Question about classes and new server

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by samirish, Apr 24, 2017.

1. samirish New Member

As a new player, looking to start on the new TLE sever thats coming out next month, can you tell me do the classes play differently there than they do currently?
  2. Tachyon Augur

Not really, xp rate will be a bit slower and some spells won't be available for a while but basically the classes play the same. If you want to experiment, start a new one on Ragefire to Lockjaw as opposed to a live server which has considerably different zone and travel options.
  3. Fluid Augur

Main difference between TLP and regular servers will be equipment. On a regular server the equipment you have just by completing the Tutorial will be good enough to make you comfortable all the way to level 50. Some of the casters like Druids can even melee a bit on a regular server but would have trouble on a TLP server with era appropriate items. So a Necromancer on a regular server will be in trouble if they don't manage the hate they generate properly, but it is lights out if they do it on a TLP server. Everything is faster then you and it is a lot like trying to wrassle a Hill Giant naked. There is a much narrower list of items that become essential to work effectively.
  4. Razzle Augur

Main differences are 1. Transportation is considerablely harder on the new server till PoP comes out. 2. Gear is much more limited and harder to come by than on live. The classes should play the same as on live, just exp differences.
  5. Phiyre Augur

You will be a lot more weak and die much more easily if you are not careful. The defiant armor that drops at low lvls was as good/better in some cases than "twink" gear. I made a mage on a live server, twinked him a bit and filled the other slots w/ defiant armor. I got some buffs and went to blackburrow at lvl 3 I think it was. I was able to aoe easily. If something ran off, I didn't fear the train it would bring, rather, bring it on and save me the time to pull.. Contrast that to when I first started this game (closer to the progression server I think). I recall when I first started playing eq, a single scrawny gnoll gave a tough fight at an even con.. Taking the reds wouldn't have even been an option solo.
    Transport will involve running or getting a port when there are enough high lvl druids/wizards. Running across west karana w/o sow is quite the run.. Not to mention making that run at night as a barbarian.. I can hear that darn hill giant but can't see him.. wtf!?! lol..
    Another big thing will be the aa grind once that happens..
    No hell levels at least :D