Quest-ion: (DRUID) an epic request... prequest question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shambala, May 5, 2014.

1. Shambala Journeyman

Ok so before we start i have ready every word on both allah and eqresource pages for this quest.

here are dem links:
    Allakhazam's guide
    EQ Resource's guide

So here is the problem:

when i go to the spot on the map my screen goes yellow and red > i get assigned "Path of the Unkempt" (which is a prequest to "Nature Walker" to get the seed i need to take in to the river)> i talk to 'Sara Treewind' got the update >talk to 'Nolan Greenwood'... no update

all it says on resources and allah is "go through his text" or "follow his dialog" i did that and nothing happened... a few other people posted having this issue on allah if you scroll down but no one posted an answer. but people have gotten past this part as recently as April 2014.. so i don't think the quest is broken. but I'm missing something.

and yes i have the pic with me (an equipped though i don't think that's important), my faction is indifferent, and i am not invised or have a merc/anyone else in my group.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I have no idea how to help you on this. You have both "An Epic Request" and "Path of the Unkempt" in your quest window? And you are working on "Path of the Unkempt" now and that is where you need to talk to Nolan Greenwood who talking to does not get you "Task stage completed"?

Perhaps logging what he says to you and what you say to him and posting the log here would help.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I've done this twice (once for 2.0 ornament and once for 1.0) but I don't remember much. Are you in an instance of Jaggedpine Forest and not the real one? Because I'm pretty sure you need to be in the instanced one.

Sorry, I don't really remember much.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Here's what I have:

[Wed Jul 17 21:00:28 2013] Sara Treewind nods, 'The influence of the dark gods is making itself known again, though more subtly now. I feel you once again have an important role to play in maintaining the balance of nature... Tell me, Fanra, how much do you know of the [unkempt] woods?'
    [Wed Jul 17 21:00:38 2013] You say, 'Unkempt?'
    [Wed Jul 17 21:00:38 2013] Your task 'Path of the Unkempt' has been updated.
    [Wed Jul 17 21:00:38 2013] Sara Treewind sighs, 'Such a muddled history, what with the cultists of Jale Phlintoes spreading misinformation and tarnishing the name of the true Unkempt... Perhaps you should speak to Nolan Greenwood to learn more.'

[Wed Jul 17 21:03:02 2013] You say, 'Hail, Nolan Greenwood'
    [Wed Jul 17 21:03:03 2013] Nolan Greenwood says 'Blessed are we to have you, Fanra, in our home today. I sense that you are here with [questions], no doubt you feel the tears of Karana and hear the cry of our forest.'
    [Wed Jul 17 21:03:12 2013] You say, 'I have questions'
    [Wed Jul 17 21:03:12 2013] Nolan Greenwood says 'I shall happily recount our history. Perhaps it will shed some light upon the corruption that ails our land, or at least help answer some of your questions... Please, sit and we shall [start].'
    [Wed Jul 17 21:03:22 2013] You say, 'Please start'
    [Wed Jul 17 21:03:23 2013] Nolan Greenwood says 'Nearly a century ago, during the reign of Antonious III, the Jaggedpine forest was ordered to be sealed from entry or exit from Surefall Glade. This order was not executed in malice, but was a decree to better the [protection and preservation] of our sacred lands from the expanding civilizations of Norrath. With that decree now lifted our distant [brethren] from the lands of Qeynos are now returning. '
    [Wed Jul 17 21:03:49 2013] You say, 'Protection and preservation?'
    [Wed Jul 17 21:03:49 2013] Nolan Greenwood says 'Not that we are adverse to outsiders, mind you, it is merely that our ways would have inevitably become lost through the times due to the ultimate needs that a thriving civilization must have to survive in this world. His late majesty wished to keep our ways from such obstructions and in good faith to the druids and rangers of Surefall and the Jaggedpine, obliged their request to keep the forest from the development of the kingdom of Qeynos.''
    [Wed Jul 17 21:04:11 2013] You say, 'What brethren?'
    [Wed Jul 17 21:04:12 2013] Nolan Greenwood says 'Warriors, Scouts and Priests of both nature and the divine faith and law of The Rainkeeper have again been granted entry into the Jaggedpine Forest. Unfortunately, their presence here is not one of celebration or the dawn of a new era or faith. They are here to protect and guide those of us whom have been sheltered from the [turmoil] of the outside world for so long.''
    [Wed Jul 17 21:05:17 2013] You say, 'what turmoil?'
    [Wed Jul 17 21:05:21 2013] You say, 'what turmoil?'
    [Wed Jul 17 21:05:22 2013] Nolan Greenwood says 'I speak of the wars and chaos that have ensnarled Norrath in their merciless grips. We have been sheltered from these events for nearly two generations, and we are quite grateful for being spared the poisonous coils that strangle the rest of this world. Unfortunately, such protection and good fortune lies in the weak hands of chance and fate -- a fate that has removed us from its grace and finds us now in the grips of the very [corruption] his late majesty had strived to protect us from.''

