" damage. Meaning ATK would not help.
  8. Brohg Augur

That's correct. Hits that do actual 0 damage generate as much as multi-thousand damage ones. This isn't "just a theory", it's standard practice to tank Emperor in Temple of Ssraeshza with non-bane weapons. It's also the big trick behind every warrior class weapon since The Buried Sea expansion - warrior weapons have a tiny tiny edge in ratio over regular 1h weapons IF you count +elemental Dmg stat as full. Which it certainly doesn't for actually dealing damage, but totally does for agro per swing.
  9. Tucoh Augur

Good to know, thanks.