Quest: "It's Getting Hot in Here" in The Cooling Chamber

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Birlic, May 3, 2021.

1. Birlic New Member

Could a dev please check if this quest is still working as intended? I cannot get the first step to update (which is just being at a certain location).
    I've spent about a dozen hours walking around the zone, with an emphasis on the room above and the vicinity of the west lake. I dropped and restarted the quest several times, walking with and without invis and / or levitation, taking baby steps and standing still for a minute at many different locations, zoning to Pellucid Grotto and then back in, and so on.
    I also went over all comments posted at on Allakhazam and EqResources and tried every single listed location and idea - none of them worked.
    Any help / hints appreciated - thanks!
    asdfqwerasd, Toukan and Mukkul like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

When I did this I had to switch from run to walk, only when I was at walk speed was I able to get to the right update locations given in the Community websites (ZAM/EQResource), I took off levitate too as I know this can sometimes interfere with updates like these.

The location updates in this zone are pretty funky and can take a lot of effort to actually get, zone lag can be a critical factor here too, the busier the zone is the worse it gets.
  3. Birlic New Member

Thank you for the hint - switching from run to walk and dropping levitation indeed made it work.
    It must be that the location for the task update needs to be visited with quite some precision - I had been through that same location several times before and the update did not happen until I did what you suggested.
  4. Jogath Journeyman

I am having serious problems getting this quest to work on Mangler. I cannot get past the first step. Can a dev confirm that the recent UF unlock on Mangler does not have an issue with this quest?

Edit: I have tried every trick and tactic listed on Alla's, EQResource, and here. Literally nothing has worked. I am not the only one who is stuck, and I am unaware of anyone on the server who has completed this mission.
  5. error Augur

Yeah, none of the workarounds work. Spent hours trying everything people suggested with no luck. Then a new pick spawned and all I did was run up to the spot at full bard speed and properly got both updates on multiple characters with no effort. Seems to me there's not a trick to it, the zone just bugs out and stops triggering updates at some point.
  6. Scottieg New Member

anyone else have any pointers on this as I have been trying this now for two days with no luck.
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Go to the area of each location (invis).

Make sure there is an "a traitorous laborer" basically right next to the location.

Kill the mobs there, invis, go to the next spot.

After the above steps, when there is "a traitorous laborer" nearby, get close to the location and drop invis, lev, RS buffs, (I don't recall if shrink helps or hurts). WALK to the location and wait for the emote. Do this ALONE on ONE character at a time. Ungrouping may help, just have the invite ready.

Do this for every location suggested.

The quest has several issues (not bugs, per say, but very finicky). Like several other quests you may come across down the road, this is a "solo" quest and having a group full of characters on the same step can cause issues. So.. you basically have to do this for one character at a time (at least up to getting this update).

The location to trigger the emote is small. Z axis can affect it, but not always (depends on height distance and character model). Walking and no RS buff just makes it easier to hit the sweet spot.

If someone else triggered it and ran or had multiple characters on the step, it can break things.. hence killing everything around the location(s) FIRST to ensure a clean slate.
  8. asdfqwerasd Journeyman

i just finished completing this on my 6 box crew. i started on 3/30 and finished the last one on 4/8.

i only got more than one completion per 24 hour period once and this was at two different spots, the rest were only once every 24 hours or longer and the longest period between completions was 3 days.

5 out of the 6 were at the open camp by the lake where the reagent mixing chambers are located. 1 was by the named donan twest. 0 were by eldaa.

i tried staying and killing non stop for 8-10 hour sessions and the only time i ever got it to progress was after camping and coming back after a period of time. the last two i never killed anything except the traitorous when it aggroed.

i did find out that you dont need to kill the traitorous that aggros to progress that step you can kill any traitorous worker once it is on that step.

my recommendations to those going after this task is to come once a day, visit the spots mentioned and if the task does not progress pretty much immediately come back and try the next day. that doesn't mean this is the only way to do this task successfully, however, if i ever do it again that is how i will proceed.