At this point I had to go do other stuff, so I came back to him the next day to continue:

[Thu Jul 18 23:08:08 2013] You say, 'Hail, Nolan Greenwood'
    [Thu Jul 18 23:08:09 2013] Nolan Greenwood says 'Blessed are we to have you, Fanra, in our home today. I sense that you are here with [questions], no doubt you feel the tears of Karana and hear the cry of our forest.'
    [Thu Jul 18 23:08:27 2013] You say, 'I have questions'
    [Thu Jul 18 23:08:28 2013] Nolan Greenwood says 'I shall happily recount our history. Perhaps it will shed some light upon the corruption that ails our land, or at least help answer some of your questions... Please, sit and we shall [start].'
    [Thu Jul 18 23:08:34 2013] You say, 'Let us start'
    [Thu Jul 18 23:08:35 2013] Nolan Greenwood says 'Nearly a century ago, during the reign of Antonious III, the Jaggedpine forest was ordered to be sealed from entry or exit from Surefall Glade. This order was not executed in malice, but was a decree to better the [protection and preservation] of our sacred lands from the expanding civilizations of Norrath. With that decree now lifted our distant [brethren] from the lands of Qeynos are now returning. '
    [Thu Jul 18 23:08:50 2013] You say, 'Brethren?'
    [Thu Jul 18 23:08:50 2013] Nolan Greenwood says 'Warriors, Scouts and Priests of both nature and the divine faith and law of The Rainkeeper have again been granted entry into the Jaggedpine Forest. Unfortunately, their presence here is not one of celebration or the dawn of a new era or faith. They are here to protect and guide those of us whom have been sheltered from the [turmoil] of the outside world for so long.''
    [Thu Jul 18 23:09:27 2013] You say, 'What Turmoil?'
    [Thu Jul 18 23:09:27 2013] Nolan Greenwood says 'I speak of the wars and chaos that have ensnarled Norrath in their merciless grips. We have been sheltered from these events for nearly two generations, and we are quite grateful for being spared the poisonous coils that strangle the rest of this world. Unfortunately, such protection and good fortune lies in the weak hands of chance and fate -- a fate that has removed us from its grace and finds us now in the grips of the very [corruption] his late majesty had strived to protect us from.''
    [Thu Jul 18 23:09:49 2013] You say, 'What corruption?'
    [Thu Jul 18 23:09:50 2013] Nolan Greenwood says 'The tale of Innoruuk, the vile Prince of Hate, having brought a child into the world and the resulting corruption of our brother forest of Kithicor brought many a tear of mourning and rage to our eyes. And the tales of Bertoxxulous' followers tainting the lands of Karana with their accursed worship and rites boiled the blood in our veins as a thirst for vengeance arose. However, it is not only sorrow and fury that we feel. . . we know regret, for in our absence we were unable to lend our ways to these battles and it is in this knowledge of our absence that we carry the greatest burden. But we cannot let our attentions end with these tales, for a [threat] akin to the previous has seeped through our barricades and the Jaggedpine is in danger.''
    [Thu Jul 18 23:10:22 2013] You say, 'What threat?'
    [Thu Jul 18 23:10:23 2013] Nolan Greenwood says 'I speak of the gnolls of Blackburrow and the [feral wildlings] to our east in the Unkempt Wood. Very recently, the gnolls unearthed an ancient shrine dedicated to the Duke of Bellow, Brell Serilis. This would normally not be of concern to us, but this shrine lies beneath our forest and their excavation of the site has formed a passageway that connects the outside world to the Jaggedpine. This would not be of consequence if the gnolls were not as hostile as they have proven themselves to be over these past weeks since their arrival. The years of separation from the rest of Norrath have also depleted our [resources], leaving us in great danger to threats such as the gnolls.''
    [Thu Jul 18 23:11:21 2013] You say, 'Resources?'
    [Thu Jul 18 23:11:21 2013] Nolan Greenwood says 'Our natural resources are plenty, for we use them wisely and sparingly. It is the resources of experience that we have lost. Our separation from the outside world has not afforded us the proper knowledge of defense and war that every civilization, even the most tranquil and enlightened must maintain to thrive and exist. Because of the recent gnoll arrival, Antonious IV, the successor and son of Antonious III, has ordered that the Jaggedpine forest be re-opened for entry so that those of Karana's faith and law could provide fortification and reinstate our lost knowledge of defense and battle.'
    [Thu Jul 18 23:12:15 2013] You say, 'Feral wildlings?'
    [Thu Jul 18 23:12:20 2013] You say, 'Feral wildlings?'
    [Thu Jul 18 23:12:20 2013] Nolan Greenwood says 'I speak of the Unkempt Warders -- human, half elf, and Feir'Dal rangers and druids who pledge their existence entirely to the wild in the name of Tunare, their matron goddess. Although their intentions are not necessarily evil and are very parallel to the rest of those whom fight to preserve nature, they are [more militant and fierce] in their beliefs than any other organization dedicated to the preservation of the natural ways on the whole of Norrath.''
    [Thu Jul 18 23:12:45 2013] You say, 'More militant and fierce?'
    [Thu Jul 18 23:12:46 2013] Nolan Greenwood says 'They have chosen the ways of the wild, becoming so rooted in the wilderness and the chaotic forces of nature that they will slay any that wander into their territory. It is said that the Unkempt Warders and the [Solar and Lunar Tribes] have placed [wards] throughout their wood, discouraging any from entering and informing those that would dare to continue into their domain of the fate that awaits. Do not take these words lightly, my friend, and be as thankful as we that the borders separating the Unkempt Wood and this forest are still quite intact.''
    [Thu Jul 18 23:13:08 2013] You say, 'Solar and Lunar Tribes?'
    [Thu Jul 18 23:13:09 2013] Nolan Greenwood says 'These tribes are known separately as the Lujien and Gihjna -- bestial folk, comparable only to the Kerran or Vah Shir in explanation in the nature of their appearance. They are upright wolf and bear-like creatures, although their appearance is much closer to their natural roots than their feline counterparts. The Lujien, the Tribe of the Moon, are beautiful although deadly creatures that possess the cunning and fierceness of a wolf and the intelligence of any man. The Gihjna, the Tribe of the Dawn, are the priests of this culture and are massive ursine behemoths of strength and wisdom. These beings have called the territory known as the Unkempt Wood their homeland for millennia -- some say from a time before the creation of barbarian or man.''
    [Thu Jul 18 23:14:15 2013] You say, 'What wards?'
    [Thu Jul 18 23:14:15 2013] Nolan Greenwood says 'I. . . I cannot speak of them in detail. Forgive me in that, but I cannot dishonor the memory of our unfortunate ancestors that were the first to be constructed into these wards. I. . . have said too much already. Again, forgive me, but I cannot speak further of them. Know only that if the day comes that fate would be malicious enough to guide you into the unkempt territory, you will understand my meaning and know these wards within the first, and likely last moments of that chronicle of your life.''
    [Thu Jul 18 23:14:15 2013] Nolan has shed some interesting insight into the history of the Unkempt Woods. However, the origin of the group that has become known as the 'Unkempt Druids' is still a bit of a mystery. Perhaps Gerael Woodone in Surefall Glade could shed some light on the group...
    [Thu Jul 18 23:14:15 2013] Your task 'Path of the Unkempt' has been updated.
    Shambala likes this.
  5. guado Augur

