question about Artisan's Prize (the true epic)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by bazinga, Feb 2, 2017.

1. bazinga Elder

I havent looked real hard in other forums since i'm lazy and most of the time i drift off on someone elses rant and stop looking. Is there a actual confirmed rate for evolving the finished product...do you have to take all TS's to 350 before it's maxxed or is there some special formula for advancing it?
  2. MrMajestykx Augur

Skills to 350 yes....reading on all of it? is all over the place, finding new recipes to advance skill etc...it will make your eyes bleed and require more work then I personally am willing spend, again imo its ridiculous the time sink all will need. I know some have done it and God bless them for it, but I believe personally I have gone as far on it as I m prepared to go.
  3. Gelido Lorekeeper

^ Yea i agree, not gonna any further, TS is not for me, i get bored from it way to easily, but i do applaud those who have completed it or trying to complete it.
  4. Schadenfreude Augur

I believe that each skill point you gain in any tradeskill over 300 is kept track of and when you reach certain breakpoints the augment improves a little bit. I think 18 was the first time I noticed an increase.
  5. Triconix Augur

I'll work on it slowly, but I don't play enough to grind it out as some people do. I definitely agree that TSing is about as fun as poking myself with hot needles.

I don't have enough time to invest in this game anymore. It's kind of silly requiring somebody to work that many hours just to max out an item. I used to be fine with it when I was a kid, but now I realize it's asinine. It takes me at least a few days of camping aug mobs to get a single damn aug. Heck, I've been camping the 1h damage aug for around 20 hours total and have seen him a grand total of once and he didn't drop it (I need at least 3 of the augs). I essentially need every aug in the expansion 3-4 times to complete everything for myself and my group mates. At this rate alone I' may be done next expansion release as I may play an average of an hour or two a day. Now you want me to farm thousands of TS components to get 25ac and 200hp on an aug?! No thanks.

I see people are taking hundreds of hours farming TS stuff yet claim they aren't playing that much...yeah, okay, I believe you!
  6. Gelido Lorekeeper

Honestly those who do put the time and effort into completing this i sincerely applaud, i wish i had the patience for TS but unfortunately i maxed Tailoring and Alchemy and called it a year. Been playing for a long time and i barely maxed those two just recently last year. If EQ survives another 10-20 years MAYBE ill be able to max them lol.
  7. roth Augur

25 AC, 200 HP, and 20 in all Herics. Its a display bug that shows you getting all your Heroics on the item, but the actual, correct, capped amount is actually added to your stats when you equip whatever earring you have it in. That means that at the 75% base cap, you are getting 60/80 of each Heroic.

I'm going to work on it, eventually. I've got too much else to do right now.
  8. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I'm feeling unmotivated to work on this aug myself, but I do really like items like this that reward a long term investment, like the Tears of Alaris. It's something that can be worked on and slowly improve for a long time, and will also last for a long time.
    MrMajestykx and moogs like this.
  9. GoldenFrog Augur

Do not conflate the 3 stages of this aug:
    * Acquiring it
    * 75% strength (tradeskills at 300)
    * 100% strength (tradeskills at 350)

Acquiring the aug isn't necessarily trivial, depending on your PoP and other progression status.
    The effort to get tradeskills to (or close to) 300 each isn't that major in today's world.

Those two steps to get by far the best aug in the game at ac75 + equal stats.

The additional step 3 - to nudge it higher is inarguably less reward. Takes a special someone to work that.

But don't let this stop you from getting the it in the first place.
    Drusi likes this.