Questing Questions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by SFC(R)Escovedo, Apr 27, 2020.

1. SFC(R)Escovedo Journeyman

Greetings All,

I am a level 110 Monk and have not done many quests at all! I know it’s called Everquest! So I want to do them now that I have reached my goal and will be doing 100% AA exp now. While I quest. The only problem is there are tons of quests out there and I prefer to do the quests that will help improve my monk, plus I don’t want to overlook any really good ones! So what do you all think? I don’t need the details just quest names as I can look up what to do for each quest. Thank you for your time and any input you may have!
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions, but if you want to get cracking while you wait for specific ideas I recommend reviewing your achievements window in game (/ach).

There are a variety of quests/achievements in very old content that have some decent rewards, but primarily you want to start looking in House of Thule and beyond. You will notice that there are achievements for quest chunks, completing missions, completing whole zones' progress and more. Depending upon the expansion, many of the underlying achievements also tell you what npc gives a particular quest in that zone.

If you explore the achievement system you will find (in no particular order):

• Bag rewards (bag sizes progress in each expansion and further to the point where current content offers 44-slot bags for certain achievements).
    • Heroic advancement rewards (alternate abilities that appear on your "Special" AA tab . . . these start around Call of the Forsaken).
    • Trophy rewards.
    • Housing item rewards, including larger storage crates.
    • Experience rewards.
    • Gear rewards (this was in a few expansions, then they seemed to stop . . . Rain of Fear for example has a lot of them tied to collections).
    • Augment rewards.
    • Illusion rewards.
    • Mount rewards.
    • Special click-effect rewards (check Rain of Fear and Call of the Forsaken for some examples).
    • More.
    In short, check out your achievements, and scroll through until you find something you want to work towards. I would recommend starting on the newest content you can easily complete for the best bang for your buck, then work backwards for things that you want to do.
    SFC(R)Escovedo likes this.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

The best thing you can do to get the strongest you can is to ding 111 then do ToV progression. The entire merc/partisan, which will get you to 115.

Other than that, if you want to play in the EoK/ROS expansions, you should work on essence of the dragon which is from the EoK progression arc.

If you want to get into Veshan's Peak in RoS, you need to do the RoS progression. You don't have to have EoTD from EoK to do RoS, but it's hard to do it without it. You are basically useless in End of Empires without EoTD.

TDS has locked zones too, which you can do progression to get into those if you like.

TBM has a mirror fragment which is quick, which you need to get around in TBM,

The chase items in TBL require numerous ACH covering a bunch of expansions. If you want those, you can work on that stuff.

The TS earring from RoS and ToV require tradeskills, so you can work on tradeskills.

Not sure if the monk epic has any value.
    SFC(R)Escovedo likes this.
  4. SFC(R)Escovedo Journeyman

These are all great tips! I’m going to be questing for a hot minute thanks to you folks. Thank you very much!