Hey Fanra, I know the dialogue is bugged, but just say to the guy at the tree: "wish to commune with the spirit of the rainkeeper" you will get an update, sit down, meditate for like 1 minute (you can be full mana) and you'll zone into the instanced version. Then enjoy using cold to shrink, fire to grow, and magic to push through a ridiculous event.
  6. Shambala Journeyman

TYVM fanra that last post is exactly the spot i'm stuck on.. when i was going through it how did you know to say "Feral Wildlings?"

still didn't get it because on his last thing i said "what wards?" he responds with the phrase that ends with "...Chronicle of your life." but i don't get his second phrase that gives the update. but i went back and said "Solar and Lunar tribes" he gave me the update... so we'll see how far i get now.

thanks again for the help
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

[Thu Jul 18 23:10:22 2013] You say, 'What threat?'
    [Thu Jul 18 23:10:23 2013] Nolan Greenwood says 'I speak of the gnolls of Blackburrow and the [feral wildlings] to our east in the Unkempt Wood. Very recently, the gnolls unearthed an ancient shrine dedicated to the Duke of Bellow, Brell Serilis. This would normally not be of concern to us, but this shrine lies beneath our forest and their excavation of the site has formed a passageway that connects the outside world to the Jaggedpine. This would not be of consequence if the gnolls were not as hostile as they have proven themselves to be over these past weeks since their arrival. The years of separation from the rest of Norrath have also depleted our [resources], leaving us in great danger to threats such as the gnolls.''

The problem is that he also says [resources], so that you can easily miss the feral wildlings in the same paragraph. Whenever an NPC says two keywords in the same paragraph it is easy to miss that you might need to go back and do the other keyword as well.