Quest Journal needs Updated!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Braveheart, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Braveheart Augur

I would like to see a "Zone" tab and allow sorting by zone. If possible add the Quest Giver's Name.

Task Title ---------- Time Left ---------- Zone ---------- NPC
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I totally agree it would be improved with the suggestions you recommend. Especially being able to see at a glance and sort tasks by either the zone in which you got the task, the zone in which most of the task is to be performed, or the zone in which the current task step is at, would be a huge improvement.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd also like to be able to sort as to how long I have had the task. So new tasks appear at the top or bottom, depending on how you sort them.

Definitely need to be able to sort by zone, I have tasks open in a few zones and it is a pain in the rear end to keep having to open each task to see if there is anything in them to be done while I am there. Especially as many of the tasks these days make you go to multiple zones. So zones need to be sortable not just by the zone the quest came from, but by open steps as well.

More quest slots would be a bonus as well, especially with how many kill tasks there are in Shard's Landing.
  4. Nolrog Augur

Quest journal updates is one that I've been talking about for a very long time. EQ2 actually has a very good quest journal; they should use that as a guide.

Tell me what quests have an element in the zone I'm in, so that I can do those steps while I'm there. Sorting by zone is useful as well; I may go to the zone where I have the most quest parts to do.

Make it so that when I kill something that I need an item from, the quest journal automatically checks for the update without me looting another piece for my inventory. There are some quests that do this now, but from what I understand, they are tricked to do that with some scripting (and scripting can always break.)
  5. Brogett Augur

Completely agree. I do a /feedback on this each and every beta, if not more often. I encourage more to do the same.