Quest item updates

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Azorus, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Azorus New Member

I've noticed for multiple quests that if I already posses a quest item before accepting the quest the progress will be 0/X. For example I'm trying to do the pottery tradeskill quest in Crescent. I need 20 parts to turn it in. The quest giver gives me the exact number of items to make all 20 and no more. Out of the 20 I'll have about 12 completed parts after failures. I can't get more parts unless I remove the quest and accept it again. I get 20 more components but the 12 parts I already made don't count towards my progress. I also tried putting the completed parts in the bank, accepting the quest, and getting the parts from my bank, but that didn't do it either. Is their something I'm doing wrong?

My pottery skill is capped for my level so getting 100% success isn't really an option.
  2. Brudal Augur

You should ask for more [supplies] from the quest giver.
  3. Azorus New Member

Well that did the trick, thanks. But how was I supposed to know that? Are there a lot of hidden things like that in the game? I have a feeling this will be a long journey...
  4. Riou EQResource

I believe the NPC mentions it after you get the task?
  5. stuermchen Elder

yes the NPC says something like "If you Need more [supplies] ..." etc
  6. Azorus New Member

Ahh I see now, you are right. I just need to pay more careful attention.
  7. Brudal Augur

Using the Blacksmith trade skill NPC as an example:

It does provide the information for requesting more supplies.

How many chat boxes do you have? It is possible you missed the information you needed if things like general or ooc chat was going to the same window and caused it to scroll off your screen. You can filter portions of chat to new windows if needed. Right click the bar of a chat window, you should see the option to create a new window; from that window you can right click and filter chat types to it. Hope this helps.